Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    I explained my thought process. If tinker is a class that encompasses invention, technology, etc. Mag'har Orcs, being the allied race of Orcish clans specifically came from Draenor, would be an easy fit. Just look at the Blackrock Clan in WoD. Expanded upon what were originally goblin designs to create all manner of war machine, battleship, etc etc.
    Depends what vision of tinker will blizzard have. For now it feels like comparing blacksmithing (maghar) and engineering (gnomes) becasue they all generally work with ores and metals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Priest is a class not derived from a wc3 hero afaik.

Before you say priestess of the moon, the only connection is the name. Her skills is of a hunter/druid combo.
    I am sure you will understand my sentence after reading it again.
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    Were there Necromancers in WC3? I know there were death knights and warlocks.
    As a unit yes.

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    I am sure you will understand my sentence after reading it again.
    I mean, if we want to go by the past class logic, so far we only got WC3 heroes as Classes
    not sure what I misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    With the advent of Mechagnomes and Vulpera that would mean 2 Alliance and 2 Horde races that would additionally make sense to have as tinkers in addition to Goblins and Gnomes.

Warden would still be a better option though.

SOOOOOOO much better.
    Oh look, another thread like this. Look, tinkerers have been coming for a while now. If you've paid any attention to MMO-C threads in the past year or so... you would know how of the community are dying to have them. While I do not think it will fit the next expac very well if everything is void/death oriented very well... unless they go with something like whatever races can be tinkerers be mostly machine, they can kinda use the whole scapegoat of "lul old gods can't corrupt this class because the curse of flesh has been weakened by their augmentations" or something along the line of that... maybe having one spec work with deployables primarily, like totems, but have them play a very large part in how the class functions could kind of make sense since N'zoth couldn't have influence over them. There are ways they could fit them into the lore, I know my examples of them were about on par with why tauren can be paladins and all, but its blizz and they will have something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest is a class not derived from a wc3 hero afaik.

Before you say priestess of the moon, the only connection is the name. Her skills is of a hunter/druid combo.
    It came from a unit, not a hero;

http://classic.battle.net/war3/human/units/priest.shtml

not sure what I misunderstood.

I thought it was obvious that I ment classes that were added after Vanilla.
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post

I thought it was obvious that I ment classes that were added after Vanilla.
    how is it obvious when you didn't mention vanilla or refereed to classes added to the game and not initial classes?
    If it was mentioned earlier I missed it, that would be on me. If it's only that quote *shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    yeah...that's obvious, wasn't sure if I couldn't remember a hero that was more akin to a priest. But couldn't find one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No. No one is asking for a class based off Nathanos because Nathanos is vastly inferior to Sylvanas in terms of power and concept.
    No one is asking for a Nathanos based class because he isnt a sexy undead elf chick.

No one is asking for a Nathanos based class because he isnt a sexy undead elf chick.
    someone is projecting their views

how is it obvious when you didn't mention vanilla or refereed to classes added to the game and not initial classes?
    If it was mentioned earlier I missed it, that would be on me. If it's only that quote *shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

yeah...that's obvious, wasn't sure if I couldn't remember a hero that was more akin to a priest. But couldn't find one.
    I mean, when we look at the releases of the Classes the last expansions, all of them were WC3 Heroes.

Then we have stuff like Rogues and Locks that were clearly not (playable) WC3 Heroes.

Ofc that doesnt has to say anything, but I still find it fishy that its that way and also that the route is dark hero dps tank class, normal lvl 1 hybrid class, dark hero dps tank class, and now 9.0 with...?

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah...thanks?
    Yeah, here's the Necromancer;

http://classic.battle.net/war3/undea...romancer.shtml

90% of its abilities went to DKs.

