Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Except people who aren't going to vote for her because of this already weren't going to vote for her.
    Disagree...I think there are plenty of midwest/rust belt centrists who while not evangelical, can be negatively swayed by this sort of spin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Marco Rubio is a moron. He doesn't say anything about the crude bullshit that Trump says, but wants to cry when the opposition party says a fucking joke.
    I don't disagree...but I think the spin on this can lose her some independent votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Disagree...I think there are plenty of midwest/rust belt centrists who while not evangelical, can be negatively swayed by this sort of spin.
    If they were the type who were put off by that sort of thing they wouldn't be voting for Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...n-to-same-sex#

This is what I mean...she needs to be careful not to come across as Hilary 2.0.
    People who think their religious beliefs should dictate how other people live should be mocked.

You'd think Conservatives would agree given all the fearmongering they do over Sharia Law.

10+ Year Old Account

Rubio said her response "vividly captures the condescension of elites & their incessant ridicule of Americans with traditional values".

The "traditional values", in this case, are the bigoted suppression of basic human rights and decency out of hatred and religious oppression.

Fuck every single person who supports that abusive bullshit. Warren was far too kind. This is right up there with "slavery" and "segregation" for "traditional values that have no value and are rooted only in a desire to increase human suffering". They deserve condemnation and censure. Ridicule is, if anything, less than what they deserve.

Anyone taking issue with Warren over this is a far-right extremist who was never going to vote for Warren in the first place, so she loses nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Seems Warren rising in the polls has lead to Jacob Wohl creating a fake sex scandal for her. Tomorrow Oct. 3 at 2:30 ET.
    I love it when they try to convince us these boring old women are wild sex fiends.

"Bisexual libertine sex slaver Hillary" is the only time in my life I've ever found Hillary Clinton appealing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

They were doing that a year or two again already, because all Republicans have is hating on Hillary and nothing else.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Bernie campaign has managed to outdo Trump in hiring only the best. 10 hours is a new record!!

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    The Bernie campaign has managed to outdo Trump in hiring only the best. 10 hours is a new record!!
    https://twitter.com/alexi/status/1183540688769769472

This thing? The guy doesn't even seem like he was hired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/alexi/status/1183540688769769472

This thing? The guy doesn't even seem like he was hired.
    Or if he was, it was probationary pending their review of that person's record, which they clearly state hadn't yet been completed. So really, what's the issue, here? Guy was found to have a terrible record of posting pretty execrable things, and whether he resigned or was fired, he was off the team basically before he did any real work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Or if he was, it was probationary pending their review of that person's record, which they clearly state hadn't yet been completed. So really, what's the issue, here? Guy was found to have a terrible record of posting pretty execrable things, and whether he resigned or was fired, he was off the team basically before he did any real work for them.
    I mean, if we're talking about records and take it seriously, it's not even a record. Mooch has everyone beat by being fired 10 days before he started.

But largely, I agree. Surprising he made it that far in the process before that garbage was discovered, but it was still discovered and this is pretty routine shit. Campaigns end up passing on candidates for positions due to shit like this all the time. It just usually happens earlier in the process.

Scandalous.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying the ginormous impeachment coverage going front and center to keep the spotlight off the Dem Debates. Not sure some of these talking points should ever see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm enjoying the ginormous impeachment coverage going front and center to keep the spotlight off the Dem Debates. Not sure some of these talking points should ever see the light of day.
    It's not. These stupid comments are pretty much all that conservative media is focusing on when they're not trying to dismiss/deflect impeachment criticisms. It just gives them something easy to write about since they don't have to do mental gymnastics.

I'm fully expecting tons of ads this coming election with Beto's guns/church tax comments front and center even if he's not (and he won't be) the nominee. It's not going to go away.

Thanks Beto, go back to livestreaming your teeth cleaning.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not. These stupid comments are pretty much all that conservative media is focusing on when they're not trying to dismiss/deflect impeachment criticisms. It just gives them something easy to write about since they don't have to do mental gymnastics.

I'm fully expecting tons of ads this coming election with Beto's guns/church tax comments front and center even if he's not (and he won't be) the nominee. It's not going to go away.

Thanks Beto, go back to livestreaming your teeth cleaning.
    Yeah, that guy has no idea how to run on a national level. I get that he has policy issues he wants to forward, but "taking the gunz!" is exactly what the neo-con idiots want the dems to say.

Those comments might have cost him a VP slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Anyone else getting the definite feeling that Tulsi Gabbard is going to be running as an independent/third party candidate? I am not sure who is bankrolling her, but I think I am all for it. She is going to take a lot more republican votes then Democratic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    She is going to take a lot more republican votes then Democratic ones.
    Doubtful. I view the conservative support of her (and others like Yang) as bad-faith acting rather than anything serious. They're boosting the fringe/low tier candidates that are most out of step with the rest of the field to try to gum up the primary, not because they actually support those candidates.

Anyone else getting the definite feeling that Tulsi Gabbard is going to be running as an independent/third party candidate? I am not sure who is bankrolling her, but I think I am all for it. She is going to take a lot more republican votes then Democratic ones.
    She's got 0 chance. She's literally the 4chan candidate.
    https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ate-alt-right/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The only real mom is our Orb Queen Marianne Williamson.

Also wasn't she threatening to boycott the bait? They shouldn't have let her 'requalify' in the first place.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yeah, that guy has no idea how to run on a national level. I get that he has policy issues he wants to forward, but "taking the gunz!" is exactly what the neo-con idiots want the dems to say.

Those comments might have cost him a VP slot.
    I mean, if we're honest, the USA has a massive issue with gun crime, relative to other developed nations. Pretending the 2nd Amendment isn't a contributor to that is . . . willful blindness.

The question really does boil down to "do you want the 2nd Amendment and fairly broad access to weaponry for all, or do you want to address the incredibly high rates of gun crime in the USA?" Because you can't really feasibly address the latter without addressing the former. It's the lynchpin behind the mess the USA is in, and being unwilling to address that is like being unwilling to address the parts of the Constitution that supported slavery, because of the chaos that would cause.

If you're not willing to address the factors that go into the high rates of gun crime, then you're tacitly saying you're okay with the level of gun violence in the USA; it's a price you deem worth paying. The idea that Beto's going to torpedo his career, but those arguing in favor of high levels of gun violence won't, is pretty frickin' crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Zero chance of winning, not zero chance of running. I despise Gabbard, and I am quite confident we are going to find out some illegal shit about her campaign before this is over. Her whole act is incredibly suspicious, and she is getting a ton of funding from somewhere. I see her adds everywhere, and that is just weird for someone polling like she is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zero chance of winning, not zero chance of running. I despise Gabbard, and I am quite confident we are going to find out some illegal shit about her campaign before this is over. Her whole act is incredibly suspicious, and she is getting a ton of funding from somewhere. I see her adds everywhere, and that is just weird for someone polling like she is.
    She'll get in as much trouble as Jill Stein.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-10-14 at 10:33 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive