10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
    I'm not saying there wont be tinkers but the evidence for them is really small imo. Cause you saw a few npcs in an island expedition with some mechanical features/abilities and now holy smokes that must mean tinker is next. Oh 2 small clever allied races were added that must mean tinker. And thats it? Like what about the other 8 non small allied races added? And how exactly would mechs help against any sort of magic we'd be facing? I mean practically speaking? Plus everyone ignores the fact that the class being added has to have something to do with the story being told in the epac, I mean ALL expac, not for a patch, the whole thing, Tinkers don't make sense unless the story does a hard 90/180 degree turn.
    It's more than that;

Mekkatorque piloting a mech
    Gazlowe piloting a mech
    Gob Squad piloting a mech
    Gallywix piloting a mech
    Mekkatorque being a boss
    Mechagon
    Island Expedition Teams
    HotS Tinker abilities enter WoW
    Mechagnomes AR
    Gazlowe becomes Goblin leader

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    The concept of "having to" is only in regards to what makes sense from a business perspective. WoW is a game that needs to be sold above anything else. They're going to go with creating a package that seems like it fits together, as the three expansions that introduced new classes before this one have done.
    Right, it’s all about the business perspective, so you have to weigh all of the pros and cons. Adding a class with a theme that suits a new expansion’s primary threat sets a clear tone for the expansion, but if they want to add a given class, there’s no need to choose a different class just to prop up the theme in the expansion trailer. Choosing a class for the game based on what makes sense for the game from a gameplay and player choice perspective is way more important than how you package it together. If they feel that the class roster needs more options with the same theme as a new expansion, or if they feel a particular class from their short list is especially relevant, then it will of course get priority, but there is no imperative to match the theme of the new class to the new expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's more than that;

Mekkatorque piloting a mech
    Gazlowe piloting a mech
    Gob Squad piloting a mech
    Gallywix piloting a mech
    Mekkatorque being a boss
    Mechagon
    Island Expedition Teams
    HotS Tinker abilities enter WoW
    Mechagnomes AR
    Gazlowe becomes Goblin leader
    I dont see what people piloting mechs has anything to do with a new class BUT I'll give that to you, still the theme of the next expansion would have to be HEAVILY centered around mechs, not a tiny island, like the whole thing otherwise the class makes little to no sense. Death Knights...Most of Wrath had to do with Arthas and his shenanigans, Monks, and all about Pandaren culture and fighting style, Demon Hunters... DEMONS. The expansion cant have anything to do with Death and Tinkers make sense. A Blood mage makes infinitely more sense in terms of story, considering we've been dealing with it since Throne of Thunder and more recently in BFA with Blood trolls, plus Blood Elves were shown in WOD having fully functioning Anima Golems, and Blood Magic (Any Magic) would be more effective to a "Death" threat than shooting missiles and lasers at it.

Again I'm not saying they wont be a class, I'm just saying the in game evidence even as you present it is weak

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Right, it’s all about the business perspective, so you have to weigh all of the pros and cons. Adding a class with a theme that suits a new expansion’s primary threat sets a clear tone for the expansion, but if they want to add a given class, there’s no need to choose a different class just to prop up the theme in the expansion trailer. Choosing a class for the game based on what makes sense for the game from a gameplay and player choice perspective is way more important than how you package it together. If they feel that the class roster needs more options with the same theme as a new expansion, or if they feel a particular class from their short list is especially relevant, then it will of course get priority, but there is no imperative to match the theme of the new class to the new expansion.
    I disagree, thats not the approach they've ever taken, its always been "What makes sense for the story they are telling" like I said above, Dks- Raised by Arthas, Monks Pandaren Fighting Style, Demon Hunters - Demons. There is nothing to suggest that they will suddenly decide "Hey we should face Death.... with Robots because we dont have enough robots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Why would you even think Sethrak would ever be an AR, for any faction? They are bad, as far as I could tell there are only a few that weren't bad (bad to both Horde and Alliance).
    By the end of the story the bad faction is shattered, and the leader of the good faction wants to reunite his people. doesn't take much more then that.
    That's about the same amount of effort the Nightborne had going into their AR spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    Sorry guys we need more ranged classes not melee classes and well Tinker is not ranged we've had enough melee classes added to the game.
    that is if you base it on gazlow tinker the gnome shows ranged is possible even a turret thing is possible tinker is more on the line of both meele and ranged
    and i agree we need more ranged but i dont mind the mixture
    but do to hunter needs major changes even weapon wise that meen tinker wuld bu simlair to druid spec wise but i dont think they should do dps meele spec its better if that is a tank spec

we even got the robot spider thing to base combat of

I disagree, thats not the approach they've ever taken, its always been "What makes sense for the story they are telling" like I said above, Dks- Raised by Arthas, Monks Pandaren Fighting Style, Demon Hunters - Demons. There is nothing to suggest that they will suddenly decide "Hey we should face Death.... with Robots because we dont have enough robots"
    "We don't have enough robots" is definitely not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that we use them all the time, but players don't have access to that combat style. Warcraft's unique styles of technology are at the core of the franchise. Blizzard doesn't need some flimsy excuse like "we need x to defeat y." They can just give tinkers a few class trainers and let them start at level 1 like anything else. Looking for a story connection is only necessary if we aren't familiar with the class fantasy, or if we have to justify within the context of the story that members of a class are joining the playable factions. Neither of those conditions apply to tinkers.

With that in mind, if you want to argue that tinkers aren't a reasonable prediction for the upcoming expansion, you have to show some evidence that another class is actually better for the expansion, or that bundling a class and expansion with the same themes is too important to consider other options. Just looking at a pattern of three classes doesn't mean much, because the people who are making that decision can make their own judgments anywhere down the line, and are required to consider that same dilemma as a part of their jobs.

Lastly, why not explain why exactly so many tech based heroes have been featured in the story recently, or why Blizzard would bother adding a team of "engineers" (as some have called them) to island expeditions along with another engineer champion to the mission table. Why put so much focus on an unplayable group of allied NPCs throughout BfA? They could have been anything. Dark rangers, various new allied races getting some time in the spotlight, or perhaps a team of bards, or something less conspicuous like the familiar playable classes and more N'Zoth or Azshara based enemies. Why develop that theme so much during this specific expansion? Are we supposed to believe that Blizzard made all of those individual choices randomly? Or does it lead to some other conclusion?

another way to solve dark ranger is horde get dark ranger and alliance get void ranger the get same type of ability but looks diffrent but dark ranger struggles spec wise

and hunter needs a major change to not have ability based on ranger
    the bow works way to diffrent in the wow universe fantasy then gun and crossbow do but gun ammo thing can be done alot more creative if it is not holded back by bow and crossbow
    marksman struggles to stay close to the sniper/rifleman concept it was original based on

survival is the thing that should be kinda closer to a ranger but at the same time this culd evolve better by base it on bow and meele weapon not only 1 of those equipment

beast master should not be based on ranger or marksman it should be meele to evolve around pet combos

as to be said only way to get ranger thing to work is to fix hunter and ranger ability makes hunter gun looks like tinker based ability + the machine pet looks wierd to be a part of beast mastery

same for survival harpoon and bomb

bow gun and crossbow is on a center of the problem of class concepts even if it is hard to belive
    transmod holds it back aswell

i love tinker to come but i wuld not rush into necromancer just yet but if they give dark ranger out as a sub class while we get tinker there should not be alot problem sub class = 1 spec and you know its really hard to image dark ranger have many spec to work

i am still suprised demon hunter have a tank spec

Same could be said about High elves on the Alliance, They're everywhere and representing the Alliance but they arnt playable why would Blizz put the effort in for them? Don't take what you see in game as a guaranteed thing.
    There's definitely a difference in magnitude between the prevalence of Alliance high elves and that of technology over the game in general. The tinker archetype has also seen a significant increase in prominence recently, and Blizzard has never claimed that they would present other problems.

