Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes they would. The did Mechagon and it was popular, and the titan technology theme is also quite popular.

Further, the Tinker concept is very popular, and it is tech-themed.
    You're gonna have to source ALL of that.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    You're gonna have to source ALL of that.
    So far when I look around in game a lot of people enjoy Mechagon and they prefer it over the terrible fishjatar area. More people also got used to technology that way and are opened up to Tinkers.

That Tinker is a famous and popular class concept isnt hard to imagine considering how long people wanted it in game already. Plus all the threads made for it speak for it aswell. Alone this Thread already will spike to 100k+ views and 1k+ Comments before BlizzCon, although 300 of them are probably from Teriz. Which showcases enough interest in one way or another for the Class.

Dunno why you would need a source for that, just browse through the Internet yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    Why is everyone repeating this? Yes, Priest and Paladin both use the Light. THAT IS IT.

Necros and DK both use EVERYTHING, from skills to abilities overall, which is the problem. And we dont need right now another death themed class when they can do something new like Dragonsworn where you potential can turn into a Dragon or Tinker inside a unique Mech Suit or whatever they have up their mind.
    you really dont check raids and dungeon from icc then shaman got element that is necromancer but they dont use it on shaman like plauge doctor
    ofc Professor Putricide is 1 boss you can use as a spec on necromancer and blood based healing spec or alchemist style necromancer healing some of this is just conecpts
    but is it really that hard to check every necromancer that is not a dk in the lore?

or should we say why dont a mage do the same as priest and make a meele mage just like how priest made paladin
    dk focus on meele but caster focus their attack different then the spell caster
    may aswell well give the vampire thing as a necromancer but not sure lore supports it

dark ranger is the thing you can see is diffrent from hunter but cant see it having 3 spec mostly 1

but still want tinker as next class but i dont think this 1 class every 2nd expansion thing should be a thing with all the allied race we are getting

edit: they should not even let all spec into arena marksman was clearly a slow phased sniper concept spec that should not been changed to fit arena that meens we can get new specs/classes fine but arena need to change to not force every class spec to work on arena so that new classes can be added

it should be fine to have pve based spec
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-10-14 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Remember, Tinkerer is the epitome of bad class choice for the next expansion. Shadowlands is appearing most likely right now.

Wrath - Theme was Undead. Death Knights are new class.
    Mists - Theme was Panda. Monks were of that theme ("elevation").
    Legion - Demons were king. Demon Hunters were matching that theme.

Assuming the next expansion is shadowlands (or related to dark/shadow), how would someone possibly connect Tinkerer to that theme? Unless we have some mechanically-themed expansion, I highly doubt we should get Tinkerer. And that's completely putting aside the facts that all ideas of Tinkerer have been astronomically flawed and have no basis for them. If we're throwing random ideas out there, I'd much prefer Bard as I think it would be hella fun to play, but again, that doesn't match any kind of theme we're approaching.

There is the chance Blizzard goes off-theme, but that would definitely be unexpected.
    This has always been my primary reason for doubting Tinker as a class. Sure, the next expansion might not be Shadowlands for certain, but the only way I have heard people connect Tinkers reasonably to the core theme of an expansion is by making up a new expansion concept that is designed specifically to introduce the Tinker. While it is easy to make up a connection between tinkers and an expansion theme they usually carry very little impact. For WotLK Death Knight was THE choice, for MoP the monk (or rather Brewmaster at least) was the obvious candidate, and Demon Hunter and Legion almost HAD to go together. To any suggested connection between Tinker and any potential expansion theme my reaction has been an "Uuh..okay I guess?" at best.

Because of this, the "mecha" expansion is the only solution but I see little reason for Blizzard to ignore a wealth of potential expansions for Mechagon 2.0 at the moment. Furthermore, there is no lore reason for there is not tinker class at the moment. DKs, Monks and DHs were all linked to factions. When these factions joined the Horde and Alliance we got access to the class. If a Tinker is to be added, I think it will actually not be called "Tinker" in itself, or at least not be following our standard definition of it. Access to a foreign technology, potentially Titan or Ethereal, could open a lore reason for why we suddenly see "Tinkers" even if we didn't have them before, essentially fulfilling the Mech-class fantasy that Tinkers filled in WCIII. Tinker also lacks the impact of DK and DH in terms of "Hero" status. I definitely think it has a 1-up on the monk but lacking the thematic shoe-in at the moment meaning that the "Mech-class" concept would have to be reiterated for it to be impactful within the current warcraft storyline unless Blizzard decides to design an entire expansion around appeasing the Tinker fans, which I myself doubt but I cannot say it's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    So far when I look around in game a lot of people enjoy Mechagon and they prefer it over the terrible fishjatar area. More people also got used to technology that way and are opened up to Tinkers.

That Tinker is a famous and popular class concept isnt hard to imagine considering how long people wanted it in game already. Plus all the threads made for it speak for it aswell. Alone this Thread already will spike to 100k+ views and 1k+ Comments before BlizzCon, although 300 of them are probably from Teriz. Which showcases enough interest in one way or another for the Class.

Dunno why you would need a source for that, just browse through the Internet yourself.
    None of that (other than the thread post numbers) are quantifiable. You can't claim popularity without some data to back it up, and your own little bubble / echo chamber in or outside of the game doesn't actually count.

10+ Year Old Account
    tinkers are great.
    if done properly. which is again subjective.

we have physical classes
    we have magical classes
    we even have inner-chi-monk class.
    its nice ot have a techy class.

im just hoping that my Dark Iron tinker can have some sort of flamethrower weapon or abilities :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviaton View Post
    This has always been my primary reason for doubting Tinker as a class. Sure, the next expansion might not be Shadowlands for certain, but the only way I have heard people connect Tinkers reasonably to the core theme of an expansion is by making up a new expansion concept that is designed specifically to introduce the Tinker. While it is easy to make up a connection between tinkers and an expansion theme they usually carry very little impact. For WotLK Death Knight was THE choice, for MoP the monk (or rather Brewmaster at least) was the obvious candidate, and Demon Hunter and Legion almost HAD to go together. To any suggested connection between Tinker and any potential expansion theme my reaction has been an "Uuh..okay I guess?" at best.

Because of this, the "mecha" expansion is the only solution but I see little reason for Blizzard to ignore a wealth of potential expansions for Mechagon 2.0 at the moment. Furthermore, there is no lore reason for there is not tinker class at the moment. DKs, Monks and DHs were all linked to factions. When these factions joined the Horde and Alliance we got access to the class. If a Tinker is to be added, I think it will actually not be called "Tinker" in itself, or at least not be following our standard definition of it. Access to a foreign technology, potentially Titan or Ethereal, could open a lore reason for why we suddenly see "Tinkers" even if we didn't have them before, essentially fulfilling the Mech-class fantasy that Tinkers filled in WCIII. Tinker also lacks the impact of DK and DH in terms of "Hero" status. I definitely think it has a 1-up on the monk but lacking the thematic shoe-in at the moment meaning that the "Mech-class" concept would have to be reiterated for it to be impactful within the current warcraft storyline unless Blizzard decides to design an entire expansion around appeasing the Tinker fans, which I myself doubt but I cannot say it's impossible.
    i think cycle need to break we got so many allied race now and with this new class every 2nd expansion is a horrible concept to keep in the game as to what i said many times befor more then 1 classes release in the same expansion is fine they dont need 3 spec demon hunter only got 2 spec so it be fine to have classes with 1 spec
    ofc tinker i can see 4 specs possible and necromancer got 3

but to the point i think the expansion based classes think starts to feel really lame and forced
    if we get a a undead based class every undead base expansion it gona be abit lame
    the cycle needs to break

the problem is arena needs to change to not let all class spec not be based around arena
    so that we open it for more simplair pvp balance in arena...

