Poll: How would you pay for Diablo 4?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Free once*, free forever.

* BNet Token is awesome.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

One time purchase with content expansions and DLC, doesn't have to be major expansions, could do a 20USD update every 6 months and I would take it over a microtransaction store.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    One time purchase with content expansions and DLC, doesn't have to be major expansions, could do a 20USD update every 6 months and I would take it over a microtransaction store.
    Yup, for sure. Cool it with the microtransactions. $60 should be the max you spend day 1 and not a "base price" like every game ever is trying to do. The extra $20 for Digital Deluxe stuff should purely be cosmetic and not like extra stash tabs or anything mechanically helpful.

Though TBH I hate that stuff too.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    buy once with RMAH
    RMAH uses blizzard accountbalance
    gogo wow tokens

i'd probably consider it if they did another annual pass like with d3.

not exactly having much faith in d4 being very good, so unless they do something truly amazing i don't see myself buying it. i'll just watch the story on youtube and that'll be that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to buy the game and that's that. Now if they release an expansion/new class later, I don't mind buying stuff like that - I've been buying expansions for games as far back as like, the first Quake.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You realize you are saying this about a company that sells virtual horses for twenty five dollars, right?

While also charging a subscription and selling the base game and expansions?
    When did those 25 dollar horses kill a raid boss?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Buy once -- free forever with the addendum that large chunks of new content can be delivered via paid expansions. I prefer this model to F2P with cosmetic micros because cosmetics are important to my enjoyment of the game. If this is not viable, then I will probably skip the game or play it a limited amount. Blizzard does not have a good history of pricing their loot boxes / cosmetics if you look at HotS, Overwatch, and the WoW Store.

Free for those of us who bought Diablo 3 and hated everything about it. Real money auction house? COME ON! I know it's long gone, but it left such a bad taste and they took a millennia to fix issues.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

i wouldnt, unless they went back to a model closer to diablo 2. i dont like the combat system in 3, i dont like paragon either. and pvp may as well not have existed at all in d3, which was fun to do in d2.

i was a fan of LLD and VLLD myself (low level dueling and very low level dueling, i preferred 19 and 9). but with paragon you could never dream of having something like that. there would always be someone breaking the rules in the most subtle way possible to try to get by as long as paragon exists. that and unlimited paragon just kind of feels.... bleh. like you can never reach your goal of max level, and after so many its just like.... neat. 1 stat point that took me how many hours to get?

and as far as combat goes.... its nice having the 4 buttons you can set to attacks/buffs. i like that. however, the resource system takes the fun away from the game. if i want to spam my expensive spell and run out of mana in 2 seconds, let me do it, then let me carry some damn potions to get my mana back.

idk. ive taken up d2 again recently and im actually having quite a bit of fun. its a fair amount more difficult without as many people playing anymore. finding trades and such is next to impossible by comparison. but even without a social aspect, the gameplay, combat, talent trees... it all just feels better than 3 does to me. synergies are fun, and they make you pick up some doofy spells that you would normally never use, but can be fun in certain situations of just messing around.

if they made something more like d2, with characters that dont expire or anything like in d3 so taking a break doesnt reset you, id love to see it, and id still prefer the pay once and done other than expansions. wouldnt mind an RMAH either, but i doubt that would make a comeback.

You realize you are saying this about a company that sells virtual horses for twenty five dollars, right?

If 25 bucks for an optional cosmetic is "a lot" to you, you may need to find a new hobby, gaming might not be for you.

Honestly it isn't that expensive for first world given you will have that horse forever D:

Anyways, I'd like to buy Diablo 4 one time purchase, and then pay for the additional GOOD content.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Honestly it isn't that expensive for first world given you will have that horse forever D:
    might not be that much in an absolute amount, but you can get a lot better bang for buck elsewhere.

it's also funny to think that at this point, at the rate they are popping out these mounts, a years worth of mounts is the same amount of money as a years worth of netflix/spotify.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't care.

Buy once and free forever is fine with me, but I doubt that gets us quality additional content.

If I had to choose between buy once and DLC for additional content, versus buy once with microtransactions to fuel better patch content, I'd choose the microtransactions.

Buy base game, DLC and expansions for money.

Charge a small fee like $5 to play in each season.

As is, development for seasons for free has got to be draining the profit and at some point they will need to stop. Charging a small fee to join one would allow for a larger budget.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    i love grim dawn the lac kof server-side characters, and therefore easy to attain gear (through save modding), and lack of trade market, rare items, etc, really brings it down for. poe is still the best if for only that reason.
    Ya, I hope they make a sequel with proper online.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    If 25 bucks for an optional cosmetic is "a lot" to you, you may need to find a new hobby, gaming might not be for you.
    For a game charging a box fee AND a monthly subscription? Regardless of your income it's a ripoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Or maybe not? Because for 25$, instead of buying a stupid cosmetics, you can buy 2-3 games, or an AAA game. 1-3$ for a skin is OK, 25 is not.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

If 25 bucks isn't a lot to you would you mind throwing some my way? I mean if you just don't care about your money, that''s fine with me.

- - - Updated - - -

No bro didn't you see? If you don't buy a cosmetic for the price of several entire games, you are poor.

When did you start being required to buy cosmetics to play the game? Was there a patch today? I'm still working to pay for my horses so I haven't logged on yet.