Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Lightforged Undead will probably be given to Horde, using the Human model and animations.
    Yup. People think that Alliance will get a Horde rig but I'm not so sure.

If it's ????? / Light Undead (Human) on Horde it could be Dragonmen (Worgen) on Alliance, but that means there is no faction rig swap. Which may or may not make people shit themselves.

But if it's ????? (Worgen) / ???? (Forsaken) and Light Undead (Human) / Mok'nathal (Kul Tiran) at the end, EVERY RIG gets used.

Depends on if they do a 2 pack or a 4 pack at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Yup. People think that Alliance will get a Horde rig but I'm not so sure.

If it's ????? / Light Undead (Human) on Horde it could be Dragonmen (Worgen) on Alliance, but that means there is no faction rig swap. Which may or may not make people shit themselves.

But if it's ????? (Worgen) / ???? (Forsaken) and Light Undead (Human) / Mok'nathal (Kul Tiran) at the end, EVERY RIG gets used.

Depends on if they do a 2 pack or a 4 pack at the end.
    Personally, I think we're likely to see a 3-pack or perhaps 4-pack. Two new Allied Races to close out having one of each race/rig from BfA, plus some new non-allied race(s) from the next expansion to help with pre-order sales. Perhaps not, we already have a ton of races to level, but it would definitely help spark interest much like the 4 pack from BfA did.

For the BfA style Allied Races, we don't really have great candidates right now. Perhaps a more human-based Undead like Calia and Derek, though we've only seen a handful thus far. They'd likely go Horde, which then leaves Alliance with whatever the Worgen race would be. The two best choices here (Ankoan and Sethrak) are both flawed fits for the Alliance, with Ankoan being more likely if they are given a female model to work with. Perhaps Blizz instead pulls Night Elf Worgen out of nowhere to fill the gap.

Beyond that, it could get pretty fun if there is a new expansion race to look at. If we just get one non-allied race (rather than one per faction), there are a few good options. Ethereals could work if we're doing a Void-type expansion. A Dragon expansion might look at Drakonids. If we have some sort of Old God stuff post-Nyalotha, perhaps we get the Naga looking for where they fit into the world. If we get two non-allied races (one per faction), it seems likely that player requests will fill a massive gap here. Ogres seem like the best fit for the Horde. The Alliance sadly doesn't have a great fit...perhaps the Jinyu? Though that may instead be better fit by the Ankoan at this point.

Ankoan could work, but they'd be the third race that uses a Night Elf rig. But then again, if they just give enough custom anims to make them different enough, they could be fine, and could come with cool customization options, like bioluminescent patterns. Frankly, I'd have taken Ankoan over Mechagnomes- they seem more par with Vulpera, being another actually different race.

At this point, they're the only BfA introduced race friendly to the Alliance I can see happening, especially with Calia going Horde. I'd welcome Sethrak, but I can't see them happening.

It's a little depressing that there's so little viable option for Alliance in BfA, and I feel that if they do plan to make Ankoan playable, they should have them appear in 8.3 to further seal the friendship/alliance between them.

Most allied Races are insignificant population wise. I want rather see more customization for existing races and actually some story that is not just a reaction to some horde shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Because the Alliance needs something cool to boost its population, and lazy recolored races do nothing to help that.

They are on friendly terms with the Alliance. Also, they'd be joining during peacetime. Calia and Derrek are joining the Horde; I doubt they're going to turn around and declare war with on Jaina. Mingling and cross fraction friendships are happening. There shouldn't be bad blood chosing a side now that Sylvanas is gone, unlike what happened post Legion.
    It's a bit tired now that players should even feel annoyed at all about the imbalance of work between the factions. It wouldn't be so bad if guilds and instances could work cross faction, but instead most of the player base is soft locked from meaningful use of content because of this limitation. It has to change. It was a different experience when WoW was released but is completely unjustifiable now.

we should see a blizzcon scehdule coming tomorrow or after tomorrow.

blizcon 2018 scedhule came out 15th octoboer and blizzcon was 2nd november, this year its 1st of november so..

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    At least it's an archtype the Alliance hasn't had before. That automatically makes it better than "Flanderized Gnomes."
    Tuskarr please. If Northrend is back in the picture again, perhaps theres a long shot lol.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    we should see a blizzcon scehdule coming tomorrow or after tomorrow.

blizcon 2018 scedhule came out 15th octoboer and blizzcon was 2nd november, this year its 1st of november so..
    Doesn't Blizzcon officially start the 31st?

I'm shocked, I didn't realize it was this close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    Tuskarr please. If Northrend is back in the picture again, perhaps theres a long shot lol.
    If Kul Tirans, despite being a mostly, if not entirely new rig and model, are not popular due to being an archetype that doesn't scream 'heroic' or 'cool', why would Tuskarr be a better option when they have the same type of body shape?

