Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    What the classic plus crowd don't realize is that literally every raid patch in the history of man INCLUDING classic changed how classes worked based on stat weights alone, let alone actual class changes that were made to boost underperforming specs and nerfing SOME overperforming specs. So adding new content will change how classic is fundamentally on every level.
    Not only that but the "Classic +" community can't even agree on what the "+" should entail. Some want no changes to existing classes...but new raids, zones, bg's, etc. Others want to see the classes get balanced so that every spec is raid viable. Others just want some QoL features to be introduced. And some want some combination of all those things. Not too mention things I haven't even mentioned.

For myself, if I could take just one thing that's in later expansions but not Classic it would be enchanting vellums. But I know there's people on here and elsewhere that would call me an asshole just for thinking about that. And that's fine...because some of them probably have suggestions that I would find equally distasteful.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I do agree that SOMETHING will need to be done to maintain a respectable playerbase - going by these forums and in game activity, things are grinding to a halt.
    I disagree.
    I do not think Blizzard should create an entirely new WoW version.
    Things being limited was always an aspect of recreating a time-frozen past iteration.

BTW: just because some diehard - chinafarmers ran out of content, doesn't mean servers are dead. The majority of the playerbase isn't anywhere near 60 right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No lol, nothing needs to be done to keep classic 'updated' with content.

It is a museum piece. After Naxx, that's it. The end. Done.

If you update it, it no longer is Classic, it's something new. People wanted vanilla servers, they got vanilla servers.
    Why is this so hard to understand for some people? Arrggghhhhhhhhhh....

Now, re-starting servers, EQ style? That could work. That's part of why private servers are still going strong.
    Personally I'd like to see a TBC and later WotLK option open up. They can keep Cata onwards for all I care. Stopping at WotLK seems to be a very common opinion from what I've seen.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-10-14 at 02:23 PM.

would love a +TBC. Some of my most fond guild memories are from that time.

As much as I'd enjoy TBC, I'd like to see Classic+.
    TBC introduces flying which kills wpvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    As much as I'd enjoy TBC, I'd like to see Classic+.
    TBC introduces flying which kills wpvp.
    As someone who WPvPed, no, flying did not kill it. It was very healthy throughout TBC. Could this myth please stop getting churned around.

Yes you got the occasional coward who flew away, but for the most part it enabled people to reach battles quicker to join in. Think about it, you're at the arse end of the zone and local defense starts flashing, "Blah blah is under attack!" and it's at the OPPOSITE arse end of the zone. No flying? You might be like 'bleh, too far'. Flying? You can get there within a minute or two and join the fray! Works both ways; if you decide to attack an enemy base to try and encourage people to come defend, they'll feel A) more inclined to do so and B) arrive sooner, meaning you get to fight sooner.

We also had lots of crazy awesome WPvP at Halaa, the Hellfire Fortifications, AND the daily hubs like Netherwing Ledge. For all the shit dailies seem to get from classic die-hards, they did a good job of getting people OUT of the cities and congregating at places around the actual world.

If you want to point a finger at what hurt WPvP you literally don't have to look beyond the introduction of the Battleground system, in Vanilla. Why farm ranks in zones when it's so much more convenient and far quicker to just sit in your city queuing for battlegrounds? But noooo, people just ignorantly blame it all on flying mounts because they have a few salty memories of people flying up into the air to escape their ganking attempts.

And if you're still convinced that flying is somehow the end-all of world PvP, then petition Blizz to put that 500 yard range or whatever Net-O-Matic from Retail into TBC. Problem solved.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-10-14 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    You're missing Classic+ being included in there.
    He cant be missing something that doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    We also had lots of crazy awesome WPvP at Halaa, the Hellfire Fortifications, AND the daily hubs like Netherwing Ledge. For all the shit dailies seem to get from classic die-hards, they did a good job of getting people OUT of the cities and congregating at places around the actual world.
    Yup, pretty much this.
    On my server, there was pretty much always action in Hellfire and Halaa. Few peeps gave a crap about the Zangarmarsh/Auchindoun PvP thingies though, no clue why. So much so, that I always avoided these places, and that was WITH a flying mount.
    Also, can't remember how often I got ganked doing NW dailies. Ugh.

TBC after a year of Naxxramas would be welcome