Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GFK283 View Post
    You can send over whatever you want from go, but not the other way around. Also you have to wait until you get to where the Safari Zone used to be to do it.
    Ohh nice, thanks for the info. I hadn't expected to be able to transfer from LGP/E to Go in all honesty.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    The download cards for Pokémon Sword & Shield have started to arrive in retail stores and have revealed some further information about the games. First, the games will require 10.3GB of space to download.
    With this, the download card also showcase that Gothita & Turtonator will be in the game.

For a game its pretty small GB wise compared to 3ds version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Knowing how inefficient GF are with their design, there are probably gigabytes of useless repeat data in there.

So the games are gonna be pretty short too.
    For Comparison, Pokemon Lets Go Eevee/Pikachu was 4.1GB which was the largest file size Pokemon game to date. Comparing to a non-pokemon game, Super Mario Odyssey was 5.7GB, Legend of Zelda BOTW was 13 GBs.

The game is going to be decently big

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    For Comparison, Pokemon Lets Go Eevee/Pikachu was 4.1GB which was the largest file size Pokemon game to date. Comparing to a non-pokemon game, Super Mario Odyssey was 5.7GB, Legend of Zelda BOTW was 13 GBs.

Well no. Not realy. They will waste space on bigger models.

Nope. If there was more content than the base formula we've gotten for the past seven years, they would've advertised it. If they won't bother to give us the bare minimum like the Battle Frontier or Pokemon Contests, they certainly won't bother investing more effort to make an extensive endgame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do people think file size means anything? If it did then cod 4 remake would be the longest game if all time at 175 gigs

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Nope. If there was more content than the base formula we've gotten for the past seven years, they would've advertised it. If they won't bother to give us the bare minimum like the Battle Frontier or Pokemon Contests, they certainly won't bother investing more effort to make an extensive endgame.
    You dont advertise something you want to be a surprise. Its whatever though, im not trying to change peoples minds about the game. Its a truth the game will be bigger, even if you dont like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Why do people think file size means anything? If it did then cod 4 remake would be the longest game if all time at 175 gigs
    A lot of that space is free space for post game content, so we are looking at 1-2years of DLC

15+ Year Old Account
    You dont advertise something you want to be a surprise. Its whatever though, im not trying to change peoples minds about the game. Its a truth the game will be bigger, even if you dont like it.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of that space is free space for post game content, so we are looking at 1-2years of DLC
    And yet, a 4 hour campaign still

And yet, a 4 hour campaign still
    Oh you have already played through the campaign?

I highly doubt the campaign is 4hours long, Maybe 6-9hours at a normal pace where you arent trying to speed run everything. So we have Campaign + all the multiplayer shit + all future DLC. Maybe it wont reach 175GBs but it does give them enough space to put it all in

Edit - remembered they dont have Zombies
    Last edited by Swisted; 2019-10-14 at 06:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh you have already played through the campaign?

I highly doubt the campaign is 4hours long, Maybe 6-9hours at a normal pace where you arent trying to speed run everything. So we have Campaign + all the multiplayer shit + all future DLC. Maybe it wont reach 175GBs but it does give them enough space to put it all in

Edit - remembered they dont have Zombies
    All of them are around 4 hours. But anyway rdr2 is only 100 gigs so it must be a smaller game than cod 4

All of them are around 4 hours. But anyway rdr2 is only 100 gigs so it must be a smaller game than cod 4
    WoW is only 80 gigs so it must be smaller than rdr2

10+ Year Old Account
    This game for comparison:
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...dition-switch/

13.9 GB (ps version has 30 GB)

I still dont know how pokemon can take so much space tho.
    500 mb is i say for music (maybe more-- depends on how many tracks)
    Models cant go over 3gb ever (since they re-use those), probaly 1GB taken max.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ead_of_release

Its probaly bad programing that it takes so much space.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    This game for comparison:
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...dition-switch/

13.9 GB (ps version has 30 GB)

I still dont know how pokemon can take so much space tho.
    500 mb is i say for music (maybe more-- depends on how many tracks)
    Models cant go over 3gb ever (since they re-use those), probaly 1GB taken max.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ead_of_release

Its probaly bad programing that it takes so much space.

Remember, in SM they had a duplicate character models even though it was the exact same character design.

I guess Iwata took his knowledge of compressing the files with him to his grave

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Well, I kinda caved in today, and treated myself to a Switch + Let's Go Pikachu. So you can apparently link up Pokemon Go and LGP/E, would I able to get the fossil pokemon I didn't pick in Mt. Moon sent over from Go? Or have I misunderstood how it works?
    You can also pick up all fossils as rare spawns in Cerulean cave. And Hitmons are rare spawns in Victory Road.

- - - Updated - - -

Multiple gigs of that is probably unneeded multiples of every model in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

WHY would DLC factor in into launch download size?

playing Soul Silver right now, going after Lugia

<3

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    WHY would DLC factor in into launch download size?
    Thats what they said when they announced how much space was required. Dont ask me why they did it like that

10+ Year Old Account
    "It has been confirmed that some news about Pokémon Sword & Shield will come tomorrow, October 16th at 22:00 JST / 14:00 BST / 09:00 EDT / 06:00 PDT. There is also a Game Freak stream at 23:00 JST which will contain some discussion about Sword & Shield. At present we don't know the format of the news but will post it as soon as it comes so be sure to keep checking back" - Serebii front page.

It had better not be a huge info dump. We've been surviving this long on a nice steady drip compared to Sun and Moon. I've actually had high hopes about experiencing the games when they release. Haven't felt this way since BW, or maybe XY (the pokedex leak from early copies wasn't too wild, in hindsight).
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    "It has been confirmed that some news about Pokémon Sword & Shield will come tomorrow, October 16th at 22:00 JST / 14:00 BST / 09:00 EDT / 06:00 PDT. There is also a Game Freak stream at 23:00 JST which will contain some discussion about Sword & Shield. At present we don't know the format of the news but will post it as soon as it comes so be sure to keep checking back" - Serebii front page.

It had better not be a huge info dump. We've been surviving this long on a nice steady drip compared to Sun and Moon. I've actually had high hopes about experiencing the games when they release. Haven't felt this way since BW, or maybe XY (the pokedex leak from early copies wasn't too wild, in hindsight).
    inb4 15 second trailer about Impidimp

10+ Year Old Account

Well there can only be 2 reasons:
    A) They learned to hide the stuff and not spoil people
    B) Content is non-existant

Pick your poision.

My guess is maybe a couple of new areas + starter 2nd evolution forms.