Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    It's just about Blizzard, otherwise they'd have quit Fortnite, boycotted Epic and deleted all the games they bought on the Epic Game Store (Tencent does own 40% of the company after all). Oh but Epic did release this half-assed statement and everyone was apparently appeased.
    You do realize that statement and the fallow up to it came from the CEO/Owner of Epic Games right? Also I personally don't play Fortnite...

Epic can say it and mean it because the way that company's shares work, if Tencent wanted to drop the 40% shares it owns they would have to sell them and MANY company's would jump at the chance to buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Still waiting to seem them dump their IPhones and boycott Apple..
    I don't own a Apple product, Its best if you not act like everyone does.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Losing traction?

Perhaps you should look outside a fansite that is known for its fanboyism. It's been a week and if anything - it's gaining traction.
    It'll be dead by blizzcon, or even sooner if some other big news happens, it's useless. You can hate, boycott, or picket Blizz all you want but it doesn't help out the situation in china in the least.

All you're doing is at best annoying people, and at worst harming employees that have nothing to do with it, or may even be in support of the Hong kong issue.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Anyone who still buys an iPhone and knows anything about anything is either an idiot or is so deeply invested in their "ecosystem" that they can't get out.
    Why I never bought an iPhone as see them as too overpriced for what they are, and also the shady practices of Apple themselves..

Why I never bought an iPhone as see them as too overpriced for what they are, and also the shady practices of Apple themselves..
    I used to because during the 3g era EVERYONE had them, but they lock too much of their shit behind things the user can't change unless they jailbreak, so I did a lot of jailbreaking, now I just use Rooted Androids.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I don't own a Apple product, Its best if you not act like everyone does.
    Thing is a lot of people do, and as such the generalization..

Thing is, if you really wanted to ditch China from your life you'd probably end up out on a curb somewhere reading a book, probably even something that goes into building your house or apartment that was made in china.

And a lot of people don't, so its best to not make a generalization.

Also to live a adult life Cell Phones are required, Blizzard games are not. Its much easier to cut things out of your life that you don't need to live it. Don't have a way for your work to get a hold of you good luck having a job.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I used to because during the 3g era EVERYONE had them, but they lock too much of their shit behind things the user can't change unless they jailbreak, so I did a lot of jailbreaking, now I just use Rooted Androids.
    That is the problem in having to do such things to their products.. Heck I still remember that story of a repair shop who got in trouble, for fixing peoples iPhones with aftermarket screens..

That is the problem in having to do such things to their products.. Heck I still remember that story of a repair shop who got in trouble, for fixing peoples iPhones with aftermarket screens..
    Apples horrible with that honestly, I don't care about company thoughts on politics really, but they flat out lie to customers and say they can't fix things that they can or recover things that they can.

That whole water damage picture recovery thing was such a joke, sometimes I watch that apple guy... can't remember his name, who does repairs but bitches about apple the whole time, for comedy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, if you really wanted to ditch China from your life you'd probably end up out on a curb somewhere reading a book, probably even something that goes into building your house or apartment that was made in china.
    Exactly, pretty much everything we buy in the west comes from either China or any of the Asean countries..

And a lot of people don't, so its best to not make a generalization.

Also to live a adult life Cell Phones are required, Blizzard games are not. Its much easier to cut things out of your life that you don't need to live it. Don't have a way for your work to get a hold of you good luck having a job.
    Plenty of people work without cellphones, they're called land lines

Plenty of people work without cellphones, they're called land lines
    Yes plenty do, Not all or a majority.

That land line you own, Take a look at the company it came from. Same rule still apply's.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apples horrible with that honestly, I don't care about company thoughts on politics really, but they flat out lie to customers and say they can't fix things that they can or recover things that they can.

That whole water damage picture recovery thing was such a joke, sometimes I watch that apple guy... can't remember his name, who does repairs but bitches about apple the whole time, for comedy.
    You mean Louis Rossmann yeah he has a great channel about that, still remember one funny one where he was repairing a Macbook and he found that the mainboard was covered in jizz.. lol

Yes plenty do, Not all or a majority.

