Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cool The future of Allied Races

So up until now I'm sure a lot of us thought that allied races were only limited to recolored skins of already pre established races which sucked but was fair so that neither faction would get a new race... Enter the Vulpera, I'm actually really confused by this move as it is the first new race "allied race", which I'm sure already has the alliance mad. The Horde gets a brand new race and the Alliance gets mecha gnomes which are just normal gnomes with a few extra customization options.

Any who, now that we know allied races are not just limited to re-skins what do you guys think the final allied race will be?

To clarify, I am not talking about reused rigs/skeletons. This is about RACE. I do not care if Vulpera use the Goblin rig/skeleton, they are still a new RACE. Kul tirans are still HUMAN.
    Last edited by HoodKazekage; 2019-10-31 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoodKazekage View Post
    So up until now I'm sure a lot of us thought that allied races were only limited to recolored skins of already pre established races which sucked but was fair so that neither faction would get a new race... Enter the Vulpera, I'm actually really confused by this move as it is the first new race "allied race", which I'm sure already has the alliance mad. The Horde gets a brand new race and the Alliance gets mecha gnomes which are just normal gnomes with a few extra customization options.

Any who, now that we know allied races are not just limited to re-skins what do you guys think the final allied race will be?

Horde: Light Undead

Alliance: Draconic Men from the Dragon Isles that use the Worgen rig. (Lost alliance soldiers who were changed by the magics of the isles) channeling my inner Metzen here.

Pre bonus races for 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    No. Can we please not have the lame gold eye reskin? We should get Sanlayn.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    They are evil! you will have light undead uther!

what gold eye reskin? Sanlyan would have worked as the belf AR if the belf AR didnt go alliance and nightborne went alliance over horde as the nelf AR.

To be fair, blizzard had even stated prior that it wasn't limited to just "re-skins". Also to that end, the Kul Tirans are there own model, sure they are just fat humans but they are there own model/rig as far as I am aware. While the Vulpera are a unique appearance but share the skeleton with the goblins (with some modifications to add some new animations.)

As for the question, I honestly don't know who could be viable in blizzards eyes. Personal desire though, I'd love to see them add Eradar just because I want a "Draenei" warlock. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

But the Forsaken already do have golden eyes. If anything - they should add just few more customization options similar to golden eyes for Blood Elves and black eyes for Night Elves.

But yeah Sanlayn would be so much better.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by HoodKazekage View Post
    Enter the Vulpera, I'm actually really confused by this move as it is the first new race "allied race"
    I thought the Vulpera were reskinned Goblins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antixmother View Post
    You’re missing the point. Vulpera use the goblin skeleton as their starting point, no doubt, where they differ is that they aren’t related to Goblins in any sense, which is a departure of existing ARs.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I don't under stand what's so hard to grasp. Obviously the vulpera have created an "imbalance" between horde and alliance races. Logically this means that alliance will get a worgen rig using AR in the future. Not hard to predict...

7+ Year Old Account
    In the future of Allied races I can see Vrykul...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

First of all, skin is a texture. Second, vulpera models are in fact based on the goblin model but were heavily edited, received new animations and the same goes for mechagnomes. And finally, what does an appearance have to do with that? @HoodKazekage is just trying to say that Vulpera are the first race that isn't in fact just another subrace/offshoot of an already existing core race, but a completely new race that isn't lorewise tied to any of the other playable races.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-10-15 at 11:20 PM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post

Alliance: Draconic Men from the Dragon Isles that use the Worgen rig. (Lost alliance soldiers who were changed by the magics of the isles) channeling my inner Metzen here.

Pre bonus races for 9.0.
    Reading this made me think maybe the "Kyrian" from the shadowlands leak are this race using the worgen model

Well I'm saying that the Vulpera are the first NEW RACE (not talking about rig/skeleton) and are not just an expanding on an already existing core race.

I have faith in the future of allied races. Now that it seems we could potentially be revisiting the old world (judging by the Bolvar Fordragon leaked cinematic screenshot), we may finally get those allied races and subraces we've requested long ago. I don't see them coming out as frequently, but I don't think this system is going away anytime soon. I remain optimistic and hopeful that we will one day get to play "already established" allied races.

Blizzard said anything with 2 legs is up for a chance to make it as an AR, it's just up to how the community responds. The only rule officially stated is "2 legs", and the general rule seems to be that Allied Race = Re-uses skeletons/animations, New Race = New Skeleton/animations. Which isn't even a good general rule because Kul'Tirans have unique skeletons and animations akin to a new race.

15+ Year Old Account
    Red eyed nightelf forsaken

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    the Kul Tirans are there own model, sure they are just fat humans but they are there own model/rig as far as I am aware.
    They use pandaren rig and animations.

Nightborne kinda disproved allied races being necessarily just recolors already, not to mention Zandalari and Kultirans; the former has a lot of unique animations, the latter is a completely unique rig

I would want the Allied races to be removed on 9.0.

The main point of them was recruiting them for the Alliance-Horde war and being a feature of BfA. With BfA gone, they would feel... pointless, and even cringy.

Of course, players who unlocked them can keep them... Im sure a majority of players will disagree with me, but lets be realistic, whats the place of Highmountain Taurens, Void Elves, Lightforged Draenei, Vulperas or Kul Tirans on 9.0? I excluded the other races because they would make sense, even the awfully looking mechagnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    They use pandaren rig and animations.
    No? They're their own skeleton.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing