Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you ever truly have ire for someone, just call the police and ask them to do a "welfare check"

What is it with cops in the US? Is there a systematic issue with the recruitment and training processes or is it just bad luck that there are so many cases of police misconduct?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
    What is it with cops in the US? Is there a systematic issue with the recruitment and training processes or is it just bad luck that there are so many cases of police misconduct?
    Lots of reasons but yes the main one is that the training or rather lack of training is a complete joke compared to other western nations.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Training is bad

The vast majority of police are racist

A lot of police were bullied and feel like they have something to “prove” so they become a cop to push people around and feel important

This also might explain why a lot of police are domestic abusers too.
    change can't wait.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    Botham Jean was in his own apartment when he was killed, they tried to make it a point he had pot inside his home, as if that was some justification for what the cop did. They ALWAYS do that, try to make the victim into the bad guy.

I'm sure her family would rather she be alive than receive a large settlement ... and why is the default some monetary value to the victims family rather than fixing the problem with guns and fixing the problem with police?
    You are asking the wrong person. For one, I do not live in Texas and two, I do not make the laws. I already stated the police officer was wrong in the way he reacted in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Training is bad

A lot of police were bullied and feel like they have something to “prove” so they become a cop to push people around and feel important

I do not believe that for a second. You know how many police officers there are in the US and the number of cases in which they are found to have acted wrong? You need to prove your point. Which you can't.

This case is a abnormality.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I saw the video again and he shit “in the middle” of saying out your hands up a second time. Also literally never says she’s a damn cop he looks like a criminal thief

Another police brutality post, another round of the same predictable people justifying the executions that happen. Disgusting.
    No one's justifying it but you're going about grandstanding as you normally do with non substance behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not believe that for a second. You know how many police officers there are in the US and the number of cases in which they are found to have acted wrong? You need to prove your point. Which you can't.

This case is a abnormality.
    They aren’t found to have acted wrong in the majority of cases because it’s police investigating other police. They’re gonna stick up for their own. I remember the Laquan Mcdonald case. Where the police involved in his killing were caught tampering with and destroying evidence, as well as LYING about what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    No one's justifying it but you're going about grandstanding as you normally do with non substance behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Looks like suicide by cop to me. She was found with a gun which may explain why the officer reacted so quickly after he told her to show her hands. If she pointed the gun at him, he had no choice but to fire. I guess some want to argue that police shouldn't be allowed to fire unless they've already been fired upon, but that has consequences like dead officers.
    Yeah, but no ones justifying it amirite?
    change can't wait.

Training is bad

You watch too much MSNBC

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but no ones justifying it amirite?
    You wrote your post before he made that post, I read them in order. This is like saying it's raining outside when it's shining, then 5 days later when it rains you says "see! see! I told you it was raining"

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You wrote your post before he made that post, I read them in order. This is like saying it's raining outside when it's shining, then 5 days later when it rains you says "see! see! I told you it was raining"
    And I also pointed out the other people that were justifying and downplaying what happened earlier in the thread.
    change can't wait.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They aren’t found to have acted wrong in the majority of cases because it’s police investigating other police. They’re gonna stick up for their own. I remember the Laquan Mcdonald case. Where the police involved in his killing were caught tampering with and destroying evidence, as well as LYING about what happened.

- - - Updated - - -
    That is a excuse, but not proof. You need to take into consideration the number of police there are and the number of cases they are involved in. By making a blanket statement the vast majority of police are racists, based on the number of cases they are found to be, is like saying the vast majority of citizens are criminals, based on the small number who are in comparison to the 320 million we have.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

And I also pointed out the other people that were justifying and downplaying what happened earlier in the thread.
    There wasn't any, it was your biased conjecturing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Systematic issue, it is often a lack of training combined with a culture that encourages protecting officers from legal consequences of their own actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy, Aaron Dean, has resigned. Interim chief has said he was about to fire him ( an unlikely story imo but it is what it is). There better be charges coming and this dude better not run since he's not cooperating with the investigation apparently.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/10/14/...ana-jefferson/

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a excuse, but not proof. You need to take into consideration the number of police there are and the number of cases they are involved in. By making a blanket statement the vast majority of police are racists, based on the number of cases they are found to be, is like saying the vast majority of citizens are criminals, based on the small number who are in comparison to the 320 million we have.
    The issue with this argument is that police departments generally rally behind officers in shootings like this. They investigate themselves, and expect the public to accept the outcome, without oversight.