That said, if the faction separation is drawn back somewhat in the next expansion, like many expect, I wouldn't be surprised to see more customization options for Blood Elves along with the option to join (or at least group/guild with) the Alliance. If they had blue eyes and could party up with humans and dwarves, I think most people would be happy enough. Probably shouldn't go too far down that rabbit hole in this thread though, it's liable to get people excited

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see what people piloting mechs has anything to do with a new class BUT I'll give that to you, still the theme of the next expansion would have to be HEAVILY centered around mechs, not a tiny island, like the whole thing otherwise the class makes little to no sense. Death Knights...Most of Wrath had to do with Arthas and his shenanigans, Monks, and all about Pandaren culture and fighting style, Demon Hunters... DEMONS. The expansion cant have anything to do with Death and Tinkers make sense. A Blood mage makes infinitely more sense in terms of story, considering we've been dealing with it since Throne of Thunder and more recently in BFA with Blood trolls, plus Blood Elves were shown in WOD having fully functioning Anima Golems, and Blood Magic (Any Magic) would be more effective to a "Death" threat than shooting missiles and lasers at it.
    Mech piloting is a core aspect of the Tinker concept. In BFA they expanded that concept by giving it to more characters, and creating mech-based abilities like Skyfall, Eject, and Turbocharged. Though it's funny that you ignored all my other points and decided to just focus on that to pretend like that's the only thing I mentioned.

You're also assuming that the next expansion is death themed. That might not be the case, because death is a major theme in this expansion. Blizzard tends to not have major themes continue over into the following expansion.

Again I'm not saying they wont be a class, I'm just saying the in game evidence even as you present it is weak"
    In your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry guys we need more ranged classes not melee classes and well Tinker is not ranged we've had enough melee classes added to the game.
    Its melee because of the mech/claw pack, but all of its abilities are ranged. So what you have is a base for a hybrid class, because the melee aspect would be used for tanking, while its ranged abilities would be used for DPS.

Mech piloting is a core aspect of the Tinker concept. In BFA they expanded that concept by giving it to more characters, and creating mech-based abilities like Skyfall, Eject, and Turbocharged. Though it's funny that you ignored all my other points and decided to just focus on that to pretend like that's the only thing I mentioned.

You're also assuming that the next expansion is death themed. That might not be the case, because death is a major theme in this expansion. Blizzard tends to not have major themes continue over into the following expansion.

In your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Its melee because of the mech/claw pack, but all of its abilities are ranged. So what you have is a base for a hybrid class, because the melee aspect would be used for tanking, while its ranged abilities would be used for DPS.
    Death was a side plot along the faction war/Old Gods just like f.e. the Legion was in WOD

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    another way to solve dark ranger is horde get dark ranger and alliance get void ranger the get same type of ability but looks diffrent but dark ranger struggles spec wise

and hunter needs a major change to not have ability based on ranger
    the bow works way to diffrent in the wow universe fantasy then gun and crossbow do but gun ammo thing can be done alot more creative if it is not holded back by bow and crossbow
    marksman struggles to stay close to the sniper/rifleman concept it was original based on

survival is the thing that should be kinda closer to a ranger but at the same time this culd evolve better by base it on bow and meele weapon not only 1 of those equipment

beast master should not be based on ranger or marksman it should be meele to evolve around pet combos

as to be said only way to get ranger thing to work is to fix hunter and ranger ability makes hunter gun looks like tinker based ability + the machine pet looks wierd to be a part of beast mastery

same for survival harpoon and bomb

bow gun and crossbow is on a center of the problem of class concepts even if it is hard to belive
    transmod holds it back aswell

i love tinker to come but i wuld not rush into necromancer just yet but if they give dark ranger out as a sub class while we get tinker there should not be alot problem sub class = 1 spec and you know its really hard to image dark ranger have many spec to work

i am still suprised demon hunter have a tank spec
    Or or. Let's not add dark rangers to the game as a playable class because there is nothing unique about them that sets them apart from Hunters. Why should an entire existing class be changed so that Dark Rangers can be a thing?

Current theme is Azeroth, faction war and shadow/void. Not death. Every hint points towards death theme. No denying that, doesn't make it a sure thing but it's the best guess we have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Why should an entire existing class be changed so that Dark Rangers can be a thing?
    Non argument because no one asks that. Strawman at its finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkers have a lot of support. I don't find that they're all that interesting conceptually so if that pans out to be true I'll do what I have done for a while now and let those who enjoy the idea have their fun and generally otherwise ignore it. It's a dumb thing to be fighting about.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Current theme is Azeroth, faction war and shadow/void. Not death. Every hint points towards death theme. No denying that, doesn't make it a sure thing but it's the best guess we have.

