10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The most recent thing seems to have been "Sunset's Backstage Pass" but I still can't keep track of how many mini things they've made. https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/My_Littl...ls_(franchise)

I'd assume with the team disassembled following the end of S9 production of that has stopped as well.
    Yeah, I watched Backstage Pass, enjoyed it enough. Have some other stuff before it to catch up on. I was kinda hoping they'd continue it, since it hasn't gotten nearly enough content as the original series. Started to feel even more like an anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe production for Equestria Girls has stopped, but I think they still have few more things from it to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokom View Post
    I believe production for Equestria Girls has stopped, but I think they still have few more things from it to release.
    That they do, it's basically EQG for what's left of Gen4 and then the Gen5 movie and the show next year.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That they do, it's basically EQG for what's left of Gen4 and then the Gen5 movie and the show next year.
    We're getting gen5 next year?! I figured they'd milk reruns for longer than that. If it'd been announced I expected leaked images of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

3+ Year Old Account

*de-lurking noises*

I've been a long time lurker in this thread series since sometime in the summer of 2011. After seeing this thread as the top MMOC thread for weeks and hearing a version of Pinkie's cupcakes song in a video of someone soloing firelands trash I made the fateful click. The page that I landed on had post with chefmkt's "Rarity Whining" clip and that started me on a path we are all probably familiar with.

Even though I'd never made an account on MMOC until now I visited the original thread regularly until it went over 9k posts and took several minutes to load before they closed it to start a new one. I'm fairly shy by disposition and I didn't feel like posting anything and it was enough fun to see everyone else post. Kind of like reading a complicated stream of thought book with only yourself as the editor.

It was interesting to see and read all of your character and show discussions and I felt like I was privy to a something that doesn't come around very often. A show with good characters, expressive animation and a simple yet timeless set of morals that filled a niche for many people who just wanted friendship, magic and harmony. The fact that a significant part of the popularity was borne out of 4chan's boards (a fellow hive of scum and villainy ) was frustrating to those who didn't understand it and the irony was not lost on those who did. Whatever the general appeal it brought in more than the "asked for" audience; a testament to Lauren's work on setting the course for the show and those who followed that ideal.

Reading though the threads I got to know a little about many of you. Even though we probably never met IRL and you might not have given a thought that a silent observer was reading your posts and sharing in your experiences; know that you are known even if it doesn't seem like it at times. It meant more to me than I'm probably willing to admit. Even for those of us who don't post much we can take solace that there is a good chance someone beyond our screen is following along as a silent partner.

Even though the book has closed literally/figuratively for G4 it isn't the end of the story. The amount of creativity and imagination involved related to the show seems to span universes at times and at its core there is something timeless that keeps it going.

Thank you everypony,
    Al

TLDR/TCDU:
    Wall of text hits you for 9k, you are afflicted with :feels:
    Friendship is and will continue to be magic, thanks for sharing it with us then, now and tomorrow. Reply code alpha sent.

We're getting gen5 next year?! I figured they'd milk reruns for longer than that. If it'd been announced I expected leaked images of it.
    That's what I saw on EQD, not surprising they aren't showing much of it when Gen4 just ended, plus Gen5 is going to be judged solely by 4, so they'll need to get it as right as possible.

Watching the "Backstage Pass" EQG thing now.

I see Bulk is ready for Bronycon.

edit: Finished watching it. Super awesome. I was [B]really[/B] banking hard on Pinkie Pie being the one who got a hold of the time twirler and was trying to teach Sunset a lesson. Not sure if what they went with was better or worse. Pinkie the Vengeful Timelord will alas never happen...in this timeline.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-10-18 at 04:18 AM.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Watching the "Backstage Pass" EQG thing now.

[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/4a7f0da89423cf1339d7f56326e9aeed.png[/IG]

I see Bulk is ready for Bronycon.

edit: Finished watching it. Super awesome. I was [B]really[/B] banking hard on Pinkie Pie being the one who got a hold of the time twirler and was trying to teach Sunset a lesson. Not sure if what they went with was better or worse. Pinkie the Vengeful Timelord will alas never happen...in this timeline.
    Trixie does seem to be REALLY okay with what he's wearing.

Apparently there was yet another EqG thing I had never heard of released. "Holiday Unwrapped."

I can't tell if Equestria Daily is late to the party or if this is a leak but I don't care I'm watchin' it. Christmas literally came early this year. Just look at that thumbnail. <3

No wait, I'm allergic to adorableness!

/dead

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlgalonLurker View Post
    TLDR/TCDU:
    Friendship is and will continue to be magic, thanks for sharing it with us then, now and tomorrow. Reply code alpha sent.
    BZZT. FRIENDSHIP ERROR. REPLY CODE OMEGA DETECTED. RE-ORIGINATION COMMENCING...
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...dship-is-Magic
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-10-20 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlgalonLurker View Post
    I've been a long time lurker in this thread series since sometime in the summer of 2011. After seeing this thread as the top MMOC thread for weeks and hearing a version of Pinkie's cupcakes song in a video of someone soloing firelands trash I made the fateful click. The page that I landed on had post with chefmkt's "Rarity Whining" clip and that started me on a path we are all probably familiar with.

Even though I'd never made an account on MMOC until now I visited the original thread regularly until it went over 9k posts and took several minutes to load before they closed it to start a new one. I'm fairly shy by disposition and I didn't feel like posting anything and it was enough fun to see everyone else post. Kind of like reading a complicated stream of thought book with only yourself as the editor.

It was interesting to see and read all of your character and show discussions and I felt like I was privy to a something that doesn't come around very often. A show with good characters, expressive animation and a simple yet timeless set of morals that filled a niche for many people who just wanted friendship, magic and harmony. The fact that a significant part of the popularity was borne out of 4chan's boards (a fellow hive of scum and villainy ) was frustrating to those who didn't understand it and the irony was not lost on those who did. Whatever the general appeal it brought in more than the "asked for" audience; a testament to Lauren's work on setting the course for the show and those who followed that ideal.

Reading though the threads I got to know a little about many of you. Even though we probably never met IRL and you might not have given a thought that a silent observer was reading your posts and sharing in your experiences; know that you are known even if it doesn't seem like it at times. It meant more to me than I'm probably willing to admit. Even for those of us who don't post much we can take solace that there is a good chance someone beyond our screen is following along as a silent partner.

Even though the book has closed literally/figuratively for G4 it isn't the end of the story. The amount of creativity and imagination involved related to the show seems to span universes at times and at its core there is something timeless that keeps it going.

Thank you everypony,
    Al

TLDR/TCDU:
    I'm surprised I didn't see this post before. It's good to know you were around even if we didn't notice.

Still playing catch up on comics, reading about the time Celestia saddled a small child with full custody of an even smaller, fire-breathing child to predictable results. No wonder she turned out as neurotic as she did.

They may say the target audience is kids, but this one definitely resonates the hardest with college moms.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-10-22 at 06:49 AM.

Still playing catch up on comics, reading about the time Celestia saddled a small child with full custody of an even smaller, fire-breathing child to predictable results. No wonder she turned out as neurotic as she did.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/HNpk9yo.png[/MG]

They may say the target audience is kids, but this one definitely resonates the hardest with college moms.
    What could go wrong giving an adolescent a fire breathing infant?

- - - Updated - - -

There we go, got myself two of these, one to keep sealed and the other to potentially play with some day.

On today's [comic] episode, My Little Pony tackles PROHIBITION!

It goes about as well as it did IRL.

I've gotta say, Sweet Apple Speakeasy is not a sight I thought I'd see.

On today's [comic] episode, My Little Pony tackles PROHIBITION!

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/j5jgkmD.png[/MG]

It goes about as well as it did IRL.

I've gotta say, Sweet Apple Speakeasy is not a sight I thought I'd see.
    You mean that random furniture had a secret sugar drawer in it? That's a good thing?

- - - Updated - - -

I've said before that my favorite thing about MLP is how it can tread the line between being completely genuine and a ruthless self-parody.

So when Tempest Shadow was juxtaposed with our favorite Cotton Candy lovey-dovey princess, all I can say is I might have a new favorite comic.

I'm reminded of the episode where Twilight & Friends are singing "Best Friends until the end of time" meanwhile Ponyville's on fire and a flash mob of anger-corrupted ponies are chasing around Trixie and Starlight. Or the end of the Frenemies episode where they're like "WHEW! We almost learned something there! That's how they getcha!"

Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-10-30 at 03:53 AM.

I've said before that my favorite thing about MLP is how it can tread the line between being completely genuine and a ruthless self-parody.

So when Tempest Shadow was juxtaposed with our favorite Cotton Candy lovey-dovey princess, all I can say is I might have a new favorite comic.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/6RsXafh.png?1[/IG]

I'm reminded of the episode where Twilight & Friends are singing "Best Friends until the end of time" meanwhile Ponyville's on fire and a flash mob of anger-corrupted ponies are chasing around Trixie and Starlight. Or the end of the Frenemies episode where they're like "WHEW! We almost learned something there! That's how they getcha!"

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/4YS2TJp.png[/IG]
    I found it so odd how she's at the very end during the battle and does nothing. The movie is barely canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I found it so odd how she's at the very end during the battle and does nothing. The movie is barely canon.
    Well without the excuse of expensive voice actors I've been seeing her a lot in the comics. Nightmare Knights, the movie prequel arc was way longer than I expected, and of course that one. Felt like they rounded out the movie characters a bit.

That just leaves MLP main series volume 16...plus however many have released since this last bundle I got. I see Spirits of the Forest, Feats of Friendship, and however many main comic issues are after that volume, which looks to go up to #86 right now. Plus the "season 10" arc whenever that comes out. https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/My_Littl...Magic_(comics)

I've been using "mcomix" to read these in proper two-page spread format instead of scrolling through them like a PDF. Definitely would recommend.

There have been a lot of them but I am going to run out eventually. On the plus side it looks like She-Ra and The Dragon Prince are getting new seasons on Netflix this month, so that'll keep me occupied.

There have been a lot of them but I am going to run out eventually. On the plus side it looks like She-Ra and The Dragon Prince are getting new seasons on Netflix this month, so that'll keep me occupied.
    I only have normal t.v. and miss out on all of those random shows. I can't wait for random channels to pick up Netflix stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still have cable? I think it's funny that certain websites, like Cartoon Network, let you watch shows on there IF you have a cable subscription. it's so weird. Streaming stations should be available for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    People still have cable? I think it's funny that certain websites, like Cartoon Network, let you watch shows on there IF you have a cable subscription. it's so weird. Streaming stations should be available for anyone.
    I have cable and that "if you have cable stream" thing has been a thing since the mid 2000's, never could figure it out.

Honestly I'm not a fan of the streaming business right now, to watch everything you might be interested in you maybe have to spend as much as cable anyways. I know people with 6+ of them between Hulu, Amazon, Disney+, Netflix, and very specific others.