States' attorneys have to work with police departments on basically all their cases, and that means they're incentivized to give officers the benefit of the doubt, because pursuing cases against an officer is seen, due to the above, as an attack on the department as a whole. So they don't, or they lower the charge level when it's so blatant they can't avoid prosecuting.

The whole system is deeply corrupt, and every single person contributing to that is a bad actor. The States' attorneys who aren't filing charges and pursuing investigations on every remotely questionable shooting. Fellow officers who aren't bringing these issues to their superiors' attention, and volunteering information accordingly. Leadership who support their officers rather than their ethic of service to the community. Every single one is aiding and abetting criminal cops.

It's not just the cop who fired their weapon. It's every single officer who isn't treating them as a potential murderer in the aftermath of that shooting. It's every States' attorney who's cautious about filing charges.

I wouldn't agree that the "vast majority of police are racist". But they're sure willing to defend and protect the racists in their midst, rather than denouncing them to their Chiefs and getting their asses fired, with cause, before this shit gets someone killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its called systemic injustice. The police aren't 'in the wrong' because the law says they aren't.

They were legally in the right when they sicced dogs and firehouses on Civil Rights protestors.

They been legally cleared for shooting people because the person followed their orders too slow or they couldn't tell the difference between a wallet and glock.

They've been found within the law after firing blindly into homes and killing kids.

None of that makes them right just because the laws are broken. Failures of the justice system doesn't morally clear injustice.

When the system is corrupt you have to look at those who make it up. Those who are protecting the 'few bad eggs' and not demanding change from within. If know your colleagues are involved in gross misconduct you don't just throw your hands up and 'well it wasn't me' if you're aware of it and didn't address it. You certainly don't get a free pass if you covered for them but 'never actually participated in their corruption'.

The "just doing my job" excusewas thrown out in 1946.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The neighbor who called 911 about the open front door told Fox 4 the police officers didn't announce who they were or knock on the door before searching the outside of the house.

"When I made that non-emergency call, I didn’t say it was a burglary. I didn’t say it was people fighting. I didn’t say anything to make them have a gun. All they needed to do is ring the doorbell,” James Smith said.
    Truly terrible situation and the officer should be brought up on murder charges unless more information surfaces. That being said, is the reporting mistaken with the bolded parts? Neighbor called 911 for a non-emergency call. If a situation is not an emergency do NOT call 911. There are other numbers to reach your local police.

I'm going to say it again : for a country in which constitution supposedly protect people from tyranny (read, guns), Americans are sure accepting what is blatant tyranny, law enforcement killing over and over people.

(If you ask normal people in normal countries what is more tyrannical between ''I cant purchase a flamethrower'' and ''Cops routinely shoot petty criminals and even innocents and the people who ask to buy flamethrowers defend them''...)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-10-14 at 10:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    Truly terrible situation and the officer should be brought up on murder charges unless more information surfaces. That being said, is the reporting mistaken with the bolded parts? Neighbor called 911 for a non-emergency call. If a situation is not an emergency do NOT call 911. There are other numbers to reach your local police.
    Youre right in that you shouldn't use 911 for non-emergencies but they know that most people don't know the number to their local PD and will forward the call.

Even then, then officer opened up who he thought was a thief. Still should not have fired.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    The mistake is the 911 call, better journalists than fox news covered this more accurately, he called a non-emergency number.
    /s