Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't know why people somehow assumed allied races were going to be subraces and nothing else. They've said outright that allied races are technically not subraces as far back as this interview from January 30th 2018 and even hinted at Vulpera being a potential allied race.

Quote from Afrasiabi: "The nice thing with allied races, especially because they’re not technically sub-races, is we can kind of do anything. Sky’s the limit.".

Heck, there's another interview that asked Blizzard which other allied races they'd considered that didn't make the cut, and their answer was "Pretty much anything with two legs we discussed being an Allied Race".

You guys need to get over this idea that allied races were ever supposed to be restricted to subraces.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2019-10-14 at 06:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    So far all of the Allied Races have been "subspecies" of the current races in WoW. Most of these have been minor reskins of existing races, which is fine since Allied Races were advertised more as unlockable cosmetics to add some NG+ value.

However, Vulpera seem to change that. They are an entirely new race added to the game, and the only thing they have in common with their counterpart race is that they are a small race. But Vulpera are in no way a subspecies or different tribe of goblin.

As the only completely new, unique race of BfA, this puts an imbalance between the Horde and Alliance. So, I'm thinking this implies that the last two AR reveals will include a completely new race for the Alliance side. This leads me to believe that Lightforged UD will be for the Horde (not Alliance as many were predicting), and the Worgen's counterpart race will be something completely new. Sethrak might be on the table but make little sense to me as Alliance has very limited interaction with them. Ankoan/Jinyu would probably make the most sense... but then again Gilgoblins didn't make the Horde cut.

At any rate, it seems the last AR for Alliance is still the biggest mystery of BfA.
    they are still a reskin of goblin, though.

The amount of people that don't get that this thread is not about the skeletons is actually a little surprising. Re-read the OP again and again until you "get" it.

Also /facepalm for the above quoted bit. Saying an entirely new race is the same as gnomes with mechanical limbs. Some people's kids...
    Pretty sure that goblins and vulpera are related in lore. It's just a matter of whether or not they get fed after midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Did you read the response at all; or did you just jump on the 1st sentence that grinded your gears? Kids indeed.
    What i am on about is that you deliberately, or by mistake, used terms which indicate you are talking about 2 separate things (both aspects of what makes a race "unique") and using them as arguments. You literally caused the whole misunderstanding yourself and are now pinning it on your readers comprehension.

If you played any BFA you would have noticed how these furries are not a new race at all. Also what i'm refering to there is in fact the technical point of view, not the lore. A misunderstanding you created in the 1st place; as noted above.
    Your interpretation of what makes a race unique is not the one being used in this thread. And quite frankly, your interpretation is completely ridiculous. You misunderstanding of that fact is what led you to make the post I replied to. So before you join a conversation, you might want to make sure you understand what is being talked about, lest you look the fool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I don't know why people somehow assumed allied races were going to be subraces and nothing else.
    No one assumed that. They just have been so far, as stated in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

The blood elves. Did you not unlock them? They're constantly hanging out with the blood elves in BFA.
    No link as in they are not a sub race to any of the horde races. Ie, Orc - mag'har. Tauren - highmountain. Heck, the alliance at least have a few high elves alive in their ranks, giving the void elves a somewhat sub race line to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Vulpera are furry gobelins

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You're really not reading this thread correctly.
    If pure speculation was his intention then he did not need to start his thread on a wrong premise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone so convinced there's going to be two more allied races? Did I miss something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna go out on a limb here, but I don't think any of this matters. Drawing my own (shared) conclusion from all the information revealed in game, and data mined, I'd say the days of the traditional faction split are numbered, and we'll see all races able to quest and raid together (with a system in place to maintain PvP where required). I know some folks don't like the thought of this, but with the faction indicators on the character select screen, it really isn't a massive leap to consider that they identify the player selected faction of that character.

Wish listing? Perhaps, but it doubles the choices available to each side of the player base, and surely that's a good thing?

7+ Year Old Account
    This terrible planet of pink-skinned freaks.
    Kul Tiran Humans and Zandalari Trolls are both new models.
    Highmountain Tauren and the Nightborne were new races created for the previous expansion.
    Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves (kinda... well at least Alleria. The concept at least) are both introduced in the last patch of the previous expansion.
    Mag'har Orcs and Dark Iron Dwarves have been requested playable races since Burning Crusade.

Both Mechagnomes and Vulpera are new races introduced this expansion.

You can find patterns anywhere if you look for them. That's literally how our brains work.
    What patterns can we see for the undead, worgen, and pandaren allied races?

1. Only Zandalari and Kul Tirans were totally new models, all other allied races wear re-skins. Yes, Zandalari males existed since MoP, but the models for females and druid forms are new.
    2. Void elves, and their lack of previous lore, were the least well received of the allied races when announced.
    3. We received our first group of allied races in the last patch update (7.3.5) of Legion.

Conclusion: if we get Undead, Worgen, and Pandaren allied races, it will likely use their respective skeletons or existing assets, will likely be an existing race with established lore, and will come after the Nya'lotha raid in patch 8.3.5 (notice how WoW has used x.5 patches to advance story elements in BfA). If not, we will get them in the next expansion, likely as part of the 9.1 patch.

I'm guessing, based on 8.3 datamining, we will get the Pandaren allied race, the Mogu, as part of 8.3., as they fit all the criteria and are being introduced again as part of the main story of this patch.

