Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Blizzard: Support Pride Day by buying our rainbow colored skins and rainbow colored loot box's. By the way Tracer is gay and here is a comic about it.....

Blizzard: DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING POLITICAL AT OUR TOURNAMENTS OR IN OUR VIDEO GAMES.

Fucken Hypocrites.
    I don't know how an adult cannot see the difference here. "Blizzard" can take any political stance they want, since they haven't signed a contract, which forbids them to do so. The HS players signed a contract, which forbids them to voice their political opinions during the tournament. He broke the contract, he gets punished.

It has literally nothing to with im being right or wrong.

Seeing how supporting Pride Day is actually a good thing, No.

Anyone complaining about Pride Day is a fucken tool and not worth wasting breath on.
    Then neither is Blizzard's decision to ban Blitzchung hypocrisy.

Leave Britney alone!

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post

Gay pride days are about bringing to light gay people and their Human Rights.

Hong Kong is also about, you guessed it - Human Rights.

Is this making any sense to you yet?
    I posted this in the LoL thread before it got closed but it pretty much applies here too.

But I'm going to entertain myself and argue with what you just said. Earlier Blizzard has only supported Pride day which is celebration of people with different sexual orientations having same human rights. So is sexual orientation something that is political topic or basic human right?
    What Blitzchung said on the stream wasn't about human rights. Hong Kong protests are about disputes between agreements of two regions, Hong Kong and China. At this point everyone should have read what the actual dispute and demands are so I'm not going to repeat those. I think we can all agree that there are human rights issues happening in Hong Kong but the main cause of those is political dispute rather than human rights issue.
    If you think Hong Kong is about human rights, then you are wrong. There are human rights violations done by the police but the main issue isn't human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    If you think Hong Kong is about human rights, then you are wrong. There are human rights violations done by the police but the main issue isn't human rights.

China wants to fully control Hong Kong and that would strip them of their rights...

Please do tell how that isn't a Human Rights issue..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

China wants to fully control Hong Kong and that would strip them of their rights...

Please do tell how that isn't a Human Rights issue..
    Not exactly what's happening there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    So your argument boils down to "How dare people discuss on a discussion board"?
    I don't think what's happening here in this thread can qualify as a "discussion" but to add my two cents instead of throwing wood into the fire and eating popcorns like my other posts (not like it was already a god disaster fire and my wood actually amounts to nothing):

-China is shit?

Yes

-did he deserve to be punished?

Yes

-The punishment was more than should have been?

Yes

-Could blizzard have handled it better?

Hell yes starting with more communication about the matter

-Should we care?

Depends on the individual, one who cares about this is not better than the other, and of course, the other way around, for example, I personaly don't care about this, about that streamer, I care about hong kong, but the issue at hand "discussed" here is irrelevant to me, but I like to read this kind of stuff and say what I think about it

- Things could be simpler (albeit not less wrong or bad) than this why is every inch of the internet like a bomb?

This is now blown out of proportions because everyone on the internet wants to voice their opinions and it's now a mess

-Why is it a mess? explain more?

Because not every opinion is the same, and what we encounter down the line is a distorted truth, for example what people say about the casters, a lot of people in the rage war (special trait about rage war is not informing yourself, if you do it is not fun) are spreading that they did nothing, and that's false, they were the ones that encouraged him to do it, and while I think that was brave it was also unprofessional and it's completely normal that they aren't called again to work there.

-Should you feel compelled to stop playing blizzard games?

No, you shouldn't. If you are more confortable with yourself doing so and feel good about it then yes why not? but as I said a friend, I have one life, I'm selfish, and in no way in hell I will "boycot" blizzard while I'm having a great time with my friends in their games, that would not only make me a hypocrite it would go against my way of life and also, the programmers and the artists that put love and creativity in what we are playing shouold also suffer for this?

So many Chinabots and blizzard dick riders #LiberateHongKong

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    So many Chinabots and blizzard dick riders #LiberateHongKong
    Have you ever considered, that people could be supporting Hong Kong and also think that it was right to punish Blitzchung? Because you know, people have to obey contracts, else the get fired and that is exactly what happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Have you ever considered, that people could be supporting Hong Kong and also think that it was right to punish Blitzchung? Because you know, people have to obey contracts, else the get fired and that is exactly what happened here.
    Nope. It's either #fuckblizzard or you are a drone. Which ironically makes the people with that mindset drones themselves. Only thinking binary and doesn't realise there are nuances and rational behind peoples opinions. I wouldn't bother with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    All right, everyone, stop whining and move on, if it's not your problem, don't try to be the world's hero. Stop trying to ruin video games for those of us not affected. I want more WoW expansions and Blizzcon to uninterrupted by stupid protests, if you don't like it, kiss my ass and go play something else, but leave Blizzard alone. They deserve to make money and have investors to answer to. Video gaming isn't a platform to protest human rights, that's just fucking juvenile and attention-grabbing whore shit.

So again, I ask you, kindly kiss my ass and stop trying to protest Blizzard. Find different venues.
    Seconded.

If all you're doing to fight for human rights in China is boycotting and/or throwing shit at Blizzard, you are accomplishing nothing except feeling good for being outraged, and shitting on honest people just trying to live their lives and do their jobs.

If you really care about human rights in China, and the protests in Hong Kong, then try to do something that is reasonable and can actually have some meaningful impact, instead of just throwing a tantrum. Here are some ideas:
    (Reddit) How can you help Hong Kong protests from abroad #StandwithHongKong

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    To paraphrase someone else:

"Yes, we understand he broke the catch all 'if you do literally anything we decide we don't like, we reserve the right to ban you and take your money' clause in his contract, but that doesn't doesn't mean you're not still scum for punishing a guy for making an innocent show of support for his country's fight for freedom."
    Last edited by Freaking Frumpy Frak; 2019-10-14 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Nope. It's either #fuckblizzard or you are a drone. Which ironically makes the people with that mindset drones themselves. Only thinking binary and doesn't realise there are nuances and rational behind peoples opinions. I wouldn't bother with them.
    Exactly this, it's how things work nowdays. If you don't agree with the popular opinion your own personal opinion becomes completely irrelevant no matter how solid, logical, rational or reasonable it is. Freedom of speech they say, what a joke.

Everyone that agrees that guy should' have got punished for breaking a rule is instantly a blizzard or china schill, regardless of the fact that you don't care about either
    but I guess that's how things works in todays society. Most comical thing is, they call you a sheep or a drone, which is exactly what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post

-Should you feel compelled to stop playing blizzard games?

No, you shouldn't. If you are more confortable with yourself doing so and feel good about it then yes why not? but as I said a friend, I have one life, I'm selfish, and in no way in hell I will "boycot" blizzard while I'm having a great time with my friends in their games, that would not only make me a hypocrite it would go against my way of life and also, the programmers and the artists that put love and creativity in what we are playing shouold also suffer for this?
    It also is just a self serving measure to feel good and to point out to others that they did something, even though the gesture accomplishes nothing in the end. People can boycott all they want. I don't actually see it happening. OW, HotS, and HS queues were pretty short this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Exactly this, it's how things work nowdays. If you don't agree with the popular opinion your own personal opinion becomes completely irrelevant no matter how solid, logical, rational or reasonable it is. Freedom of speech they say, what a joke.

Everyone that agrees that guy should have got punished for breaking a rule is instantly a blizzard or china schill, regardless of the fact that you don't care about either
    but I guess that's how things works in todays society. Most comical thing is, they call you a sheep or a drone, which is exactly what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    To paraphrase someone else:

"Yes, we understand he broke the catch all 'if you do literally anything we decide we don't like, we reserve the right to ban you and take your money' clause in his contract, but that doesn't doesn't mean you're not still scum for punishing a guy for making an innocent show of support for his country's fight for freedom."
    It is innocent show of support for his country to you or me but that statement is against CPC view of things. It's a politically divisive view over there, which is why all of this even started. It's not about who's right or who's wrong, no sane person would say China is great but that's not what all of this is about, what guy did on stream offends one side and is strictly political and is politically divisive (over there it is anyway) which is exactly why he did get banned and why he should have gotten banned.

Easiest thing for these companies that want to stay netural is to simply ban talks of politics, rules which people sing up to and agree with when they sign with them, breaking those rules should get you banned. Not because your view is wrong or right or whatever, but because you broke a rule you agreed to.

There are platforms for politics and for sharing your views or trying to make changes, neutral broadcast that is trying to include everyone is for sure not it.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing how supporting Pride Day is actually a good thing, No.

Anyone complaining about Pride Day is a fucken tool and not worth wasting breath on.
    What a delightfully degenerate point of view.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Leave Blizzard alone! Sorry I mean leave Hong Kong alone! Stupid corporate China always gotta ruin other peoples fun.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It also is just a self serving measure to feel good and to point out to others that they did something, even though the gesture accomplishes nothing in the end. People can boycott all they want. I don't actually see it happening. OW, HotS, and HS queues were pretty short this weekend.
    The thing is, in this world day by day we are erasing the "neutral position", you are on one side 100% or de other 100% you can't agree with parts of both, because you will be "labeled". In this "internet and world total justice" we are living today it all comes down to labels and that's hilarious because that's what we are trying to scape from.
    Last edited by eduwneso; 2019-10-14 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellger View Post

Everyone that agrees that guy should have got punished for breaking a rule is instantly a blizzard or china schill, regardless of the fact that you don't care about either

It is innocent show of support for his country to you or me but that statement is against CPC view of things. It's a politically divisive view over there, which is why all of this even started. It's not about who's right or who's wrong, no sane person would say China is great but that's not what all of this is about, what guy did on stream offends one side and is strictly political and is politically divisive (over there it is anyway) which is exactly why he did get banned and why he should have gotten banned.

Easiest thing for these companies that want to stay netural is to simply ban talks of politics, rules which people sing up to and agree with when they sign with them, breaking those rules should get you banned. Not because your view is wrong or right or whatever, but because you broke a rule you agreed to.

There are platforms for politics and for sharing your views or trying to make changes, neutral broadcast that is trying to include everyone is for sure not it.
    Then what's the excuse for all the lgbtqp pride stuff?

One would think there are a large number of people (non-westerners, orthodox Christians/Muslims, conservatives) who would consider that topic rather politically devisive too, regardless of how well intentioned it may be.

Or are we going to say that's ok because that's a political stance Blizzard has actually chosen for itself? If so, does that mean Blizzard has chosen not to support freedom for Hong Kong?

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    The thing is, in this world day by day we are erasing the "neutral position", you are on one side 100% or de other 100% you can't agree with parts of both, because you will be "labeled". In this "internet and world total justice" we are living today it all comes down to labels and that's hilarious because that's what we are trying to scape from.
    Then label me how you want. I have no plans to boycott, but for some reason seem to care and support actual things that help and push my congresspeople to support legislation that would help.