Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    The problem we have is that our dots hit for shit all now. For a dot spec, our dot's are awful, and one of them is ramp backloaded damage. All of our damage is tied to the DG cooldown, without it we'd be worse than arcane mages.
    And this is why no Lock player I know in my friend list or guild plays Afflic any more, and it was by far the most popular Lock spec in Legion. Afflic just feels like crap now. I moved my Lock to Destro, but that just makes them another turret caster, like Elemental and Arcane, so what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    The DB nerf isn't the big deal. It's the reasoning and the absurdity of it, there's no coherent reason to nerf DB, there's no real justification for it. The dev note alone reveals blizzard has not even a basic comprehension of how affliction works.
    Not wanting a dot-spec to have burst damage makes complete sense.

Further, multiple people in this thread are crying about Affliction in general. Warlock is the Class in the game that has the least amount of reason to be unhappy. In general it is always a very well-performing class. The amount of crybabies in this thread is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post

Further, multiple people in this thread are crying about Affliction in general. Warlock is the Class in the game that has the least amount of reason to be unhappy. In general it is always a very well-performing class. The amount of crybabies in this thread is ridiculous.
    Affliction is literally a single target burst spec and has been all of BFA. You don't even know how affliction works.

Also, why is a spec that's below middle of the pack being nerfed?

Affliction is literally a single target burst spec and has been all of BFA. You don't even know how affliction works.

Also, why is a spec that's below middle of the pack being nerfed?
    Affliction should not be a single-target burst spec. That's what Blizzard is saying. Affliction is a dot-spec and that doesn't comply with single target burst.

Affliction is not below the middle. It is a mid spec right now and it is still one of the best specs on spread cleave fights like Queens Court. It's good to see Warlock not having a top spec just for one tier. Warlocks is almost always one of the best classes so it is nice to see other classes get to shine.

There is no need for all this crying in the Warlock forums. You have simply just been spoiled by past performance.

Affliction should not be a single-target burst spec. That's what Blizzard is saying. Affliction is a dot-spec and that doesn't comply with single target burst.

Affliction is not below the middle. It is a mid spec right now and it is still one of the best specs on spread cleave fights like Queens Court. It's good to see Warlock not having a top spec just for one tier. Warlocks is almost always one of the best classes so it is nice to see other classes get to shine.

There is no need for all this crying in the Warlock forums. You have simply just been spoiled by past performance.
    With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. Affliction is a single target burst spec, no matter what blizzard says. The spec plays as a single target burst spec, almost all of its damage is loaded into a 3min cd, it's one of the highest burst specs in the game and outside of said burst does almost nothing. Nerfing DB does nothing but make the spec worse at the only thing it can really do.

And yes, aff is in fact sub middle of the pack in EP:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23

In the future, please refrain from discussing subjects you know nothing about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Everyone has poor design in BfA. It's part of the box features.

Affliction has been in the top 10% of DPS classes for what... 2-3 years now?

Well deserved nerf. Now wait until 9.0 to be fixed like the rest of us.

Disclaimer: May not actually be fixed in 9.0. Ion Hazzicostas is a known pathological liar with an ego so large it should be taking the planet out of orbit.

"this spec is below middle of the pack, but was good before, therefore nerfs are deserved."

Can you link me your logs real quick?
    Last edited by asil; 2019-10-14 at 07:32 AM.

With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. Affliction is a single target burst spec, no matter what blizzard says. The spec plays as a single target burst spec, almost all of its damage is loaded into a 3min cd, it's one of the highest burst specs in the game and outside of said burst does almost nothing. Nerfing DB does nothing but make the spec worse at the only thing it can really do.

And yes, aff is in fact sub middle of the pack in EP:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23

In the future, please refrain from discussing subjects you know nothing about.
    Affliction should not be a single target burst spec.

Affliction is in the middle of the pack. The warcraftlogs link you linked show that. They are around the same overall performance as Balance Druid for example.

Also, the fights in EP doesn't suit a spec like Affliction very well. In a raid with more fights like Queens Court you would see Affliction much higher in general. Affliction is definitely not a bad spec and crying about it is just embarrassing.

You can choose not discuss with me if you feel I lack knowledge. No one forces you to respond to my posts.

