Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd love to play, but can't afford the time sink once you are 60.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm 60 lvl priest, had two weeks off work, leveled up in 244 hours. Made some preraid bisses, jumped in raiding, lost my first reroll on benediction, 3 t1 pieces (by second places or really close rolls, like 85-86 etc etc). Won onyxia had in a pug, got 3 epics.

well, after jumping in raids I dont see any poitin in doing intances tbh, I log in... to help my friends and for raids, nothing else. I'm not hooked anymore I guess.

To be honest, I knew retail was good, and after vanilla as priest I'm happy that I was right. retail and vanilla two different games, I like both, there are flaws in both. But well...
    Dunno I wait for vulpera to return to retail. And will do my rotation ~ 5-6 hours for Ony-MC.

Thats it I guess.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't get past level 16. Really wanted to do some wpvp and battlegrounds and maybe the odd raid, but the time it takes just isn't worth it when I've seen and done all of it already. The nostalgia factor for my part ended on day 4, and after that there just wasn't any more motivation to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I don't see how you can be experiencing this, I always try to pick up a druid for any dungeon grp, they're absolutely amazing to have, innervate just makes mages and priests love you and combat rezz is great if shit hits the fan, also bear tanks are great at maintaining aggro and relatively tankier than warriors in any 5 mans.

The only way I see you not having a good time is if you're trying to join those mage only dungeon grinds for SM/ZF which is not a druid exclusive problem, either that or you're playing balance at higher levels and people avoid taking you due to the meta mentality, either way it shouldn't be as bad as you make it out to be tbh.
    I’m trying to pick a 2nd toon to level, and something I’ve never leveled, which would be Druid. This gives me something to think about.

I have my Warrior to 60. I really want to do something completely different for the next one though. Either Warlock or Druid. As much as I hate questing in retail, there was something about questing through the original content that really grabbed me. I’ve read all the books and I think that had something to do with it.

Having the stories come together in multiple quest lines was pretty kool. However, and especially with the scourge areas, it leaves you wanting much more knowing what’s to come later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Couldn't get past level 16. Really wanted to do some wpvp and battlegrounds and maybe the odd raid, but the time it takes just isn't worth it when I've seen and done all of it already. The nostalgia factor for my part ended on day 4, and after that there just wasn't any more motivation to go around.
    I followed a great leveling guide and it really helped me. It kept everything very streamlined and even though I often veered off the path it had later out to do other things, it was great to be able to reference back to that to not miss anything or waste obscene amounts of time simple because you didn’t click on a shrub in some swamp.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I've shelved everything else and haven't touched any other games since Classic came out, so there is that. But 2 hours a night, if even that, is about the max amount of time I'm putting in these days. Difference between being 20 and 34, I guess.

Not as hooked as I used to be. And honestly I do prefer to play other games (especially SoT) if my crew is up for that instead.

Edit: @Cidzor
    I feel you brother.....

Never stoped to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Davernos View Post
    I'd love to play, but can't afford the time sink once you are 60.
    Where's the timesink? Where's the hurry? If you so wish, clearing current raid content takes mere several hours from invitations to "kthxbye." Running 5mans/ubrs and soon dire maul is purely optional. There's absolutely no need for any consumable farming, nor are the craftable items thru quite tedious grinds any necessity. Unless having BiS gear in record time and grinding things like timbermaw reputation is a must-do of course. The current end-game is as casual friendly as it gets.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I started in TBC.. and classic isnt doing it for me.. i have played until level 20 but its just not fun for me at all.

You are the real vanilla OP
    I played vanilla like you play classic! I dont have the time to play more than ~15h a week.
    Got my toon on lvl 45 now and having a blast. (Yes, you could call it a good addiction)

I was pretty addicted... but have slowed down. The reasons are mutlifolded.. some was because I was burning myself out... with a level 54, 41, 21, and a few teens... I was really going overboard for my liking.

But to be honest... the whole Hearthstone/China debacle took the wind out of my sails. Not only do I feel Blizzard acted in extremely poor taste... but all the talk outside and inside the game broke from the Azeroth immersion.

So I'm focusing on other things until it all is resolved and settles down. I hope when I choose to return to Classic beyond a few hours a week.. that it will feel like Azeroth again, instead of the World of BlizzardGate.

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Where's the timesink? Where's the hurry? If you so wish, clearing current raid content takes mere several hours from invitations to "kthxbye." Running 5mans/ubrs and soon dire maul is purely optional. There's absolutely no need for any consumable farming, nor are the craftable items thru quite tedious grinds any necessity. Unless having BiS gear in record time and grinding things like timbermaw reputation is a must-do of course. The current end-game is as casual friendly as it gets.
    I'm talking about gathering partys and raid groups, replacements, afks, moving to the instances, grinding honor for PvP. Do not misunderstand me, I love this game, but with little time to play nowadays it's not very enjoyable once you reach 60. The way to 60, however, is really good since you can level, progress, explore and quest at your own pace, making progress everyday.

