Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not at all!

I was part of the original vanilla-crowd back in 2007 when it was called "pre-TBC" servers. Even making posts on the forum about it and how it should return (due to spacegoats )

Classic just came 5-6 years too late for me, by now I've played on several private servers clearing most content on several characters, and the drive just isn't there anymore. I got to start farming pre-bis and do Molten Core but I just don't find any pleasure it the game anymore.

Classic has ironically driven me towards retail which I enjoy very much. Much, much prefer the raiding in retail to classic.

Got to level 14. I'm stopping there and waiting to see if they release TBC. Classic just isn't a very good game.

my condolences, stuck in 2005. iam not, and never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    play a bear, best tank for 5mans.
    oomkins are really the only spec people avoid for group content. i keep up with dps very well with my kitty and do far better single target boss dmg than several other 'popular' specs.
    Yeah I was deep cat then hybrid cat bear. It was great for pve but it feels terrible in pvp (i am on a big pvp server) while doing great as oomkin farming mages, hunters, rogues wars and co.

Just curious: Did you go deep cat and sacrificed rage on crit talent for imp shred? (Cat 14/32/5) because dps wise I found hybrid cat (claw cat) pretty bad. Got only good result as shred / powershift heavy build. The rage on crit seem mandatory for bear tanking though. So I wonder what you sacrificed for 2/2 imp shred.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Have a 60 priest who I put a lot of time into running dungeons at 60, but now a little bored of her so moved onto a 40 mage. Also have 22 paladin, 19 warrior and several others (warlock, druid) at 10+. I would like to play warrior tank, but solo levelling is very hard and boring. May have to spam dungeons!

Nah... my nostalgia carried me to lvl 34 before I realised how poorly optimised it is. Ridiculously bad leveling optimisation and design generally speaking.

It was fun back in the days when you didnt know better but classic is like leaving your 2019 car for a motorwagen anno 1886.

Sure.. it has its charm but its shit compared to your 2019 car design and system wise.

But hey. If you're into that old piece of shit then by all means drive it.

As long as we all are having fun then what's there to argue about?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting more and more into it.

the first 30 or so levels I no-lifed and went super fast, but then real life interfered and I got behind the curve, and 30-42 went super slow.
    Got back on track, and since 42 I've been getting really addicted again. Just hit 55 yesterday and did BRD/UBRS for onyxia attunement. Can't wait to be 60 and start gearing up.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Nope, I actually quit after lvl 31. My sub ran out on the 26th 1 month after launch and I haven't played since. I just don't have the time or care anymore to invest like that. I played vanilla wow-wotlk hardcore (started 2006, went hard from 2006-2009) when I was 15 years old. I still have fond memories and don't really care to relive it again. Also I have less time than I did back then so I know it won't even feel the same to me either. I just watch some people stream it on twitch when I want some nostalgia.

I'm glad you are able to get addicted again, wow is a fun time sink. You playing 16hrs a day reminds me of when I played 10-12hrs a day back in the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    over 22 days played... No
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

hell nah. haven't even logged into retail for 2 months.

well, once, when the worgen updates were released. never again
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. I am addicted to watching streamers play Classic while I'm at work (Asmongold and Staysafe, among others). But I have NO time to play Classic the way I did back in 2005/2006. If I were to play, it would take me months of agony and wouldn't be fun. So I'll stick with Retail, where I feel I get more results for my time spent.

I am 37 warrior and I am excited of this game. I can put only ~2 hrs (almost) every day, because adult life takes its toll, but still I enjoy this trip a lot.
    Don't know what to do at level 60 though, since I won't be able to put like 3-5 hrs at once to go into raids, and it seems I will have to limit myself at Strat/DM/UBRS level of play. Still good enough if you're 35 years old

Not at all, but I do enjoy it a lot. My rogue is only nearly 38. Doing too much WPvP.

I am happy with the game so far, partially addicted but now that I am sixty I can take a bit of a break and wait for my friends to max out and help them.

I have been playing a tank Shaman and still going strong with max level dungeons, don't even need CC for any pulls with a 25 percent dodge haha. Also from the info I was reading it turns out there was never guaranteed way to fully avoid crushing blows without the abuse of pushing your total mitigation past 100 with shield block or similar effects and that is only for a short window which would push the blow off the table temporarily.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2019-10-16 at 02:14 PM.

I was never really addicted to WoW, even back in 2005 I played in moderation and got to do plenty of other games and IRL stuff. If anything I was more addicted to WC3 because I could play custom games for hours straight while in WoW I'd get bored a lot faster. I still love playing the game but its not taking over my life or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Nope...

I have little time for classic these days, as I predicted last year, and I'm still not max level... Things are different than they were 15 years ago. Got a full time job, bills to pay a house to keep and a beautiful partner to love... WoW classic isnt on my list of priorities right now

15 years ago, I had only a small part time job while studying at a student at a university, living with my parents, no girlfriend, no worries or bills to pay outside of paying my keep. Plenty of time for 24 hour games of WoW.

But I am enjoying WoW: Classic at my own pace.
    Same boat man, I JUST hit lvl 32.

With all the other shit that I need to focus on, every time I log on WoW it feels like succumbing to a guilty pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    So, I guess I am. I already have two 60's - a Priest and a Mage. The Priest is in pre-raid BiS, the Mage is on its way there. And I'm leveling a Hunter who is 34 so far.

I don't even know what it is, but I've been playing so much since release that I don't even know if I'm having fun anymore. It feels more like a habit than anything else. I haven't been bored once so far and I could probably level all classes to 60 and get their BiS without ever feeling even slightly bored. I don't care about raiding, but I can just play the rest of the game 16 hours a day and don't even feel the urge to do anything else.

I guess I'm addicted to Classic. How about you?
    Look here all! I found the guy from the Southpark episode!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    So, I guess I am. I already have two 60's - a Priest and a Mage. The Priest is in pre-raid BiS, the Mage is on its way there. And I'm leveling a Hunter who is 34 so far.

I don't even know what it is, but I've been playing so much since release that I don't even know if I'm having fun anymore. It feels more like a habit than anything else. I haven't been bored once so far and I could probably level all classes to 60 and get their BiS without ever feeling even slightly bored. I don't care about raiding, but I can just play the rest of the game 16 hours a day and don't even feel the urge to do anything else.

I guess I'm addicted to Classic. How about you?
    Nope. I got a Shaman to 60 by 2nd week which was actually quite fun but than realized what am I doing this for, the content is a joke so prepping is a waste of time. I almost convinced myself to stay because Resto at 60 is much more fun than the trash Enhance 10-59 but still lost out in the end.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I am and I knew I was going to be.

Played a shedload for the first six weeks or so, then got distracted back to retail to finish up Vulpera rep in advance of 8.3, and now I'm addicted to doing all the things in retail I haven't done yet. Might even unlock flying for the first time in a "pathfinder" expansion...

Will probably go back to Classic at some point when retail gets boring and/or overwhelming. The two game versions counterpoint each other very well.

Classic is beautifully simple and rough (grindy), and retail is so rich so it feels good to move from one to the other in either direction after playing for a while.