Why the hell are people suggesting tinkerer for Vulpera. Those savages dont even have metal structures. Obvious choice are:

Draenei/Lightforged /Dwarf/Dark Iron Dwarf/Mechagnome/Gnome
    Blood Elf/Undead/ Goblin/ Nightborne

and that's stretching it

Methinks someone is projecting. Is there anything you'd like to tell us about yourself, Teriz?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    That makes me sad too, while my distaste towards mechagnomes has dulled somewhat (weather that be from actually liking them more, or just enough time has passed for me to accept them as an eventuality, even I don't know.), I'm still Really sad we most likely will never get the Sethrak now. My one far flung hope is this just came to be because they intend to add dragonkin as a race at some point and wanted to save the reptilian spot for them.
    Why would you even think Sethrak would ever be an AR, for any faction? They are bad, as far as I could tell there are only a few that weren't bad (bad to both Horde and Alliance).

15+ Year Old Account
    At this point I really hope it happens just so this back and forth between the same two people that's been plaguing this forum for years now can finally end.

On the other hand, it would be extra amusing if it was a different class.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Why would you even think Sethrak would ever be an AR, for any faction? They are bad, as far as I could tell there are only a few that weren't bad (bad to both Horde and Alliance).
    Because they made them A LOT of custom and unique animations, even more than vulperas and mechagnomes combined. This fact alone cements Sethrak being allied race in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    At this point I really hope it happens just so this back and forth between the same two people that's been plaguing this forum for years now can finally end.

On the other hand, it would be extra amusing if it was a different class.
    Think about it this way. Teriz would finally shut up.

You would have to deal with that dirty smug on his face for a while I can imagine, though. The "I-told-you-so look"

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Pancunchi View Post
    Why the hell are people suggesting tinkerer for Vulpera. Those savages dont even have metal structures. Obvious choice are:

Draenei/Lightforged /Dwarf/Dark Iron Dwarf/Mechagnome/Gnome
    Blood Elf/Undead/ Goblin/ Nightborne

and that's stretching it
    Savages? They're highly intelligent escaped slaves, mate. Slaves don't usually get to make machines until they are free, but if you give such a clever group access to knowledge and resources, it's only natural that they'd figure it out.

If anything, draenei and Blood Elves are the least likely of that group because their constructs are all magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    The only solution would be to make it available to more races, which would dilute the theme and remove the ability to have race-specific mechs entirely. Or redefine what it means to be a Tinker so that it would be a hero-class and it wouldn't just be a Gnome and Goblin thing. Both of which seem very unappealing to Tinker fans I imagine.
    I don't think I've heard that argument from anyone who actually wants tinkers. I see the following:

Alliance
    Gnomes
    Mechagnomes
    Dwarves
    Dark Iron Dwarves

Horde
    Goblins
    Forsaken
    Mag'har Orc
    Vulpera

From what I've seen, all of those races are pretty popular choices. Technology isn't gnome/goblin exclusive at all. The primary tinker heroes might be, but Blackrock Foundry is full of Mag'har using guns, bombs, and turrets. Dwarven technology is everywhere. The Horde island expedition team has a Forsaken using turrets in much the same way as Admiral Gar'an, and the "clever and resourceful" vulpera have finally escaped slavery by the sethrak. There will definitely be race options.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Depends what vision of tinker will blizzard have. For now it feels like comparing blacksmithing (maghar) and engineering (gnomes) becasue they all generally work with ores and metals.
    Blacksmithing and Engineering aren't mutually exclusive just because they are two different in-game professions; one is a means to an ends for the other, so they go pretty hand-in-hand. Building a railway and steam engine to run on it (Grimgrail Depot) takes more than smelting a few iron plates together, so does creating a working gun, bomb, siege engine, cannon, battleship, etc. There is working machinery that needs to be understood and made. All of which the Iron Horde has done, let alone industrializing half their continent. Not to mention the mechs they created towards the end of the expansion i.e. the AU Fel Reaver, or their other fel-infused inventions. Even if you separate blacksmithing and engineering, they have still demonstrated a very clear capacity to work with technology and create it on their own.

The tricky thing about tinkering is that each race has their own culture, and as such use different forms of technology at varying levels of advancement that are as unique to them as their architecture. Creating a class that encompasses the use of technology and have it make sense for every race would be difficult without changing the aesthetic of the abilities based on race. It would be odd for Draenei tinkers to have the same whimsical chicken blaster that gnomes would be using, and it would feel out-of-character if gnomes were using lightforged crystal-based tech like Draenei.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2019-10-14 at 05:30 PM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |