Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I just want to FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    One thing I’ve noticed recently is that they are very quick to chew through stories that player expect to take longer. Emerald dream, Azshara, N’Zoth were all candidates to be expansions on their own and they basically became just raids. The Legion expansion had a coherent theme but Sargeras, the big bad over 20 years of Warcraft, got one cutscene.

But overall the big problem they have is they’ve made their bad guys way too powerful. The lich King was perfect, extremely powerful but not absurdly so - beating him was doable. It went south with Cataclysm where Deathwing became the first big bad who had the power to destroy the planet. Since then we’ve had Argus, Sargeras, and now Old Gods with planet destroying potential.

We’re just dudes with swords. Why are we fighting these things?

Guys like Gul’Dan and Azshara are plenty powerful. That’s who we should be fighting.
    This. Smaller-scale threats are almost always more impactful to players. Large-scale, planet-destroying enemies make everything that came before it seem meaningless.

Fighting and subsequently defeating a released Old God makes every other fight before it seem rather redundant. Awesome, I'm going to defeat an OG that has been planning something for 10,000 years with 19 other players, then go to killing boars to level up in 9.0

Unless the broadcast text is misleading and we all lose to Nzoth and get WoW 2.0 and the reset we all need

I want something totally random, like Mists of Pandaria.

Tired of all those world ending threats: Iron Horde, Sragars, N'zoth.