Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's the remaining point of Azerite?

Did I somehow miss it in all the 8.3 talk or has Azerite no further meaning anymore? I mean we made such a fuss about that stuff and the Heart of Azeroth and the only point of it was to release N'zoth from his prison?

Or is there more to it in 8.3 and I just missed it?

Sounds incredibly silly that we (and even Azshara) released N'zoth with the help of Azerite whereas he could just have stayed right there in his prison if we wouldn't have bothered with Azerite at all.

P.S.: I am aware that something more related to Azerite might come with 8.3.5.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-10-08 at 07:37 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Im guessing we are gonna use the Azerite we collected throughout the expansion to restore Azeroth once we are done with N'zoth.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Did I somehow miss it in all the 8.3 talk or has Azerite no further meaning anymore?
    The neck will get new slots/levels (the screenie in the update had it at lvl89) so Azerite is still needed.
    Lorewise - who cares really, it's just a flimsy story scaffolding around a gameplay system, as always.

5+ Year Old Account
    Azerite has felt like a forgotten secondary plot during all of BfA so far. The fact that no one seems to care about that lil' sword in Silithus - the same sword that started all this mess - is quite jarring, to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

This is why i hate heart of azeroth. and I hated artifacts too.. Get rid of all of those systems

There is a new minor slot and a couple new essences coming but the grind itself is lowkey. Level 80 gives the third minor but AP requirements are quite low and it wouldn't surprise me if it only took most mythic raiders to get there in 2 weeks, and everyone else probably 4. After that it's just some extra stam and what appears to be some concord thing. I think Blizz wants more people to focus on the cloak and the currencies in those visions while ap just sits in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    This is why i hate heart of azeroth. and I hated artifacts too.. Get rid of all of those systems
    Artifacts were fun until they were completed and you were just pumping points into minor increases (not that the end point was minor, just that each increase was)

and honestly, Azerite is lot better now that you're not yo-yoing the unlocks on gear. I quit around Uldir because of that a few other things, I'm pleasantly surprised with Essences and the neck progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Artifacts were fun until they were completed and you were just pumping points into minor increases (not that the end point was minor, just that each increase was)
    Oh yeah.. I bet the 2% stamina nodes on the neck are so exciting...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Oh yeah.. I bet the 2% stamina nodes on the neck are so exciting...
    They're not, and I never said they were, essences are pretty decent though.

They just suck at giving us continuous progression with meaning.

I don't even think about the neck anymore, I don't play enough at max level to even really care about the Essences. I only play max level stuff to experience all the story and content at least once, I don't grind at all.

But Azerite is still the lifeblood of the planet, it's still being used to push the plot forward...if only as a bare scaffold to hold up the relatively flimsy narrative around it.

We'll have to wait and see. Hopefully it ends up having SOMETHING to do with the giant sword that started this whole mess.

"Here's your blood back, no hard feelings 'luv"

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They're not, and I never said they were, essences are pretty decent though.

They just suck at giving us continuous progression with meaning.
    Essences would be decent if every spec had like 2-3. Essences as they are now are a neat idea yet implemented in the easiest (cheapest) possible way.

Did I somehow miss it in all the 8.3 talk or has Azerite no further meaning anymore? I mean we made such a fuss about that stuff and the Heart of Azeroth and the only point of it was to release N'zoth from his prison?

Sounds incredibly silly that we (and even Azshara) released N'zoth with the help of Azerite whereas he could just have stayed right there in his prison if we wouldn't have bothered with Azerite at all.

So blizzard can force you to do the content blizzard wants you to do each time you login.

There is no other reason for it, and its had the other effect most people stopped caring and left lol.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

In addition to it being an Expansion-Pack long grind, which 'incentivizes' you to keep logging in so you can see some very small increments on your character's power, I see Azerite as a secondary scapegoat side-story that, just like the Artifact Weapons, will likely be used as a plot to revert all sort of world-changing damages from actually changing the world in a significant way to save resources.

Not talking about Azerite as a game mechanic here (it never worked as that), solely from a lore point of view.

From a lore point of view, I believe the point Diamond Boi has been trying to get across is that the necklace we have is actually Azeroth's heart (or at least a vessel for it?) and we are essentially jamming her spilt blood back into it, like a really rough transfusion, to stop it from dying.

In lore, only one person has it - the Adventurer™ (you).

The side effect of having such a concentrated vessel of titan blood power is that as an artifact itself it is very powerful. In the case of N'Zoth's prison, he was sealed away by titan's power, so the Heart helped crack open the locks I suppose!

I guess the point of it in the long term is to hand it back in (a bit like our atifacts from Legion at the end) and "slot" it back into Azeroth herself to boot her up in safe mode. Would be nice if they could do something suitably epic with it, but I suspect it might end up being a prepatch for next expansion like at the end of Legion.

we still need to use azerite to heal azeroths wound in silithus i guess
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-10-15 at 11:54 AM.

So you stay subscribed for longer

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    I second that. Absolute garbage systems. Additional grind which is absolutely pointless. As it is now, you can just test the expansion at the start. If you don't like the class design, you can immediately stop playing because you know that Blizzard won't address the problems while the expansion lasts.

And you can also avoid all the grinding, because with 8.3 there will be massive catch up mechanics and you can experience the whole expansion in one go, with less time gating and less time wasted.

Only theoretical these systems keep players active. In practice, they do not i think.

And story wise, i hope the Azerite just goes back to the Titan soul healing the damage done, become inactive and does play no role in the future story.

10+ Year Old Account
    My precious!