Affliction should not be a single target burst spec.

Affliction is in the middle of the pack. The warcraftlogs link you linked show that. They are around the same overall performance as Balance Druid for example.

Also, the fights in EP doesn't suit a spec like Affliction very well. In a raid with more fights like Queens Court you would see Affliction much higher in general. Affliction is definitely not a bad spec and crying about it is just embarrassing.

You can choose not discuss with me if you feel I lack knowledge. No one forces you to respond to my posts.
    What it "should be" and what it is are 2 different things. Affliction is primarily a single target burst spec and has been all of BFA. Aff is 3rd on queen's court and it's primarily because of damage funneling, not spread damage.

You again, have no idea what you are talking about.

Explain to me how nerfing death bolt changes the objective reality that affliction is a single target burst spec?

It makes sense. But when the dots are useless if not under the cd it doesn't. One of the reasons, I abandoned my lock.

Instead if the sustain dot spec it was supposed to be it's just another window burst mess.

Performing good does not make it a good spec.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Fun = Overpowered

You think it's Blizzard's fault, but no, it's just your perception.

What it "should be" and what it is are 2 different things. Affliction is primarily a single target burst spec and has been all of BFA. Aff is 3rd on queen's court and it's primarily because of damage funneling, not spread damage.

You again, have no idea what you are talking about.

Explain to me how nerfing death bolt changes the objective reality that affliction is a single target burst spec?
    I'm talking about what it should be, because that is what Blizzard was describing in the notes. Nerfing Death Bolt is a step in the right direction.

Affliction is performing well and a nerf to the single target burst is completely fine. It so ridiculous that you complain about Affliction being a middle spec especially when it is in a raid that doesn't suit the spec, while other classes/specs in the game perform much worse. Warlocks are just so spoiled.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-10-14 at 07:57 AM.

I'm talking about what it should be, because that is what Blizzard was describing in the notes. Nerfing Death Bolt is a step in the right direction.

Affliction is performing well and a nerf to the single target burst is completely fine. It so ridiculous that you complain about Affliction being middle spec in a raid that doesn't suit the spec while other classes/specs in the game perform much worse. Warlock are just so spoiled.
    How is nerfing death bolt a step in the right direction? How does nerfing death bolt make a warlock do more dot damage? You'll still talent death bolt, you'll still be a single target burst spec.

Also, EP does suit warlock, you don't even know why the spec is performing meh compared to what it has been in the past, it sure as hell isn't fight design.

Do you even raid in this game?

How on earth is a nerf to a spec that is at best middle of the pack justified? For what possible reason?

Affliction is performing well and a nerf to the single target burst is completely fine. It so ridiculous that you complain about Affliction being a middle spec especially when it is in a raid that doesn't suit the spec, while other classes/specs in the game perform much worse. Warlock are just so spoiled.
    You're still not understanding.

Affliction is a single target spec.

Funny you should mention Queens court, since it's outperformed by other dot classes there, and destroyed by destro even.

If affliction was so good at multidotting, you'd see it more often in m+ on fortified weeks.

And yet... You don't.

Again, not only is aff's top damage all based around a 3 minute cd, but among our best azerite traits are cascading calamity, causing you to have to dump your UA on one target to keep the haste rolling, and Inevitable Demise, a... Single target damage buff on drain life.

And if you have to retort to "WELL OTHER CLASSES ARE DOING EVEN WORSE", then you're just proving that you're running out of reasons to think locks should just accept this.

How is nerfing death bolt a step in the right direction? How does nerfing death bolt make a warlock do more dot damage? You'll still talent death bolt, you'll still be a single target burst spec.

Also, EP does suit warlock, you don't even know why the spec is performing meh compared to what it has been in the past, it sure as hell isn't fight design.

Do you even raid in this game?

How on earth is a nerf to a spec that is at best middle of the pack justified? For what possible reason?
    The nerf was to reduce single-target burst a little bit and I think that make sense in relation to what a dot-spec SHOULD be. So that nerf in itself is completely fine.