5+ Year Old Account
    Lightforged Undead will probably be given to Horde, using the Human model and animations.
    Lightforged Undead may indeed be going to Horde but not with Human model/animations.

That’d be like putting Orcs on the Alliance.

Doubt Blizzard is gonna shit all over the “Faction identity” after making a big show of how “important" it is to the game.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2019-10-14 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If Kul Tirans, despite being a mostly, if not entirely new rig and model, are not popular due to being an archetype that doesn't scream 'heroic' or 'cool', why would Tuskarr be a better option when they have the same type of body shape?
    https://blizzcon.com/en-us/event-info check this out

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen a lot of interest in them since Wrath. And besides, Kul Tirans are rather boring and are essentially just humans. I think the aesthetic and likability of a race is a little more complex than just having a new model.

You're right though that Tuskarr dont scream immediately cool, but it's at least something more than 5 people asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    Ah yeah, the main event starts on the 1st. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    I've seen a lot of interest in them since Wrath. And besides, Kul Tirans are rather boring and are essentially just humans. I think the aesthetic and likability of a race is a little more complex than just having a new model.

You're right though that Tuskarr dont scream immediately cool, but it's at least something more than 5 people asked for.
    Well, that's what I meant. Tuskarr would be a new model, but they'd be a similar archetype to Kul Tirans, which are not very popular.

I don't think fat characters are very well-desired. Compare the popularity of the Zandalari to the Kul Tirans. Tuskarr would probably just fall in the low %s like Pandaren and Kul Tirans do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    While i dont care abut races, i must say im laughing out loud how BfA danked on the will of people playing alliance while it was in a historic low before BfA already.

Quite funny to me
    I mean it is kinda funny.

While i dont care abut races, i must say im laughing out loud how BfA danked on the will of people playing alliance while it was in a historic low before BfA already.

Quite funny to me
    I think hte most damning part is the Mythic raiding Hall of fame, which seemed to be intended as a way to lure mythic raiders back to the Alliance for a shot at the title.

Allied races and other cosmetic things being bad is one thing, seeing as it is at least aprtially subjective. What is tough to see as an Alliance is the widening discrepancy between the Horde and Alliance Hall of Fame. As much as it might have been true that Crucible of storms did not last enough, or that raiders were burnt out, it is still a tough pill to accept that Alliance did not even finish their side in time. And now with the list for Eternal palace, which completed over a month ago for Horde, and was only at 91 guilds when i checked just recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    How long did we know about Vulpera/Mechagnomes being a thing? Half a year or even more than that? It's been the worst kept secret this expansion, don't even know why Blizzard delayed their announcement for so long.
    This answer is easy, remember zandalari and kul'tirans? that's why they didn't announce them before, did they learn? maybe, but I think they won't announce anything like that anymore until they are 100000% sure or it's coming soonTM

5+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari use Night Elf rigging and animations.

Void Elves in Armor are a 1 for 1 carbon copy of Blood Elves.

I mean, really?
    Figured someone would say 'But Elves!'

That's totally different from the status quo of Humans V Orcs, which a lot tout as the 'foundation to the game'.

This is why we have posters like this

Doesn't matter that people enjoy Elves more in reality.

The 'Faces of the factions' have always been Orcs for Horde and Humans for Alliance.

I'm not saying they can't do it, just that would go against the status quo that Blizzard themselves have been touting and many players have been touting too.

Putting 'Lightforged Undead but with Human model/animations' is basically putting Humans on Horde. If Orcs would never be on Alliance (no matter what kind of Orc) then it's the same for Humans.

Gets funnier because i remember they adressing faction imbalance in a Q&A before BfA and now they made it worse.
    More enlistment bonus for me!
    The saddest part is that there is no actual way to change this beyond actually doing something like giving an enlistment bonus to Alliance if they are behond or something.

Maybe Blizzcon this year will have some new revolutionary ideas on how to fix class imbalance.

Void Elves in Armor are a 1 for 1 carbon copy of Blood Elves.

I mean, really?
    Also, I think that user needs to talk to Calia and Nathanos.

Blizzard was pretty explicit on them actually using Troll rigging. Heavily modified Troll rigging.

But yeah, Void Elves. I mean, they literally are just Void corrupted Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Blizzard was pretty explicit on them actually using Troll rigging. Heavily modified Troll rigging.

But yeah, Void Elves. I mean, they literally are just Void corrupted Blood Elves.
    Scare is right, though. The original Zandalari rig npc (from 5.2) model was based on the Night Elf skeleton. It had some unique anims for combat, walking and running, if I recall. They seem to have ported those to the male Zandalari and then added a few more unique anims (like sit, dance, etc.)

So on an animation basis, the underlying core is Night Elf male, with some unique animations where necessary. For female Zandalari, it's female Troll anims, with some unique animations.