Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly no changes ffs. Why do you compare the classic to private server stats? Just go back to retail ......

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    They where immune to nature damage to begin with, too. Dire Maul was released less than a month after the game back then, and by the time I was in my mid- to late 50s, this is where I remember doing the math on serpent sting to see how much dps I was losing out on, realised it wasn’t a big contributor per mana and so I stopped.
    depends on your region, vanila released in november in US, februray in EU, dire maul released in march, for EU it did relaese a month after, but for NA it was 5 months after

another **** comparing private servers to actual vanilla

also its patch 1.12 not the actual patch of DM release

5+ Year Old Account
    Not falling for your bait.

I'm still not convinced of these values.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    You're in the wrong here. This is vanilla, not private servers. You can just fuck off if you don't like it and Blizzard won't care about what you liked in an ILLEGAL PRIVATE SERVER.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pserver players btfo
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

just send your detailed info to blizz. they have looked into these types of issues before after all, several quite detailed blue post exist about a number of these issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Dire Maul is released and as we all feared they nerfed Whip Lasher loot and made them immune to nature damage. They also made tribute runs impossible to solo to non hunters, they were 100% soloable by other classes too.

How can we trust Blizzard values anymore?
    Only one answer for this post.
    CAN WE HAVE YOUR STUFF ??

BYE
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Oh no now you have to play the game as it's intended to be played ooohh nooooo
    not the point. people wanted classic with all the bugs and glitches. not me though, i couldn't care less.

just like to tell Blizzard Knights that they're being rude.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

No one cares

Did any1 do lasher farm in vanilla? Is it actually nerfed or was it just wrong how much they dropped on private servers?

Whats important here is if something ahs changed from 1.12 to now. Comparisions to pric servers are 100% irrelevant.

Edit:

Found some info on wowhead copied over from allakhazam.

"These mobs were nerfed literally while I was pulling. I zoned in and got 225 per mob, zoned out, reset, came back in and got 65 per kill Either way I went from 52-58 in 2 days of casual play." -By zergged on 2006/04/30 (Patch 1.9.4)
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2019-10-16 at 11:20 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I'm totally with the oP on this. I spent an hour combing the shores of Lake Lordaeron killing turtles and looking for liferoot and in that hour found about 5 nodes and on the private servers I played on they clearly show Blizzard that there should be many many more nodes spawning there - I should have had three or four stacks after an hour.

When are Blizzard finally going to fix Classic so that it's like the private servers it's meant to be emulating. Gah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'm totally with the oP on this. I spent an hour combing the shores of Lake Lordaeron killing turtles and looking for liferoot and in that hour found about 5 nodes and on the private servers I played on they clearly show Blizzard that there should be many many more nodes spawning there - I should have had three or four stacks after an hour.

When are Blizzard finally going to fix Classic so that it's like the private servers it's meant to be emulating. Gah.
    I sense a wee bit of satire in your message. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Private servers can tweak their game for 50 years but if they dont have true 1.12 values like Blizzard do it does not matter.
    Wasn't Vanilla 1.11 and the Classic remake 1.12?

So Dire Maul is released and as we all feared they nerfed Whip Lasher loot and made them immune to nature damage. They also made tribute runs impossible to solo to non hunters, they were 100% soloable by other classes too.

How can we trust Blizzard values anymore?
    They made those changes 14 years ago. You're a bit late to start complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Wasn't Vanilla 1.11 and the Classic remake 1.12?
    No, the last patch of "vanilla" was 1.12 (or 1.12.2) and that is the one Classic is based on, but they're calling it 1.13 to distinguish it from the original.

I mean sure, you do you man. People have given you plenty of reasons to be convinced including discussions that took place on the topic at the time, so unless you're sitting on something which actually proves otherwise, you're just being stubborn and digging your heels in because you don't *want* to be convinced.

Motivated reasoning, my dude.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-10-16 at 11:54 AM.

This is bullshit! I was going to be rich! It's all Blizzards fault! /s

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any videos or screenshots but unofficial servers have tweaked their game for years vs Classic 1 month, it's not even comparable.
    You don't have any actual evidence, then?
    I'm a crazy taco.