Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Probably some soppy ceremony where Teldrassil and the Undercity are restored using the power of Azerite and us conveniently forgetting about saving the world.

It's like Yrel in WoD. We just don't talk about it anymore. But hey, hey, it's fine, don't cry, ouw. The HoA was moved to a HUGE farm with a loving family and plays tag with Yrel. Promise you stop crying if we get antoher stupid artifact next expac, please? Okkkay, that's my boy.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-10-15 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not talking about Azerite as a game mechanic here (it never worked as that), solely from a lore point of view.
    its still a very powerful substance. it's basically like giving dynamite to someone in the middle ages.

and i'm sure that's kinda how it'll be lorewise: either it becomes just another resource like so many others weve seen over the expansions that just gets used to make weapons in the background and it's just kinda there but you never really hear about it. or the supply of it dries up after we fix azeroths wounds and it just stops being a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there will be an actual point to Azerite in the end story wise. I feel like some event will occur at the end of this expansion to invalidate it's collection since either Azeroth won't require it in the end as "she doesn't actually have a physical body to bleed from" or the planet will be put into a scenario where Azerite doesn't work as a "fix" anymore. Or maybe they'll just go with the Artifact Weapon ending again and have a "with our powers combined" moment as we channel the HoA AP into the sword again to just deal with it.

As a story point in the War Campaign/Faction Military stuff, I doubt it'll make a return as it seems it was just made to be draw into the beginning of the expansion as a means to explain how the Burning happened as well as set up what the Warfront World Bosses are.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nope, in Lore multiple champions have it. We can even find a discarded HoA somewhere.
    Interesting, that means they are just vessels then to pump the blood back into Azeroth. Can you provide context for this? What and where?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They're not, and I never said they were, essences are pretty decent though.

They just suck at giving us continuous progression with meaning.
    Glyphs 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Im guessing we are gonna use the Azerite we collected throughout the expansion to restore Azeroth once we are done with N'zoth.
    Story wise yeah, let's hope we get rid of this AP farm come 9.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Im guessing we are gonna use the Azerite we collected throughout the expansion to restore Azeroth once we are done with N'zoth.
    or we beat N'Zoth and then he uses the power in our necks to revitalize himself and kick off Cataclysm 2.0

They wanted to give us "something" after the loss of weapons, but this system is bullsh** and it should go already, even more after Eternal Palace. I really am tired of this gear system. I miss normal gear and class tiers. That's all i damn want.

I would NOT expect that to happen. There will be a max-level system going forward.
    Could you explain this max level system?

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Oh yeah.. I bet the 2% stamina nodes on the neck are so exciting...
    The 3% stamina nodes were quite exciting to me as a tank though.

Also for PvP, since the difference between somebody with NO nodes and somebody with all the nodes is gargantuan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Max level advancement system? Like Artifacts and the Heart? We will have these going forward because they add a meaningful reward other than gold to the game and they need as many rewards other than gear in the system as they can get.
    As to what it can be, I think in the immediate future it will continue to be thematic to the expansion. A Dragon Isles xpac might have us become Dragonsworn. A Shadowlands xpac may have us attune to the souls of past heroes. It just should be things that make sense when they are lost. The Heart of Azeroth will probably make sense when it is lost; it felt temporary for the start since it was given for a specific purpose; the same is not true for the Artifacts which we lost in a rather contrived manner.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh this is so true, yes they are the most boring thing ever but damn do they matter.
    Ah yes I understand the concept but I just hope they add more visual depth such as the Artifact weapons did

I mean the most obvious part; the flavour text of the actual item: "A living symbol of hope, borne by the champions of a dying planet."
    Good point. I always read that to mean the faction "Champions of Azeroth", made up of the Cenarian Circle and Earthern Ring's combined effort in Silithus headed up by Magni, that you belonged to that faction and wore it on their behalf. However I can see taking it at face value to mean literally "A living symbol of hope, borne by the champions of a dying planet.", plural use implying multiple symbols and multiple champions.

Imo we should have never lost the artifacts.

As for Visuals my pet idea is to get a Dragon Isles expansion in which we become Dragonsworn and part of it involves us getting WINGS that work like the Mechagon jetpack. So for visuals, how about Dragon wings!
    Misread WINGS to WIGS and thought it would be a Trial of Style expansion

Imo we should have never lost the artifacts.

As for Visuals my pet idea is to get a Dragon Isles expansion in which we become Dragonsworn and part of it involves us getting WINGS that work like the Mechagon jetpack. So for visuals, how about Dragon wings!
    I think the idea is neat but I hope well never go this corny and cheesy road of character customization. I never want to is to happen as it specifically doesn’t fit into the game at all. Made sense in Aion but in WoW? Tauren or Gnomes with wings? God no.

I want a system that focuses on classes like class customizable relics (totems, quivers, grimoires etc) where each class and even spec is unique.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

There have already been 10+ quests in BFA where we use our rising levels of Azerite to restore and heal Azeroth.

Any of you guys still actually playing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Azerite has felt like a forgotten secondary plot during all of BfA so far. The fact that no one seems to care about that lil' sword in Silithus - the same sword that started all this mess - is quite jarring, to say the least.
    Are you suggesting we should have pulled the blade out by now? Maybe with some kind of giant robot hand?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Could you explain this max level system?
    The Heart of Azeroth will go away at 9.0 or 8.3.5 or 8.3.7 (or whatever). It will be replaced with a new "something to do every day" mechanic for the next expansion, despite the sobbing from LFR-grade players trying to keyboard turn their way to victory.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Are you suggesting we should have pulled the blade out by now? Maybe with some kind of giant robot hand?
    No, I'm not and I think it's clear enough as to not ask that type of dumb questions. But the fact that no NPC ever mentions it, you start wondering wtf is happening with it. Even in the followup quests for HoA, the sword is simply not mentioned even once.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The 3% stamina nodes were quite exciting to me as a tank though.

Also for PvP, since the difference between somebody with NO nodes and somebody with all the nodes is gargantuan.
    DPS too. Having almost 400k HP in a raid is pretty valuable.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.