Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    "Delver of Shadows" - this sounds so silly. I even had to look up what that word means, that alone pretty much rules out the expansion title.

... You had to stop and look up delve?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t give a shit what the story is. I’d just like to see an Alliance AR that interests me. Naga, Sethrak, Drakonid, Saurok, some thing fucking different than a slight variation from the usual shit.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

What are the odds we get a cinematic trailer for 9.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Going by BFA announcement and the amount of CGI cinematics we've gotten for BFA, I'd say very likely.

I assume you're referring to a CGI one in addition to the features 'gameplay' trailer?

If so... it seems fairly likely given that their CGI Cinematics team has been pumping out a lot more than they used to - namely all the extra cinematics we got throughout BFA. But perhaps that's due to a lack of other games with "realistic" cinematics at the moment. In the past that team had to work on SC2, Diablo 3, and WoW cinematics. Right now it's only WoW, and perhaps Diablo 4? The Overwatch and Hearthstone cinematics are great, but I'm guessing they take less time to produce since they aren't aiming for quite the same level of detail.

BFA was the first expansion announcement where we got the CGI Cinematic at the same time as the expansion announcement. Legion was announced at Gamescom with its cinematic revealed a couple months later at Blizzcon. All expansions prior to that the CGI Cinematic wasn't revealed until much much closer to expansion launch.
    Last edited by Dhomeli; 2019-10-16 at 12:55 AM. Reason: typo

7+ Year Old Account
    I think we will definitely get a CGI cinematic at Blizzcon. Seeing how they are pumping them out at greater numbers I don't see a reason not to (and they are usually tied in with the theme of the expansion and don't spoils stuff about an unreleased patch).

Have we actually gotten any information about an expansion announcement coming at Blizzcon? By this time we would usually have either something point towards it (either official or an obvious Datamine).
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Realm of Shadows
    - The expansion is a "soft reboot"of series, similar to Cataclysm.
    - Levels squished to 60. New level is 70.
    - The whole of Azeroth is witness the influence of the Old Gods and Yogg-Saron "leads the attack."
    - The spirit of Xal'atath is linked with Sylvanas. This is the most important point.
    - The Old Gods corrupt all aspects of dragon except Wrathion who leads us to the Dragon Isles where we witness the beginning of the end. We soon realize not everyone is can be saved.
    - Bolvar choosing new Death Knights and seeking help from his Necromancers against the Old God. Kel'Thuzad leads the Necromancers to attack.
    - Taelia finds truth about her father. She travels to Icecrown to confirm her suspicions and is captured. We must negotiate with Lich King to release her.
    - Vol'jin's fate is well known.
    - The first raid is called "Icecronw Attack" to save Taelia. Angry Icecrown version corrupted and revamped.
    - Naxxramas turned like a small five-person dungeon with four wings.
    - Sylvanas opens the door to the shadows. Uses the soul of Helya to seek control over death.
    - Ashara betrayes Sylvana and becames a friend of the Horde and Alliance. To this end, Naga was created as an ally.
    - Death is the main goal of unification. The Void Lord don't not not play an important role in this expansion.
    -Myic + made important changes, such as deleting some affixes. Designed "Timewalking Mythic+").
    - Paid inventory will be returned to this add-on. Raid sets are returned.
    - The PvP supplier is back. No tokens only gold.
    - Much of the expansion story involves visiting previous timelines with Chromie and finds explanations about Sylvana, Death and the Old God Yogg-Saron. One such situation refers to the Fall of Lordaeron ("Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne").

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofshadows View Post
    Realm of Shadows
    - The whole of Azeroth is witness the influence of the Old Gods and Yogg-Saron "leads the attack."
    - The spirit of Xal'atath is linked with Sylvanas. This is the most important point.
    - The Old Gods corrupt all aspects of dragon except Wrathion who leads us to the Dragon Isles where we witness the beginning of the end. We soon realize not everyone is can be saved.
    - Bolvar choosing new Death Knights and seeking help from his Necromancers against the Old God. Kel'Thuzad leads the Necromancers to attack.
    - Taelia finds truth about her father. She travels to Icecrown to confirm her suspicions and is captured. We must negotiate with Lich King to release her.
    - The first raid is called "Icecronw Attack" to save Taelia. Angry Icecrown version corrupted and revamped.
    - Sylvanas opens the door to the shadows. Uses the soul of Helya to seek control over death.
    - Ashara betrayes Sylvana and becames a friend of the Horde and Alliance. To this end, Naga was created as an ally.
    - Death is the main goal of unification. The Void Lord don't not not play an important role in this expansion.
    -Myic + made important changes, such as deleting some affixes. Designed "Timewalking Mythic+").
    - Much of the expansion story involves visiting previous timelines with Chromie and finds explanations about Sylvana, Death and the Old God Yogg-Saron. One such situation refers to the Fall of Lordaeron ("Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne").
    Oh gosh, ~2 weeks till blizzcon and the leak posts from 1post users are starting!

I feel like this is something straight out of /r/InsaneParents

Quote Originally Posted by realmofshadows View Post
    Realm of Shadows
    I know your post is full of shit when I read stuff like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't we forgetting we don't fully know the ending of 8.3..?

This means that they cannot go into extreme details for 9.0.

Let's say in 9.0 Yogg Saron returns. It would be weird to hype up 8.3, saying that, in the end it won't matter, because in 9.0 all Old Gods return (for example)

I dunno.. seems a bit weird to already talk about 9.0 when we don't even know the ending to 8.3

250%

I'm just hoping they'll stop being lazy and showcase something else than Orcs and Humans. Worgens, Draeneis, Elves (all of them), Gnomes, Goblins, none of those races were featured seriously in a high-res cinematic (except Genn for 2 seconds at a time, and one Draenei/Tauren on BfA's opening one).
    I hate the fact Baine wasn't there for Reckoning when he should have been (I don't see any reason for him to be absent during this "final assault"). That was weird af to see only three people carry Saurfang, he must have had his right leg dangling behind.

Plus, enemies please. We've never seen any of the Legion's lieutenant in a recent high-res cinematic (Archimonde/KJ/Argus/Sarg), we didn't see Shas or Old Gods, I want to be impressed by something we've never seen

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Aren't we forgetting we don't fully know the ending of 8.3..?

This means that they cannot go into extreme details for 9.0.

Let's say in 9.0 Yogg Saron returns. It would be weird to hype up 8.3, saying that, in the end it won't matter, because in 9.0 all Old Gods return (for example)

I dunno.. seems a bit weird to already talk about 9.0 when we don't even know the ending to 8.3
    Well BfA announcement trailer and cinematic were released before we got the ending of 7.3 (before the raid dropped), sure there was datamined indication of Silithus, the Wound but they mostly sidetracked it by saying stuff like "In the aftermath of Antorus" or "After dealing with the Legion forces on Argus" and they also announced 7.3.5 during blizzcon after the initial BfA announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    250%

I'm just hoping they'll stop being lazy and showcase something else than Orcs and Humans. Worgens, Draeneis, Elves (all of them), Gnomes, Goblins, none of those races were featured seriously in a high-res cinematic (except Genn for 2 seconds at a time, and one Draenei/Tauren on BfA's opening one).
    I hate the fact Baine wasn't there for Reckoning when he should have been (I don't see any reason for him to be absent during this "final assault"). That was weird af to see only three people carry Saurfang, he must have had his right leg dangling behind.

Plus, enemies please. We've never seen any of the Legion's lieutenant in a recent high-res cinematic (Archimonde/KJ/Argus/Sarg), we didn't see Shas or Old Gods, I want to be impressed by something we've never seen
    They only reason we were able to get so much CGI content for BfA is because they limited the character cast to use for it (which was still larger/of better quality than in most previous cinematics).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we'll get a cinematic trailer at BlizzCon, but then again, who knows. I'm personally expecting a short cinematic teaser (similar to the Illidan one) and an announcement trailer. Cinematic trailer will probably drop a few weeks afterwards.

The Void Lord don't not not play an important role
    *twitch* So...they don't play a role? Certainly pertinent information.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Guys... guys...

I also got a leak for y'all.

Level Squish: Everyone gets squished down to level 1, so nobody can complain about leveling or boosts. That way we also didnt have to add a proper talent system, which in return causes nobody to QQ about bad talent systems.
    World Revamp: We have added two new pixels to every zone so they are updated. Cataclysm caused zone destruction has been reverted so it looks for the majority as good as new.
    New Class: The Tinkermancersworn, a undead Mechdragon which rides ontop a Mech into battle, because we need atleast some fanservice so they think we listen.
    New AP System: Since you enjoyed Heart of Azeroth so much, we combined them with World Quests. To unlock the AP Grind you have to reach exalted with the Faction "AP Grind", only one world quest per day giving you 50 rep. After hitting Exalted, you get customizable gear slots where half of them are from different classes, rendering them completly useless for your class.

Dont think I forgot anything. But psssst, dont tell anyone, this is top-secret leak information.
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, if they do a level Squish AND World revamp and the whole 1-max leveling is possible in revamped zones I wouldn't mind them bringing everybody to 1 or 5 (or whatever it is after race starting zones) and have us level during prepatch. Of course, this is under the assumption that we don't loose stuff like profession levels and other shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    Guys... guys...

I also got a leak for y'all.

Level Squish: Everyone gets squished down to level 1, so nobody can complain about leveling or boosts. That way we also didnt have to add a proper talent system, which in return causes nobody to QQ about bad talent systems.
    World Revamp: We have added two new pixels to every zone so they are updated. Cataclysm caused zone destruction has been reverted so it looks for the majority as good as new.
    New Class: The Tinkermancersworn, a undead Mechdragon which rides ontop a Mech into battle, because we need atleast some fanservice so they think we listen.
    New AP System: Since you enjoyed Heart of Azeroth so much, we combined them with World Quests. To unlock the AP Grind you have to reach exalted with the Faction "AP Grind", only one world quest per day giving you 50 rep. After hitting Exalted, you get customizable gear slots where half of them are from different classes, rendering them completly useless for your class.

Dont think I forgot anything. But psssst, dont tell anyone, this is top-secret leak information.
    I think my memo from my source (My uncle's brother's son) had also a point about the story:

We are traveling to Alternate Azeroth which hasn't had as much old god influence (in turn we're not actually getting a revamp, just a 2 pixel different copy of Azeroth) and, Neltharion is female and is Jaina in human form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I think my memo from my source (My uncle's brother's son) had also a point about the story
    Hold up...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    To be honest, if they do a level Squish AND World revamp and the whole 1-max leveling is possible in revamped zones I wouldn't mind them bringing everybody to 1 or 5 (or whatever it is after race starting zones) and have us level during prepatch. Of course, this is under the assumption that we don't loose stuff like profession levels and other shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I think my memo from my source (My uncle's brother's son) had also a point about the story:

We are traveling to Alternate Azeroth which hasn't had as much old god influence (in turn we're not actually getting a revamp, just a 2 pixel different copy of Azeroth) and, Neltharion is female and is Jaina in human form.
    Nono, the squished level is 1 and the max level is 1 too.

Jaina is a Dreadlord anyway.

Or Dreadlady...?

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Not enough Dark Ranger. 3/10, don't recommned.

You know what? As silly as that sounds, I totally like this idea.