**SPOILERS** The Veil Falls, Ny'Alotha All Around Us

So I've been playing the Dragon Age franchise on the side and **SPOILERS HERE** one the recurring themes is the Fade, a realm outside the inhabited physical one. It is home to the spirits and demons, and occasionally, from time to time rifts, or tears will occur. Allowing access to and from the spiritual plane.

Ny'Alotha falls into the same category as the Fade in my opinion. It's separated from the physical world of Azeroth via a thin veil. And portals or tears can allow corruption (the void) to seep into Azeroth.

From what I understand by reading notes from the 8.3 PTR, N'Zoth is defeated (wow, what a shocker, good writing Blizzard) but that doesn't mean his influence in WoW ends there. Patch notes reveal that currently N'Zoth is working to tear down the veil, and an expansion lead in could be that he succeeds. N'Zoth is noted as being the weakest of the Old Gods, so an expansion set on the resurrection of the surviving Old God souls and the rebirth of the Black Empire, given that now nothing separates us from the infinite realm of the Void seems like a "logical" (I use this word lightly) next step.

Now the matter of the Whispers of Il'Gynoth, the third death of whomever: Sylvanas, Azsahra, or Azeroth herself will help usher in the Black Empire. My bets are on Sylvanas, as she shows up but fails to stab N'Zoth with Xal'Atath and ends up paying for it with his last breath. This, I would suspect would draw us into the whole "Death subplot" as her Master communicates with us and leads us to Helheim or wherever.

So N'Zoth turns out just to be the bottom bitch that's lets the real Old God badasses immerge to kick our asses. Yay or nay?

spoilers? or speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    spoilers? or speculation?
    Did spoil the dragon age franchise for me. I can never read it now that I know what Fade is.

7+ Year Old Account
    what it seems is nyalotha is a place within the shadowlands, those rifts are from the shadowlands, its come void corruption because its coming from an old god.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. we could also call it the upside down right?
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Therevanchist View Post
    So I've been playing the Dragon Age franchise on the side and **SPOILERS HERE** one the recurring themes is the Fade, a realm outside the inhabited physical one. It is home to the spirits and demons, and occasionally, from time to time rifts, or tears will occur. Allowing access to and from the spiritual plane.
    Where's the spoiler? That's the common knowledge version. The truth about the Fade, now that'd be a spoiler.

We'll have to see how the raid ends. It certainly wouldn't be unexpected if N'zoth has some surprises waiting for us and things don't go the way they seem to on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Did spoil the dragon age franchise for me. I can never read it now that I know what Fade is.
    I’m sorry. The spoilers were for what happens in 8.3 datamined ending, that we know of. I still recommend playing dragon age cause the games are so much fun

"N'Zoth is working to tear down the veil, and an expansion lead in could be that he succeeds."

Um

Please fucking no

The visions of N'Zoth that we see in Orgrimmar and Stormwind are just visions, possible futures that N'Zoth hopes to make real. We see major lore characters do very out-of-character things, and it's "okay" because they're not really our characters, theyre from an alternate possible reality.

I do not want another Warlords of Draenor "What If...?" expansion.

Please god fucking no, use the characters we have and show them doing things that actually matter.

Not a spoiler. If you play a mage, you learn this stuff in the prologue of the first game.

Not sure if you're joking but that was a very surface-level description of the fade and how it works exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Not sure how to feel about Ny'Alotha being "all around us" to be honest. It seems a bit too similar to the Emerald Dream.

One of the theorised explanations is that the Emerald Dream is the slumbering Azeroth's dreams, occasionally invaded by nightmares caused by the invasive Old Gods - but then does that make Ny'Alotha just parallel dimension rather than the nightmare opposed to the Emerald Dream? If there is one parallel dimension, why not 2? Why not 50? I feel it starts to get a bit silly when you play with parallel dimension because you can just add more to "deus ex machina" out of or into any new problems you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Neryaf View Post
    If there is one parallel dimension, why not 2? Why not 50? I feel it starts to get a bit silly when you play with parallel dimension because you can just add more to "deus ex machina" out of or into any new problems you need to.
    That's what I dislike with the current story.

