Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The AP grind was designed as a solution to people crying that there was nothing to do in WoD. If you remove it, you get WoD 2.0. Either there is an end game grind or you get WoD. Choose one. You cant say no to both.

You are either going to get people crying there is nothing to do or people crying about a grind. People will cry either way so crying is pointless.
    M+ already fixed that issue now remove ap.

i would not like to see it thank you very much

I would like to see something in WoW that is similar to GW2's Mastery progression system.

Masteries in GW2 are tied to secondary effects that aren't generally just straight stat boosts. For example, Masteries in Core Tyria aim at allowing you to unlock autoloot, faster run speed within cities, legendary crafting mechanics, and so on. Masteries in Expansion 1 aim at allowing you to unlock the gliding mechanic and other various mechanics in the expansion content zones, and Masteries in Expansion 2 aim at improving and unlocking mounts and mount abilities, such as jumping further on raptors and stamina regeneration as a cooldown you can press while you're on your mount. And then, once you've unlocked all of those masteries, every level thereafter in that particular content area will award you a crafting material that's used in legendary crafting.

I think something like this would be beneficial in WoW. It's a secondary leveling system that adds flavor, rather than power. And after all of the flavor is unlocked, levels thereafter should grant other things, such as emissary-like boxes another poster mentioned. Something that can contain money, materials, rep tokens for reps you have unlocked at exalted, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The AP grind allows those that want to put the time and effort into the game to get more power with more effort. With the AK system, it allows everyone else to feasible catch up over time to where not only the gap between players who put in effort and those who don't shrinks, but also everyone eventually ends up at the same power level over time. That by itself isn't a bad thing.

The issue comes with the layering of systems that individually may seems solid but overlapping cause conflicts or unintended consequences. For example, when it comes to our artifact items, what's the difference between Legion and BfA? It's the relic/trait system and power/essence system. In Legion, the amount of effort to unlock all your traits on your weapon was pretty easy, and the main time sink was the "endless" trait that gave you an increasing proc buff. The relic/Azerite power systems are pretty analogous, especially during Argus and the trait trees on relics and their potentially power imbalances. In BfA, leveling your neck unlocks not only Azerite powers on your armor but also essence slots... and probably what's eating most people is that essences are a separate grind of their own. Now this wouldn't be much of an issue if the power supplied by essences was rather limited even by ranks, but the power increases are so huge in some cases that w/o proper essences at rank 3 you don't feel like you're a complete class. This is where alts come into play and why people feel BfA isn't really alt friendly (especially compared to Legion): instead of just one grind you need to perform multiple grinds on an alt, one of which does not have any sort of catch-up mechanic.

In an effort to keep this post as short as possible, I'll just leave that sentiment at that, although there are other facets just on those two systems alone and many more possibilities to consider when you layer in other systems in the game. My general point is this: the AP system by itself isn't bad, the layering and interaction of multiple systems is what drives people to love or loathe systems.
    Absolutely. It also pretty much killed Island expeditions.

10/10 it is gonna be a ring or trinket

I'm just sad they didn't take the opportunity of the Heart of Azeroth to implement Necklace transmog with several skins akin to the Artifact Weapon system

both versions of ap was implemented as a threadmill. Wich exponential increases for each level, effectivly locking players progress behind gated "ap increases".

I have no problem grinding things, ive probobly done well over 1000islands during this expansion just to reach some desirable level fast enough.
    What i do despise however is that my progress isnt dictated by the amount of grind i do, but instead by this weekly system of exponentially decrease the farm needed...

Blizzard really needs to stop trying to control players progress. They need to let go of the reigns and let players play at whatever pace the want. I feel like i have this big rubberband tied around me, pulling me back harder and harder the more i try to get ahead, and its a really awful feeling, like trying to fight the tide of the oscean...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they keep an AP system. I always like systems that allow me to further Character Progression outside of purely Gear.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Blizzard really needs to stop trying to control players progress. They need to let go of the reigns and let players play at whatever pace the want. I feel like i have this big rubberband tied around me, pulling me back harder and harder the more i try to get ahead, and its a really awful feeling, like trying to fight the tide of the oscean...
    Protip: Everytime Blizzard has allowed unrestricted grinding if only for a little bit of Power, they instantly had all the no-lifing idiots of the World start crying that they were required/forced to play all the time or they'd fall behind too much.

The "activity" Cap is essentially Blizzard giving no-lifers a barrier since they lack the restraint to control themselves.

