Poll: Do you want Heritage Weapons?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Heritage Weapons

I know some races still don't have their heritage armor and I agree this should be the priority before introducing something like heritage weapons. But would you actually appreciate this?

I 100% would. Choosing the right matching weapon to your armor is my biggest issue with the heritage armors (some of the armors not having the non-robe option is the second).

Each race (at least the core ones) would get a set of appearances (matching the heritage armor of course) for every type of weapon (1H axe, 2H axe, Bow, Crossbow, Dagger, Fist weapon, Gun, 1H mace, 2H mace, Polearm, Stave, 1H sword, 2H sword, Thrown weapon, Wand, Warglaive).

Yes it would take the art team a big amount of time but it would be so worthy!

What do you think? Share your thoughts!
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

I was thinking about this the other day tbh, same goes for mounts.

This would certainly add a lot of options but it would be time consuming on the art team. Options are always good but I don't see it happening in the near future. When we are on the topic of heritage stuff I think they should add some vareity to the heritage armors, each one should have 2 or 3 different color variants and alternate versions of certain items like robe and tunic version or gnome goggles up and down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering they already have some of them as we have seen with the Darkiron Dwarves and all the awesome Nightborne weapons in Suramar, I would say yes please.

I would say taurens(HM and normal) have the hardest time finding weapons that fit their style. I know of only a handful of tauren style weapons; mace from Outland, sunwalker sword and a some items from the Argent Tournament I believe? I guess the survival hunter spear counts as well.

Honestly surprised we didn't get heritage weapons with the armor. So yea, I'm definately in support of this.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Yes, please!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    I think they should add some vareity to the heritage armors, each one should have 2 or 3 different color variants
    That's a 5 minutes work. Some armors already have a second color option in the files. At least the Nightborne do. I think that Mag'har, so far, are the only race that got more than one option, right? They got three color variations depending on their clan. Don't know why they didn't already implement this.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-10-15 at 06:51 PM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    All races already have a race mount unless I'm missing something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Honestly surprised we didn't get heritage weapons with the armor. So yea, I'm definately in support of this.
    Some races even have them in the game files, and are used on NPCs.

The very first couple things we ever datamined from the first couple of ARs was a Velf shield, sword, off-hand and nightborne sword, staff.

Dark irons have their own weapons as well.
    Badass looking weapons we don't have access to.

Formerly known as Arafal

The weird thing is that there's a TON of racial weapons in the files that never got used. In some cases, not even by NPCs.

There's weapons for dark irons, void elves and nightborne that match their heritage armor.

As well as some other racial weapons added over the years.

Not to mention the unused WotLK weaponry recolors.

Why Blizzard adds these models and never uses them is a mystery.
    Whatever...

Once everyone has armor, I bet we will get heritage weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    All races already have a race mount unless I'm missing something.
    Yes, they do but look at their quality. But who knows at some point they might receive an update.

I wouldnt mind if blizz told me that once i have my heritage armor i get to do 3 different type of mage tower fights to unlock spec wise weaps!

3+ Year Old Account
    If they already have some of them in the files I think it's safe to speculate they will be arriving next expansion for every race. They didn't implement them because they likely needed to take the heritage weapons off the BFA workload. This is further substantiated by the fact that assuredly more resources had to be put into fixing BFA itself, and as a result heritage weapons had to be delayed. I wouldn't be surprised if they were a part of the 9.0 announcement though.

Sure, why not? This is an MMO. More customization should always be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The weird thing is that there's a TON of racial weapons in the files that never got used. In some cases, not even by NPCs.

There's weapons for dark irons, void elves and nightborne that match their heritage armor.

As well as some other racial weapons added over the years.

Not to mention the unused WotLK weaponry recolors.

Why Blizzard adds these models and never uses them is a mystery.
    Blood elfs also have updated weapons and shields to match the heritage set. Some of the weapons from the second post became the level boost weapons (gnome/human staff).
    Its one thing to give important npcs unique armor and to create new sets/weapons, but why can't we use the things in game that are clearly designed as parts of the set?
    lacking transmog options are just another point that can be added to the lacking customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Yes, they do but look at their quality. But who knows at some point they might receive an update.
    I definitely wouldn't mind updated undead mount quality. They are my favorite mount still, just don't look as good as all the new ones.

I've always wanted more racial goodies. I remember back in WOTLK how excited I was when we got the racial items from the trial of the crusader (tabards, banners, pets, etc). I would love for them to add more racial mogs of both weps and armour. Would be nice if they were unique to the races too. A bonus to being that race and that would also allow them to design with that race in mind rather than making a set based to fit on humans like so many of the other sets to.
    We could have special racial world quests if they continue. or racial questlines, challenges like mage tower, etc. Hell, would be nice if we had some tied to our rep with our own faction and perhaps there would be a special currency we could save up to spend on those items. It would give us something to do in the world outside of the usual dungeons, raids, pvp, etc.
    Let my cries chill the living...

Yes, but I'm okay with getting the armor first and the weapons down the line after we get all the armor. Also agree with others about updated racial mounts for some of the base races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I know some races still don't have their heritage armor and I agree this should be the priority before introducing something like heritage weapons. But would you actually appreciate this?

I 100% would. Choosing the right matching weapon to your armor is my biggest issue with the heritage armors (some of the armors not having the non-robe option is the second).

Each race (at least the core ones) would get a set of appearances (matching the heritage armor of course) for every type of weapon (1H axe, 2H axe, Bow, Crossbow, Dagger, Fist weapon, Gun, 1H mace, 2H mace, Polearm, Stave, 1H sword, 2H sword, Thrown weapon, Wand, Warglaive).

Yes it would take the art team a big amount of time but it would be so worthy!

What do you think? Share your thoughts!
    Totally agree, and the inconsistency irks me. We have races like Nightborne that have a full arsenal of weapons in the game, but the player does not get access to them.

Meanwhile, Lightforged Draenei effectively get a set with the Argus meta, there are tons of great mechagnome/gnome weapons in Mechagon and its corresponding dungeon, and Kul Tirans/Zandalari get decent looking weapons in the way of BFA greens/dungeon drops.

And orcs/humans/Night elves/Forsaken all have great gear from the warfronts.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing Blizzard, everything blueish with eagles or lions for the Alliance