Emerald Dream is another dimension, a copy of Azeroth in a pristine state
    Emerald Nighmare is another dimension, a copy of Azeroth in a pristine state but influenced by whatever
    Ny'alotha is another dimension, a copy of Azeroth in a shadowy state
    Shadowlands will probably be another dimension, a copy of Azeroth in a deathy state

Next thing you know is 10.0 being about the Lightlands, a copy of Azeroth in a lighty state

Something boring with parallel dimensions or whatever they're called, is that you travel between them through portals. And I think most of people also prefer down-to-earth stories, instead of slaying multi-dimensional beings like it's nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

Emerald Nighmare is another dimension, a copy of Azeroth in a pristine state but influenced by whatever
    Shadowlands will probably be another dimension, a copy of Azeroth in a deathy state

Next thing you know is 10.0 being about the Lightlands, a copy of Azeroth in a lighty state

Something boring with parallel dimensions or whatever they're called, is that you travel between them through portals. And I think most of people also prefer down-to-earth stories, instead of slaying multi-dimensional beings like it's nothing
    Emerald Nightmare is a corruption of the Emerald Dream. It is not a seperate dimension.

Ny'alotha is not a copy of Azeroth. Besides, it was hinted at before, so it doesn't count as a deus ex machina, either.

If you prefer a down-to-earth story, WarCraft isn't for you. That's not news. Different stories for different people.

10+ Year Old Account

......The Burning Legion established in WCIII were from another realm entirely.... the Lich King with the power of Death, Undeath zombies and all such things not exactly down to earth. Hell even the ORcs came from another world called Draenor which is now Outland a very sci-fi ish world. Also Magic(FANTASY) and fictional creatures.

I dunno what you've been playing for the last 15 years but...Warcraft has kinda always been fantastical.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Myself and 19 others will happily raid this new N'Zoth raid, kill every boss up to N'Zoth himself and when we finally engage with N'Zoth as the final boss of the raid... we will happily turn our backs to him and let him whack us to death if that means that we LOSE this expansion.

Dude...you are going WAYYYY off on a goat trail here. Don't read so much into everything. Why can't you just wrap your head around:

1. All the Old Gods except N'zoth are DEAD dead, right now. Not coming back. Get over it.
    2. N'zoth is THE big bad of this expansion, and we will perma-kill him at the end of this expansion. Get over it.
    3. Sylvanas is going to DIE die either at the end of this xpac or the very beginning of the next one, finally, thankfully. Get over it.
    4. The next xpac will be finally dealing with the last big bads in the universe: the void lords. Get over it.

How can you not see that the WoW team has been rapidly moving toward wrapping up the demise of all of the lore's baddies over the last couple of expansions? There will be no major "gotcha" here. The void lords are the last remaining uber enemies we have yet to defeat. We will defeat them. After that...it's anyone's guess as to the direction the WoW team will want to take the lore. Something completely new, I'm guessing.

Most of these things were established years ago around the time of Warcraft 3 in novels.

They're the same thing. The Nightmare is just the Dream that has been corrupted by Old Gods. You can see the Dream being corrupted in the Dreamway, en route to the Dreamgrove. One section is corrupted, and later on in the raid it's the location of the Nightmare Dragons fight.

The Shadowlands exist on every world, not just Azeroth - we go there every time we die. So, we've been to the Shadowlands on Outland, Draenor, Mac'Aree, and every other planet/plane that we've seen. Ny'alotha seems to be an Old God version of that.

The Light is a thing, with it's own realm, like the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Neryaf View Post
    Not sure how to feel about Ny'Alotha being "all around us" to be honest. It seems a bit too similar to the Emerald Dream.

One of the theorised explanations is that the Emerald Dream is the slumbering Azeroth's dreams, occasionally invaded by nightmares caused by the invasive Old Gods - but then does that make Ny'Alotha just parallel dimension rather than the nightmare opposed to the Emerald Dream? If there is one parallel dimension, why not 2? Why not 50? I feel it starts to get a bit silly when you play with parallel dimension because you can just add more to "deus ex machina" out of or into any new problems you need to.
    Well there have also been the Elemental Planes, Helheim, Halls of Valor, Twilight Realm, and tons of other pocket dimensions like Akazamzarak's Hat and the Dragonshrines under Wyrnrest. They've all been part of WoW's lore for a long time. Many of these are tied directly to Azeroth (like the Emerald Dream), and others are tied to all realms (like the Shadowlands).
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.