Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Ohhh I can explain that too. Those two were still imprisoned, severely weaken. N'zoth is the first Old God that's fully free. Even though he's been called the "weakest Old God" there's a major difference in terms of power between being imprisoned and being free.
    We'll see how it works out.

5+ Year Old Account
    9.0 Retirement.

Your hero retires to a quiet town of your choosing, unfortunately old age has caught up and your hero is mugged and murdered.

Now your characters child seeks justice and follows the same simple beginnings as your first hero.

Where will your next adventures take you?!

Its a twist on the shadowlands leak. You heard it here first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    9.0 Retirement.

Your hero retires to a quiet town of your choosing, unfortunately old age has caught up and your hero is mugged and murdered.

Now your characters child seeks justice and follows the same simple beginnings as your first hero.

Are we wearing hockey pants?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    9.0 Retirement.

Kinda hard to explain aging for Draenei, elves, and the like though

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I guess for those replace old age with being drunk and careless.

They died because they were so disgusted with the systems design

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    I guess for those replace old age with being drunk and careless.
    I don't know... Draenei and Dwarves can hold their alcohol pretty well, even if Draenei don't drink it all the time like Dwarves do.

I don't know... Draenei and Dwarves can hold their alcohol pretty well, even if Draenei don't drink it all the time like Dwarves do.
    Maybe they tripped and fell, hitting the head on a rock or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Were those guys so obviously superpowered when they were current? I got the sense that old gods being superpowered was a retcon that started to happen around mop.
    At the time the chronicle wasn't out(Although maybe in the works) and Y'shaarj was the Old God that was known to be killed. We just later learned HOW(During WoD when the chronicle released).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Speculating about speculation, can we go deeper?

5+ Year Old Account
    Were those guys so obviously superpowered when they were current? I got the sense that old gods being superpowered was a retcon that started to happen around mop.
    I know C'thun was a world ending threat. I still have quests sitting in my logs from the AQ War... on my Draenei...

DK. Yeah. Can provide screenshots, too.

I hope 9.0 is the final expac and we get WoW 2

I don't know, Blizzard is pretty obvious and rarely surprising...

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    When they said that they were talking Legion Gul'dan. They meant Azshara would be a mid-expansion boss.
    Well, we know she's still around, if a little worse for the wear.

Blizzard has made a bit of a habit of not actually killing the big story movers lately.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't know, Blizzard is pretty obvious and rarely surprising...
    Faction war was BFA's surprise factor.
    Argus/Sargeras/new races in a expac that also had a new class was Legion's... despite you know... most expecting something else other than an immediate Legion threat.

And then there's Death Knights who aren't affected by either this or age.

Besides, the story is nonsense anyway. From Classic till now it has been what, 8 years or so in lore? Unless your character is a Hozen, there's no old age to affect it.

Faction war was BFA's surprise factor.
    Argus/Sargeras/new races in a expac that also had a new class was Legion's... despite you know... most expecting something else other than an immediate Legion threat.
    I mean, thats one example...

7+ Year Old Account
    9.0 will be either dragon isles, shadowlands(or both) or some sort of new beginning with kalindor and EK revamp

those are the most logical things, and blizzard is not rly subtle anymore.

There are a few other possibilities:
    - going to draenor again to fight Yrel, or she invading this world
    - going to Azeroth moon or another planet
    - Return of the LK(with or without the shadowlands stuff)
    - Underground/underdark expansion, like another "world" inside azeroth., with or without the nerubian kingdom

i can't see others possibilities, they cn always created something from the zero like MOP, but i doubt. .

10+ Year Old Account
    The most unlikely thing we will get would be a South Sea expansion as BFA had most of the themes of what a South Sea expansion would have. While BFA was faction related it had our character traveling across the seas to get to islands for treasure, tons of sea monsters, naga raid, and old gods.

One thing I’ve noticed recently is that they are very quick to chew through stories that player expect to take longer. Emerald dream, Azshara, N’Zoth were all candidates to be expansions on their own and they basically became just raids. The Legion expansion had a coherent theme but Sargeras, the big bad over 20 years of Warcraft, got one cutscene.
    The thing that annoyed me the most was that the whole "Sargeras clouds the skies above Azeroth" wasn't really shown anywhere during the Argus campaign nor during the raid. It was a really rushed execution with little to no build up, until the cutscene I wasn't even aware Sargeras was present on Argus in any physical capacity. That is just awful story design and they could have done ALOT better. In general most of their stories can be summed up by "there was just nothing ingame that showed that".

Same with the state of the war campaign, supposedly both sides were running low on resources, but neither side actually could see it besides in some cutscene where it was mentioned on the side. This is stuff that should be represented ingame by spawning a few people that are poor or dejected soldirs that have some conversations, there should be protests of people that are affected by rationing since the supplies run low. There is just zero immersion in the way Blizzard does these things as of late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    The most unlikely thing we will get would be a South Sea expansion as BFA had most of the themes of what a South Sea expansion would have. While BFA was faction related it had our character traveling across the seas to get to islands for treasure, tons of sea monsters, naga raid, and old gods.
    Can we hold on for a moment and contemplate how sad it is that we essentially did a south seas expansion without getting our own ship? :/

Feels like a really missed opportunity here to build our own - very contained - base of operations and customize it a bit. Though I think technically at least the alliance NPC kind of gave my character command over the ship.