AP for mounts, skill trees for mounts, mounted combat. No Artifact mounts, you just use your favorite mount - unless you're a min/maxer then you complain because you "have to" use mount X which you hate but it gives you the best dps/hps/survivability.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Remove AP system, bring back Tier sets, bring back class balance in terms of pvp, bring back class identity, bring back class quests like mage tower in Legion or like WW Axe weapon quest in Vanilla, that much difficulties what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I want it gone I don’t need an annoying grind.
    Amen brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Protip: Everytime Blizzard has allowed unrestricted grinding if only for a little bit of Power, they instantly had all the no-lifing idiots of the World start crying that they were required/forced to play all the time or they'd fall behind too much.

The "activity" Cap is essentially Blizzard giving no-lifers a barrier since they lack the restraint to control themselves.
    Only complete retards cry because they have content to play.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Remove AP + Mission Table

MoPs/WoD model was better imho, with Legendary Back/Ring

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    How would you like to see the AP system moving forward?
    I wouldn't. It sucks. Especially if you leave and then come back. In Legion, it wasn't so bad. At some point you would get max almost instantly. Before that though, changing specs was an absolute nightmare. I did it on my hunter. Twice. I went melee, and got to max. Found out it sucked for raids. Went ranged. Had that spec nerfed into oblivion. Changed again. That is when I quit. If you didn't have the golden talents, you were behind and it was obvious.

Now, its those traits on the heart. Don't have high enough rank for that? Good luck. Worst part, the catch up sucks and doesn't change much.

It needs to be gone. Its too powerful and makes you feel like you need to log in every day or youll be left behind.

Sound familiar? It should. Blizzard got rid of some things specifically stating that they didn't want us to feel that way. Now, they are pushing us to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Two expansions of AP is two too many. No more artifacts or slots like HoA again. Just regular gear all around. If they want some huge grind or somesuch, then do something entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    I rather have a grind to chase all over the xpack than getting all reps to exalted and then waiting for the raid day /yawn

The only thing i would accept over a "artifact grind" would be if blizzard add an absurd amount of toy/mounts/mogs that need a special currency to buy them and said currency shouldnt be tied only to pvp.

And keep adding them over the patches , not something that you could be done over in 2-3 months and go back to waiting for raid days/weekly m+ run for the chest.
    You are the problem with the game. Can't pace yourself, so everybody else suffers because of that. You are a detriment to the game.

MoP/WoD model was the best. Regular gear + a stage legendary system, where you get the best version of it at the end of the expansion. You have to do some content to keep it going, but not an additional grind that spans forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    D3's paragon system to me would be the best
    You have no fucking idea what you're even talking about. That would be the worst thing to come to WoW, ever. Jesus fucking christ, that would be like a hundred times worse than Legion at the start of the expansion with AP and dogshit RNG Legiondaries.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2019-10-16 at 09:04 AM.

It will be called a Soul Lantern. It will have one exponential soft cap per patch and won't take up an equipment slot. Like essences, you choose one active ability and two passive ones. The collected souls will empower the main ability only, increasing its damage/healing. Abilities have no ranks and will be available from the beginning as guaranteed drops from specific world bosses or 5-man dungeons.

I am not sure I want it gone.

The community keeps wishing for things but in a lot of cases regrets it later. Like "remove Legendaries", now we have no legendaries dropping anymore and many players, myself included are quite bored when we gear a character to a certain point, because we do not participate in as many activities as in Legion, where you pretty much needed to do everything to increase your chance for that one legendary to drop. This did of course cause some frustration, but it did make people want to log in and play at least.

If we remove the AP grind and as some others call the Rep grind too, why would we be loging in every day, why would we even have Emissaries, nobody would do them anymore. There is only so much raiding and m+ you can do a week before your brain starts to melt, so without these features that essentially make us play I think we'd be back to WoD, sitting in our Garrison doing nothing.

I would like to see it gone, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If anything , I would prefer TF, leech and random sockets to go first. One endless grind is enough, no need for two separate systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    AP doesn't really bother me (go play a real grinder MMO and then watch as you rush back to WoW with open arms) but it really needs to be account-wide next time so people can appreciate alts more without being slogged down with heaping layers of annoyances that weren't there before Legion. Essences, I'm looking at you.

You can leave the option there for the complete dipshit masochists that like repeating that kind of shit.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!