I'm the opposite of addicted, I have to force myself to login and can usually only keep myself engaged for one level-up before I'm bored out of my mind and have to quit and play something that's actually fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Michh View Post
    I’m trying to pick a 2nd toon to level, and something I’ve never leveled, which would be Druid. This gives me something to think about.

I have my Warrior to 60. I really want to do something completely different for the next one though. Either Warlock or Druid. As much as I hate questing in retail, there was something about questing through the original content that really grabbed me. I’ve read all the books and I think that had something to do with it.

Having the stories come together in multiple quest lines was pretty kool. However, and especially with the scourge areas, it leaves you wanting much more knowing what’s to come later.
    Druid leveling is great tbh, you have little downtime while questing, you're basically a rogue with heals after 20 which makes the leveling smooth af since you never have to worry about upgrading weapons since you weapon dps and attack speed don't affect you, since you use your claws you're basically immune to disarms the entire time and your unarmed hit is capped for your level so you miss a lot less than you would on other melee chars.

If that wasn't enough you regen mana while fighting in forms so you almost never have to sit and drink after fights, just pop out heal and back to cat/bear, this makes questing amazingly good on druids.

You can also fill any role in dungeons so long as you keep some int/spirit gear in your bags, though generally you'll be taken as a tank most of the time but it's much easier than tanking as a warrior.

The only downside to all of this is once you hit cap you'll be expected to heal, though there are specs where you're not too pinned into that role ( 0/30/21) , so you can still be a dps or tank outside of raids. Unless you actually want to be a feral dps , which does function relatively well but requires too much effort to maintain subpar dps ( less than a rogue) and most of the playerbase will have negative opinions of your choices. Besides that though they're great in bgs whether as feral dps or flag carriers and wpvp as druid is fun.
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-10-15 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I don't see how you can be experiencing this, I always try to pick up a druid for any dungeon grp, they're absolutely amazing to have, innervate just makes mages and priests love you and combat rezz is great if shit hits the fan, also bear tanks are great at maintaining aggro and relatively tankier than warriors in any 5 mans.

The only way I see you not having a good time is if you're trying to join those mage only dungeon grinds for SM/ZF which is not a druid exclusive problem, either that or you're playing balance at higher levels and people avoid taking you due to the meta mentality, either way it shouldn't be as bad as you make it out to be tbh.
    Spot on Boomkin (so as you can guess, innervate is for me). I am half way pre raid bis and already raiding so it is fine. For 5man, the mana breaks are not that popular hehe.

For the rest, it might be a server thing (big pvp server) so the meta is pretty different from a normal server I guess. The only role asked here from druid is tanking. Healers (because of the lack of proper rez) or dps (cat or oomkin) are persona non grata.

Haven't logged on for a week I guess that means I'm done with it, most of my close friends have stopped too, it's just not the same feeling when you already know everything there is to know about the game. Coincidental that my classic warrior is retiring at level 50 when I originally retired shortly after vanilla launch as a 51 shaman, guess those 50-60 levels don't jive with me much , I did eventually get 2 other 60s during vanilla though.

Addicted way more then retail was ever able to push on me.

Hit 60 this weekend on my priest, I completely rushed 50-60 once they announced DM. Was waking up an hour early to quest before work when nothing was camped. So, I finally made it. Now what?

I sat around looking for groups along with a million other healers. Pugged a couple instances where I could, got some BIS gear. Did half of MC in a pug, got an epic. Kind of realized that this is it. Running raids, getting incremental upgrades, maybe some PvP shenanigans in the future. Lack of duel spec means farming is going to be tough on this guy, unless I want to level an alt just for that. Or just say screw healing and go back to shadow. I've wasted enough of my life in Molten Core over the past 15 years.

Think I just grew up hard in the last couple hours. I'm not sure how much more I want to play. 60 was the carrot that kept me going, and there was some great nostalgia along the way, but I don't think I'm going to be "hardcore" this time around. A couple hours on the weekends, maybe.
    Last edited by phattsao; 2019-10-15 at 04:26 PM.

35 warlock. Im bored and annoyed more than anything. There are fun times, but its outweighted for me.

The thing I enjoy the most is playing with friends tbh. The game is not really for me. I enjoyed retail more (legion, bfa not so much), but dont have a computer for it atm so.
    Last edited by wrynil; 2019-10-15 at 04:28 PM.