- - - Updated - - -

Non argument because no one asks that. Strawman at its finest.
    Except that's literally what the person was saying in the post I quoted.

Or or. Let's not add dark rangers to the game as a playable class because there is nothing unique about them that sets them apart from Hunters. Why should an entire existing class be changed so that Dark Rangers can be a thing?
    becus needs a change it can stand out as its own class but we need change in how ranged weapon works at the same to fix all 3 specs i said this befor survival can easy work with nature,oil and fire based attack patterns meens abit combo but it needs to be both meele and ranged bow and duel wield is probly best match

beast master needs to be meele becus kill command does not make beast mastery show playstyle of beast master bestial wrath is still not really helping it at the same time as exotic pet and talant to 2 have 2 pets instead of 1 still does not help beast master it just does nothing to show beast mastery all it show is 2 pets or bigger pet that most of time time players the same

marksman were on the right track around mist of pandaria and warlord of draenor but went backwords in legion and completly messed up in bfa becus it tryes to be a ranger that has nothing to do with marksmanship

barrage makes sense on bow but looks really wierd on gun and crossbow same goes for volly

rapid fire changes is more for ranger concept are making gun look like a machine gun wich prooves the problem still now

then ability names that dont make sense like trueshot aura that gives haste buff but the name say trueshot wich kinda wull imply that you gona use shots that deal heavy hard damage

we should not let hunter keep going into the dark ranger/ranger element becus does not work in it

this weapon system needs to change so that we can actully make people stop getting a bad excuse of hunter is to simlair to ranger when that is the thing holding hunter back yes that meens hunter needs dark ranger/ranger to be a class so that hunter can evolve in its own direction

10+ Year Old Account
    The Tinker class is already out. It's called the engineering profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    becus needs a change it can stand out as its own class but we need change in how ranged weapon works at the same to fix all 3 specs i said this befor survival can easy work with nature,oil and fire based attack patterns meens abit combo but it needs to be both meele and ranged bow and duel wield is probly best match

beast master needs to be meele becus kill command does not make beast mastery show playstyle of beast master bestial wrath is still not really helping it at the same time as exotic pet and talant to 2 have 2 pets instead of 1 still does not help beast master it just does nothing to show beast mastery all it show is 2 pets or bigger pet that most of time time players the same

marksman were on the right track around mist of pandaria and warlord of draenor but went backwords in legion and completly messed up in bfa becus it tryes to be a ranger that has nothing to do with marksmanship

barrage makes sense on bow but looks really wierd on gun and crossbow same goes for volly

rapid fire changes is more for ranger concept are making gun look like a machine gun wich prooves the problem still now

then ability names that dont make sense like trueshot aura that gives haste buff but the name say trueshot wich kinda wull imply that you gona use shots that deal heavy hard damage

we should not let hunter keep going into the dark ranger/ranger element becus does not work in it

this weapon system needs to change so that we can actully make people stop getting a bad excuse of hunter is to simlair to ranger when that is the thing holding hunter back yes that meens hunter needs dark ranger/ranger to be a class so that hunter can evolve in its own direction
    Or Hunter is fine the way it is and doesn't need to change just so Dark Ranger can exist.

Except that's literally what the person was saying in the post I quoted.
    Oh shit... You are right, sorry. After hearing the same arguments over and over with no basis on it I just defaulted to it. My b 100%.

Oh shit... You are right, sorry. After hearing the same arguments over and over with no basis on it I just defaulted to it. My b 100%.
    Nah, it's cool. I kinda figured that was the case, honestly lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas represents death, and N'Zoth represents the void. We dealt with death themes throughout this expansion, from the burning of Teldrassil, to the razzing of Derek Proudmore, to Rastakhan and Bwonsamdi, to Jaina dealing with her family, to Saurfang's sacrifice, etc. You'd have to be willingly ignoring this entire expansion not to realize that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    The Tinker class is already out. It's called the engineering profession.
    Engineering isnt a class.