Affliction is performing well and a nerf to the single target burst is completely fine. It so ridiculous that you complain about Affliction being a middle spec especially when it is in a raid that doesn't suit the spec, while other classes/specs in the game perform much worse. Warlock are just so spoiled.
    I dont think people here are "crying" because of "middle of the pack", they are crying because of class design. It's just not understandable how they can nerf the only usuable Talent in this tier without buffing at least one of the other 2. Drain Soul is NEGATIVE DPS if you take it.

And no, nerfing DB alone isnt doing anything. The Specc is still a "burst window" specc, and not a multidott focused one like it should be. Yes they have dots, but unbuffed and not under burst window cds they are a flying fart. So what would be the right way? Nerf the burst window mechanic (or delete it in the next xpack/rework) and BUFF sustain like the dots so the DOT Specc Affliction feels like a...DOT Specc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You're still not understanding.

Affliction is a single target spec.

Funny you should mention Queens court, since it's outperformed by other dot classes there, and destroyed by destro even.

If affliction was so good at multidotting, you'd see it more often in m+ on fortified weeks.

And yet... You don't.

Again, not only is aff's top damage all based around a 3 minute cd, but among our best azerite traits are cascading calamity, causing you to have to dump your UA on one target to keep the haste rolling, and Inevitable Demise, a... Single target damage buff on drain life.

And if you have to retort to "WELL OTHER CLASSES ARE DOING EVEN WORSE", then you're just proving that you're running out of reasons to think locks should just accept this.
    Nerfing a spell that contributes to single-target burst is a good choice in my opinion. I think Blizzard is doing the right thing here.

The reason that I mention other classes, is because I think it is ridiculous that Warlocks always start to cry when they are not a top tier spec.

The nerf was to reduce single-target burst a little bit and I think that make sense in relation to what a dot-spec SHOULD be. So that nerf in itself is completely fine.
    Are you not reading anything being said to you? **how does nerfing death bolt change the fact the spec is a single target burst spec??** You could remove death bolt and affliction would still be a single target burst spec.

Affliction will be a single target burst spec for the remainder of BFA.

Are you even following anything being said?
    Last edited by asil; 2019-10-14 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    I dont think people here are "crying" because of "middle of the pack", they are crying because of class design. It's just not understandable how they can nerf the only usuable Talent in this tier without buffing at least one of the other 2. Drain Soul is NEGATIVE DPS if you take it.

And no, nerfing DB alone isnt doing anything. The Specc is still a "burst window" specc, and not a multidott focused one like it should be. Yes they have dots, but unbuffed and not under burst window cds they are a flying fart. So what would be the right way? Nerf the burst window mechanic (or delete it in the next xpack/rework) and BUFF sustain like the dots so the DOT Specc Affliction feels like a...DOT Specc.
    Nerfing single-target burst for Affliction is a step in the right direction. By concept a dot-spec should not have a lot of single-target burst.

Nerfing a spell that contributes to single-target burst is a good choice in my opinion. I think Blizzard is doing the right thing here.

The reason that I mention other classes, is because I think it is ridiculous that Warlocks always start to cry when they are not a top tier spec.
    Then you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to locks.

It's a mess that they have patch notes flat out saying "we want to tune back how strong dots are", and then proceeds to nerf a single target spell because "well under certain situations it did a lot of burst" (ie- CRF+DSM+Darkglare).

If they care about it doing too much damage straight up, make it do damage over time.

If they care about the other talents not being picked, fix the one that's a DPS loss instead.

The logic is just not there on the change. Nor is it reasonable to say "it's a good idea" when there's literally nothing to back that statement except it seems like a "YEAH SUCK IT LOCKS".

Are you not reading anything being said to you? **how does nerfing death bolt change the fact the spec is a single target burst spec??** You could remove death bolt and affliction would still be a single target burst spec.

Affliction will be a single target burst spec for the remainder of BFA.
    It doesn't change that fact. But there is a degree to everything.

Reducing the single-target burst is still a good choice because Affliction should not have a lot of single-target burst. So it is a small step in the right direction.

Nerfing single-target burst for Affliction is a step in the right direction. By concept a dot-spec should not have a lot of single-target burst.
    Then buff our dots.
    Since UA is designed to be dumped on a single target right now instead of spread out due to cascading calamity and darkglare, more so than even deathbolt.