That land line you own, Take a look at the company it came from. Same rule still apply's.
    It just proves how silly the whole thing is, i mean go ahead, boycott blizzard, but at the end of the day the people you're really hurting most are American workers who are innocent in the whole affair.

Lets say Blizz loses china, what do you think they're going to do break even? Fire a bunch of works in NA and EU

And who would it be helping? No one, you think china is going to feel that? Maybe the chinese gamers who play blizzard games to help escape from their shitty existence.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean Louis Rossmann yeah he has a great channel about that, still remember one funny one where he was repairing a Macbook and he found that the mainboard was covered in jizz.. lol
    Oh god, i need to find that one if it still exists

It just proves how silly the whole thing is, i mean go ahead, boycott blizzard, but at the end of the day the people you're really hurting most are American workers who are innocent in the whole affair.

Lets say Blizz loses china, what do you think they're going to do break even? Fire a bunch of works in NA and EU

And who would it be helping? No one, you think china is going to feel that?
    You would have a point of it wasn't for the fact early this year Activision-Blizzard reported high earnings and yet still fired 800 people. With the way AAA company's have been it doesn't matter if we buy or don't buy from them. Employee's are still going to loose their job.

Even more so if these company's can do like others and just get shit made cheaper elsewhere.

You would have a point of it wasn't for the fact early this year Activision-Blizzard reported high earnings and yet still fired 800 people. With the way AAA company's have been it doesn't matter if we buy or don't buy from them. Employee's are still going to loose their job.

Even more so if these company's can do like others and just get shit made cheaper elsewhere.
    I mean, the layoffs were mostly shitty, but it was a lot of redundant positions. But all giving them less money does is give them even more of a reason to fire people.

We all know kotick isn't going to take a pay cut.

I mean, the layoffs were mostly shitty, but it was a lot of redundant positions. But all giving them less money does is give them even more of a reason to fire people.

We all know kotick isn't going to take a pay cut.
    Ok and Kotick making money still gets people fired....

The company will fire whoever they feel isn't worth it at any time. Activision-Blizzard makes money hand over fist and yet like I said 800 people lost their job.

I choose to not deal with the optional devil, I don't need Activision-Blizzard products in my life. Some products I do need in my life and I have to deal with that devil. That is the world we live in, You can lower the China footprint that you have.

If by some chance Activision-Blizzard releases a product I want, Ill buy it used and they won't see a dime from me. I find that very unlikely since they seem focused on is Call of Duty and Online games.

Same thing I have been doing to WB and Ubisoft.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, i need to find that one if it still exists
    Here are two that I found, really makes one wonder the life of a service repair technician.. The first one is very gross.. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tAsw3qXLgs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqRw0oDDXTE

I wonder if people have started to turn against blitzchung for not wanting to shit on Blizzard.

Ok and Kotick making money still gets people fired....

The company will fire whoever they feel isn't worth it at any time. Activision-Blizzard makes money hand over fist and yet like I said 800 people lost their job.

I choose to not deal with the optional devil, I don't need Activision-Blizzard products in my life. Some products I do need in my life and I have to deal with that devil. That is the world we live in, You can lower the China footprint that you have.

If by some chance Activision-Blizzard releases a product I want, Ill buy it used and they won't see a dime from me. I find that very unlikely since they seem focused on is Call of Duty and Online games.

Same thing I have been doing to WB and Ubisoft.
    And I still enjoy the products, not going to give up something I enjoy for lost cause

And just to be clear, not saying Hong Kong is a lost cause, but the whole boycott blizzard thing is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I wonder if people have started to turn against blitzchung for not wanting to shit on Blizzard.
    Not that I've seen, but I've seen people say he was "forced"

- - - Updated - - -

Here are two that I found, really makes one wonder the life of a service repair technician.. The first one is very gross.. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tAsw3qXLgs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqRw0oDDXTE
    Oh Lord, I'll have to bookmark those, not at the PC atm