Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Just tell them to fuck off and mind your own business. It always works.
    I put them on my friends list with enemy notations about why I don’t like them. Then when I’m in the same zone I satirize their bullshit just to screw with them.

I make my own fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by berkwaz View Post
    Doing murkdeep quest on my lock. I’m killing Murlocks and a hunter comes along and is killing crabs. He actually waits until I’m fighting the last wave and tags murkdeep as he comes out of the water. I throw an invite and he ignores it. This happened two more times. Unbelievable! I still run into cool players that are helpful etc but I’m running into a lot of retail players too. Reminds me of why I stopped playing retail.

Some pie ole do that shit in purpose just to be dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Make your own group. Find a group of like geared people. Work on rebuilding the community of Vanilla that everyone remembers loving and stated it never mattered what you played.
    based and classicpilled
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    You go play with the casuals. What is the issue here? Dont join my groups and make a casual group for your views.
    It's funny to me how someone playing wow classic calls others "casuals" like it's a insult or something. Vanilla was designed for casuals, trying to ostracize casuals from classic is futile, and thinking that you are a different shade of casual, because you think that ret is "WORTHLESS" during 30 seconds fights in MC... well, you are just being delusional. Sure, they won't pad their DPS to 2k burst, but who cares if you filled last 3 slots with ret paladins who'll at least put 2 handers to some use, it's very easy to pull 300+ DPS as a ret paladin in MC, which is passable DPS for this raid...

Anyone is useful when you do MC in 1.12 gear.

It's also hilarious that thinking that HoJ goes to "warrior/rogues" before anyone else somehow magically makes you not a casual. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well it was a nice 1 month of playing before the inevitable "OmG WhY Do YoU pLaY X SpEc ThIs CoNtEnT iS So hard and needs to be no lifed in 2019 WiTh pERfect BiS cOMP!!"

Also the fact if you're not decked out in tier1 already you're a noob.

Guess what, some people prefer the journey not the destination and actually work now.

Enjoy loot dramas over MC for the next few months while blizz drag their feet to get those subs for quarterly reports and you cant even BG to at least do something outside of the gear grind.
    something tells me, you would have been involved in some MC loot drama. But luckily you stopped playing, thank god.

There are some groups that get pretty bad at it, but if you look there are still good fun groups lurking around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that not many of them were gear checks either. They were "do you know which buttons to press" checks. Now that everyone does know which buttons to press, these bosses are going to drop like flies regardless of gear.
    Hardest part of Grobb in naxx for our guild was "lets hope that stinged dude isn't DCed this time".
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Well it was a nice 1 month of playing before the inevitable "OmG WhY Do YoU pLaY X SpEc ThIs CoNtEnT iS So hard and needs to be no lifed in 2019 WiTh pERfect BiS cOMP!!"

Guess what, some people prefer the journey not the destination and actually work now.

Enjoy loot dramas over MC for the next few months while blizz drag their feet to get those subs for quarterly reports and you cant even BG to at least do something outside of the gear grind.
    What does how other people play the game affect you? If you're letting other people ruin your fun then I think that's entirely on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Johnson PI View Post
    By choosing to bring your experimental off-meta build into a group that's serious about progression
    That's an oxymoron, a "group that's serious about progression" isn't going to: 1) invite people from LFG; 2) invite moonkins; 3) invite moonkins from LFG
    so all complaints about a moonkin in the "group that's serious about progression" shoulnd't exist in a "group that's serious about progression", because a "group that's serious about progression" is automatically stops being a "group that's serious about progression" after inviting a moonkin from LFG and becomes a "random PUG fir shits and giggles", at which point literally ANYTHING is up to a discussion.
    And considering low difficulty - your average moonkin dude won't hold anyone back in your dungeon. A mage dying ONCE in your dungeon because he overaggroed or tank got *RESIST* *MISS* *MISS* *DODGE* *PARRY* and then mage overaggroed and everyone else in your party were supriced by that and a mob instagibbed said mage with a single crushing crit will hold your team back more than having a moonkin instead of that mage, especially when you include the extra waiting time for that mage to appear in your l33t group in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    In 2005 most people didn't know how bad most specs were. A lot of them didn't even have damage meters.
    Most ppl DID know their spec/class was bad BUT why abandon it immediately for a lot of gold? Chances were the spec would get buffed in the next patch / wednesday reset

I really like Classic but at the same time I kinda don't. I haven't played retail in almost 3 years so I was pretty excited about Classic and now I've hit level 60 I think I'm done.

I've just been having a hard time trying to do anything tbh and I'm not really playing anything that's considered off meta. Just last night trying to create a group for Scholomance it took 50 minutes and the only tank to whisper me was level 58. I was fine with that, he was well geared and had done it before but our healer just refused to go and left the group.... ofc the LFG chat is dead so I wasted more time flying back to a city to find someone else. This was prime time on Pyrewood and the server was displaying as 'full'. I just don't have the time anymore to spend hours making groups, the time getting to an instance and then actually doing it.

It's been great seeing the game as it was, levelling a character to 60 etc but all its done is highlight how broken a lot of the game actually is. I want to love it but I just can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukazor View Post
    I really like Classic but at the same time I kinda don't. I haven't played retail in almost 3 years so I was pretty excited about Classic and now I've hit level 60 I think I'm done.

I've just been having a hard time trying to do anything tbh and I'm not really playing anything that's considered off meta. Just last night trying to create a group for Scholomance it took 50 minutes and the only tank to whisper me was level 58. I was fine with that, he was well geared and had done it before but our healer just refused to go and left the group.... ofc the LFG chat is dead so I wasted more time flying back to a city to find someone else. This was prime time on Pyrewood and the server was displaying as 'full'. I just don't have the time anymore to spend hours making groups, the time getting to an instance and then actually doing it.

It's been great seeing the game as it was, levelling a character to 60 etc but all its done is highlight how broken a lot of the game actually is. I want to love it but I just can't.
    Your LFG channel is empty? My server had been flooded with Brazilians. Then they had transfers off where a sizeable portion of American players left. Then Blizzard gave a transfer off for Brazilians. So now Thalnos has a high pop mixture. Our LFG channel is constantly spammed and we haven't been a "full" server in weeks. Maybe your server is using the ClassicLFG addon or isn't aware of LFG? Granted, tanks are always in high demand. So I wouldn't say you should feel so surprised at that. As DPS on retail, you can wait just as long for a group to pop if you're unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by mike39911 View Post
    something tells me, you would have been involved in some MC loot drama. But luckily you stopped playing, thank god.
    I don't really give a shit about loot but thanks for assuming shit on the Internet. We def need more of that

I haven't experienced this at all in game. Sorry your server is full of assholes I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

He's exaggerating, I was level 58 in blues/greens getting begged to come to MC. There's no elitism, the "elites" know how piss easy this content is.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Your LFG channel is empty? My server had been flooded with Brazilians. Then they had transfers off where a sizeable portion of American players left. Then Blizzard gave a transfer off for Brazilians. So now Thalnos has a high pop mixture. Our LFG channel is constantly spammed and we haven't been a "full" server in weeks. Maybe your server is using the ClassicLFG addon or isn't aware of LFG? Granted, tanks are always in high demand. So I wouldn't say you should feel so surprised at that. As DPS on retail, you can wait just as long for a group to pop if you're unlucky.
    I guess the big difference is on retail you can continue to farm/quest etc while waiting for the queue to pop. If you're the group leader in Classic then you have no choice but to hang on in a city spamming LFM in chat. And yeah the LFG chat was dead, no idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I work but I was still raiding Naxx40 on pservers and master on league, not like you don't need to work to achieve things in a video game lmao

Also who cares what someone says to you over the internet.
    This. People think that they're a shitter because they have to work or have a family or whatever. They are shitters because they are shit. I've got plenty of people on my retail server raiding in a world20 something guild with 25 hours raid weeks. These are adult men, with families and shit. Difference is, they have their lives in order. They have time for their family life and the game, and raiding at that level requires more time spent in the game than vanilla does.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's funny to me how someone playing wow classic calls others "casuals" like it's a insult or something. Vanilla was designed for casuals, trying to ostracize casuals from classic is futile, and thinking that you are a different shade of casual, because you think that ret is "WORTHLESS" during 30 seconds fights in MC... well, you are just being delusional. Sure, they won't pad their DPS to 2k burst, but who cares if you filled last 3 slots with ret paladins who'll at least put 2 handers to some use, it's very easy to pull 300+ DPS as a ret paladin in MC, which is passable DPS for this raid...

Anyone is useful when you do MC in 1.12 gear.

It's also hilarious that thinking that HoJ goes to "warrior/rogues" before anyone else somehow magically makes you not a casual. Weird.
    HoJ is much better for say a warrior than a hunter. If you roll vs a warrior or rogue for HoJ as as a class that gets less benefit you are a dirtbag. The end. I dont have to deal with it I make my own groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you gave zero real examples, and obviously strawmanned these supposed elitists makes me think you're the problem, and that you're perceiving genuine criticism as elitists ruining your day. Presumably after you severely limited them in some way.
    In my pugs, people who play irregular specs tend to be viewed with excitement and intrigue, because its not the same comp as usual. But if you're just terrible, and making constant mistakes then ofc people aren't going to want to go along with "playing the game like you want to".

Quote Originally Posted by ihate2beapessimist View Post
    He's exaggerating, I was level 58 in blues/greens getting begged to come to MC. There's no elitism, the "elites" know how piss easy this content is.
    Is that why they require minmaxed specs and comps, all the consumables and all the world buffs to do content that's essentially LFR difficulty?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding the longer the game goes on the more pleasant instances are becoming as the "elitists" move on.

No more...
    "What? not lvl 60 and you want to do Strat? Sry, You're too low... kick"
    "What? You're shadow spec and want to heal!!!... kick"
    "What?? You're not prot spec and want to tank!!!... kick"

No more, rush rush rush trying to avoid every single pack in the dungeon if remotely possible. "No we don't neeeeed to kill that pack", as it proceeds to wipe the group 3 times over.", party disbands.