I am also guessing that given the history between the Undead and the Worgen, we will not get their allied races until the next expansion. They will likely be new(ish) races with a faction introduced in the next expansion, with new models and unique features, and will likely not share themes or concepts with other allied races (i.e. no Lightforged Undead or Undead Night Elves). What that could be is anyone's guess. I mean, it's not like any of us expected Void Elves.

I could be wrong, but that's what the evidence is pointing towards.

And... Let's be real, did any of us want Gilgoblins anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Why is everyone so convinced there's going to be two more allied races? Did I miss something?
    I think you may have. Mechagnomes and Vulpera are the next Allied Races in patch 8.3, for the alliance and Horde respectively. There's all kinds of stuff about it on the front page of MMO-C, and plenty on Wowhead.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far all of the Allied Races have been "subspecies" of the current races in WoW. Most of these have been minor reskins of existing races, which is fine since Allied Races were advertised more as unlockable cosmetics to add some NG+ value.

However, Vulpera seem to change that. They are an entirely new race added to the game, and the only thing they have in common with their counterpart race is that they are a small race. But Vulpera are in no way a subspecies or different tribe of goblin.

As the only completely new, unique race of BfA, this puts an imbalance between the Horde and Alliance. So, I'm thinking this implies that the last two AR reveals will include a completely new race for the Alliance side. This leads me to believe that Lightforged UD will be for the Horde (not Alliance as many were predicting), and the Worgen's counterpart race will be something completely new. Sethrak might be on the table but make little sense to me as Alliance has very limited interaction with them. Ankoan/Jinyu would probably make the most sense... but then again Gilgoblins didn't make the Horde cut.

At any rate, it seems the last AR for Alliance is still the biggest mystery of BfA.
    I could imagine reaching a pause on AR's once each race has a subrace..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    What gives you the idea they'll be adding anymore ARs this expansion?
    2 more are coming. Lightbound (or whatever they're called) Undead, and something we haven't seen yet.

Unrelated to the post I quoted but I really wish people would drop the 'maybe Sethrak next!' talk - Blizzard has already said that a completely new race like that would be a marquee feature for a new expansion, not an allied race.

It isn't going to happen.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-10-14 at 07:25 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    2 more are coming. Lightbound (or whatever they're called) Undead, and something we haven't seen yet.

Unrelated to the post I quoted but I really wish people would drop the 'maybe Sethrak next!' talk - Blizzard has already said that a completely new race like that would be a marquee feature for a new expansion, not an allied race.

It isn't going to happen.
    Im confused. Since Vulpera were a completely new race.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

God, I so hate this constant measuring and matching everything. Why can't a core issue in a fantasy setting such as playable races simply be dictated by narrative?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Im confused. Since Vulpera were a completely new race.
    In the lore sense yes, but in terms of resources they are very much reskinned goblins with tweaked animations (mostly on account of having tails).

Sethrak aren't reskinned versions of something that's come before, they are all new and more importantly they have unique UV mapping that makes them incompatible with the default armors. And whether you're confused or not, they are not going to be an allied race, or any other sort of race, unless Blizz decides it is worth redoing their models to be able to use the existing armors. That's a lot of effort for a race that played a small role in the overall story of an expansion that's winding down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    God, I so hate this constant measuring and matching everything. Why can't a core issue in a fantasy setting such as playable races simply be dictated by narrative?
    Hell if I know. But it annoys me to no end too.

"Alliance lost 6.33 characters in this war, Horde only lost 5.88! Clear Blizz hates alliance and wishes all alliance players would reroll horde"
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yep, they do, which means Alliance better get something cool that's not a sub-race next patch.
    Better chance of our sun going supernova than the Alliance getting an allied race that's actually cool and will be played.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I could imagine reaching a pause on AR's once each race has a subrace..
    That's pretty much my stance on it, that every core race (aside from Pandaren since they're neutral) will get an allied equivalent. Everything we've seen so far backs that up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Better chance of our sun going supernova than the Alliance getting an allied race that's actually cool and will be played.
    The literally-thousands of void elves that I've encountered since we got them say hello.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Vupera use Goblin Rigging & Animations but they were mentioned as being a subspecies of Kobold. (Not sure how that works because did you know Human beings are more closely related to rats than rats are to dogs or foxes?) As for there being a imbalance of unique races for the Alliance, I think you're forgetting Kul Tirans share a few animations with Zandalari & are diagetically related to humans, are otherwise completely new.
    KT humans do not share animations with Zandalari. That is patently false.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yep, they do, which means Alliance better get something cool that's not a sub-race next patch.
    What's cool is subjective. I think Mechagnomes are cool, couldn't be happier to get them as an allied race. Some people love Mah'gar orcs, some people love Void elves or HM Tauren, then there are the people who love Nightborne, etc.

Too many people here confuse 'I don't like that' with 'something is objectively wrong with that and it needs to be corrected'.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

There probably won't be an alliance and horde for much longer, so it's kinda pointless to put races in a faction now.
    Also as far as reskins and such, Vulpera is just a reskin of the goblins but the Kul Tirans actually got a completely new rig like new races do.

Wow... the amount of stupid posts in this thread opened my eyes on average mmo-champ user intelligence.

Yes, everyone knows Vulpera are reskinned goblins, you aren't looking smart coming here to post that. This thread is about how Vulpera is a completely new race rather than offbreed of what we already had in our rooster. How can this be so hard to grasp?