so that pve content get more freedom for more classes and spec

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    i think cycle need to break we got so many allied race now and with this new class every 2nd expansion is a horrible concept to keep in the game as to what i said many times befor more then 1 classes release in the same expansion is fine they dont need 3 spec demon hunter only got 2 spec so it be fine to have classes with 1 spec
    ofc tinker i can see 4 specs possible and necromancer got 3

but to the point i think the expansion based classes think starts to feel really lame and forced
    if we get a a undead based class every undead base expansion it gona be abit lame
    the cycle needs to break

the problem is arena needs to change to not let all class spec not be based around arena
    so that we open it for more simplair pvp balance in arena...

so that pve content get more freedom for more classes and spec
    Arena is dead and gladfully so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    With the advent of Mechagnomes and Vulpera that would mean 2 Alliance and 2 Horde races that would additionally make sense to have as tinkers in addition to Goblins and Gnomes.

Warden would still be a better option though.

SOOOOOOO much better.
    So Demon Hunter and Rogue with a big circle blade. Got it. How boring.

You need to find out how to be more creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Interesting, so I've just read up on some Tinker lore.

Nothing there suggested to me that Tinkers would use a combat suit so I looked more into it and:

So to me that just says the suit is a one off thing mekkatorque built for himself to give himself an edge and it the next best thing to this suit for players already exists ingame which is the Sky Golem.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree if I wanted technology and futuristic themes I'd stick with Final fantasy 14 as that has the alagan technology crap, and personally I hate all the titan shit and get away from it as soon as I can ingame and I'm sure im not the only one who feels this way.
    Warcraft has been making use of steampunk technology from atleast Warcraft 2 at least. Its core to the franchise as nearly any other element you could name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    With the advent of Mechagnomes and Vulpera that would mean 2 Alliance and 2 Horde races that would additionally make sense to have as tinkers in addition to Goblins and Gnomes.

Warden would still be a better option though.

SOOOOOOO much better.
    The problem with all the Hero Classes so far and the Wardens is their entire lore is based around a single narrow field. Be that destroying the Legion, the scourge or being Night Elf law enforcement. It's hard to stretch that to cover all the stories in wow.

Tinkers however are no different then any warrior or mage. Tech is just their weapon beyond that their very malleable

Steampunk I'm fine with but these mechanized suits don't appear to work as a steampunk design more of a futuristic machinery design.
    I think shredders are steampunk looking. The newer ones however, I can see that aesthetically they diverge alot. But any tinkers I'd like to see would in very steampunk

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how thats got to do with Tinkers it's clear the airships are more steampowered where as the suits arnt.
    You don't see what highly advanced airships like the Skybreaker have to do highly advanced mech suits?

I was also pointing out that the Final Fantasy series uses highly advanced airships frequently, and the concept of the mech suits that Tinkers use also comes from Final Fantasy;

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Yeah, I definitely agree with "If done properly, which is subjective". That is why I don't see them coming out as reality.
    That’s true of literally everything in the game.

how about the redneck class
    abilities include:

Shotgun shot
    Brushhog blitz
    Kegstand

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats final fantasy 6, I said 14.
    I know. My point is that if WoW turning into Final Fantasy turns you off, then you probably would have quit after that Legion opening cinematic where Varian and Sylvanas ride into the Broken Isles on board highly advanced airships that would't be out of place in a Final Fantasy game.

Thats final fantasy 6, I said 14.
    Same shit is in 14.

Can someone tldr me why people are against tinkers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Can someone tldr me why people are against tinkers?
    People prefer darker edgier classes to more eccentric, light-hearted classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope because WoW is not FFXIV, I've played both and I prefer the setting and technology style of it over FF's, As I said though introduce mechs as a playable class you mayaswell evolve the game into starcraft.
    Which won't happen if you limit the class to Gnomes and Goblins and their ARs.