View Poll Results: How long will you play for?

Voters
331. This poll is closed
  • I'm not resubbing

64 19.34%
  • I'll probably stop playing prior to phase 6 coming out

49 14.80%
  • Definitely playing up to phase 6 and beyond (Classic+/TBC)

163 49.24%
  • I don't really know

77 23.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Lightbulb Realistically, How long do you see yourself playing Classic?

Hello,

I'm curious to see the intentions of players regarding how long they see themselves playing Classic, especially those who have come back for Classic.

For Myself, originally I just wanted to kill Ony & MC (which I have not yet done btw). However, getting closer to 60 I find myself really enjoying the experience and foresee myself playing up until phase 6 now, and beyond, on a casual basis.

Now it is premature of me to suggest that I will even last that long since I havent even reached my original intention yet, but my point is more about how my own intentions towards the game have changed since release. I didn't anticipate enjoying the game as much as I have now that most of the nostalgia has worn off. It's like a long lost friend has come back and I want them to stay around ofc :>

But yeah, what are people's intentions to how long they will play. Please keep it about your own interest to the game, less about what you think others will do,
    Thanks.
    like totally dude-bro, I couldn't have said it better myself mang

I plan on playing Classic through at least phase 6 and beyond if they do more.

Will no doubt play until Zul Gurub, if anything I'll muck about doing some PvP until then; but I'll happily run MC Ony and BWL given the opportunity.

After that who knows, depends how things look at that point but I've never run Naxx40 so I'd like to do that as progression rather than tourist farm. Really depends on the guild landscape by then because I know I can't be arsed managing these things myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got 7/8 T1 already on my shaman, theres no way I'm quitting now lol. To be honest,I could have seen myself stopping after hitting the level cap. Def not now lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I never planned on pugging Classic content. It's basically my same position as retail. If my guild doesn't raid/participate, then I most likely will just drop WoW.

I already did everything in Classic, those were my golden years. No lifing the game as a teenager, trying to get rank 12 and end game raid simultaneously. I did everything I could on a shaman and then some and rode out every single patch and talent change.

There's an interest in classic, but not an attachment. I wanna actually utilize my expensive GPU as well lol.

Just to level 60, given the extremely solo play style - after 60 there is little left to do.

However - I plan on taking several months to get to 60.

Only thing that kept me around originally were the expansions.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I'm already done. I ended up on the losing side of a 30-70 split server and I would rather paint my entire house than level another character.

Im pretty much already done i think. I'd like to do the more interesting raids of AQ40 and stuff but i just can't be bothered to raid a year+ of molten core to get to that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until BC arrives.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by BadCarma View Post
    Hello,

I'm curious to see the intentions of players regarding how long they see themselves playing Classic, especially those who have come back for Classic.

For Myself, originally I just wanted to kill Ony & MC (which I have not yet done btw). However, getting closer to 60 I find myself really enjoying the experience and foresee myself playing up until phase 6 now, and beyond, on a casual basis.

Now it is premature of me to suggest that I will even last that long since I havent even reached my original intention yet, but my point is more about how my own intentions towards the game have changed since release. I didn't anticipate enjoying the game as much as I have now that most of the nostalgia has worn off. It's like a long lost friend has come back and I want them to stay around ofc :>

But yeah, what are people's intentions to how long they will play. Please keep it about your own interest to the game, less about what you think others will do,
    Thanks.
    I stopped after a week. That was enough nostaliga for me ~
    This being due to me having played during vanilla live and really don't want to do all that stuff over again. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Before the beta I thought this was the dumbest idea ever. 30 min into the beta I realized I was completely wrong. Started playing and figured this was my life for the next however long...but then reality of age set in and I realize that Im just gonna take as long as possible to slowly level 4-5 characters to 60.

I just dont have the time to set aside for dungeons and especially raids anymore. Dungeon finder ruined the game in a lot of ways, but unfortunately for me LFR and dungeon finder are the only real ways for me to do content like that. When I log in I need to be able to do a dungeon NOW, cant sit around waiting to find a group, let everyone arrive....wipe a few times, then I gotta go. Not fair to others, so this is basically a solo game for me aside from the odd group quests and dungeons.

Till they release TBC servers.

1-2 months tops during phase 4'ish when all BGs are out. Or none at all most likely. Do I really want to waste money on an old game I already played? I don't think so. If the best new game the genre had to offer this year was a recreation of old WoW, then the genre is really in quite a bit of trouble. No innovation whatsoever. I'm looking for the BEST and most NOVEL experiences. Classic WoW doesn't quite fit that bill. All it is is a trip down memory lane. Nothing more and nothing less. With that said, if it was free or if I had a lifetime subscription I would have played.

I didn't know I would like it as much as I do. In a matter of weeks, I went from wondering whether I would reach level 40, to wanting to clear Naxx.

When I'm not raiding on retail I'm logged on classic. I have no interest in alts on retail now with the essence system and AP grind, so levelling my warrior has been a great change of pace. I'm not rushing and just enjoying the experience again.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just want to complete Tier 0 and get Quel'Serrar.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I’ll play until I feel like it’s a job and not a hobby, last time that happened was in Legion. So i’d say 12/13 years if Blizz re-releases everything.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

No "I stuck to retail and never even started Classic" option.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Just to level 60, given the extremely solo play style - after 60 there is little left to do.

However - I plan on taking several months to get to 60.

Only thing that kept me around originally were the expansions.
    Same. I'm also an altoholic so that extends Classic's life for me but, yeah, level 60 is basically the end of the line.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I don't plan on unsubbing anytime soon at all.

I don't have much time to play though, so it's probably going to take me another few months just to reach 60.