Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Simple question. Some of my mates had me trying Dreadmist EU PvP

I got to the AH and only saw 28k items listed total.

Whats on your AH? I know from retail a decent sized realm has at least 50k total listed items. To check this just open the AH window up, hit search and scroll to the bottom.

For me this method has always been good way to see if a realm is dead or alive...For instance Ravencrest EU has like 100k items posted. Mind you through not that much economy players in classic wow ofc.
    Oh God...
    How the fk do you want to compare two totally different things?
    You can solo post thousands of single items on retail server AH by just soloing old raids...
    and then you got 6 xpacks of more stuff...
    and retail AH's are now cross faction (not sure about that since i am totally not interested on playing it)...

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    My calculations show that total Classic population now sits at under 100K. Started around 250K. Be down to 25K-50K by Christmas.
    Yes... 'Your calculations' must be very precise...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2019-10-16 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Oh God...
    How the fk do you want to compare two totally different things?
    You can solo post thousands of single items on retail server AH by just soloing old raids...
    and then you got 6 xpacks of more stuff...
    and retail AH's are now cross faction (not sure about that since i am totally not interested on playing it)...

Yes... 'Your calculations' must be very precise...
    Jesus, please...Just, could anyone even do what I asked for? This is not a argument thread at fucking all. These classic sub forum is toxic 10/10 or what.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Census mods were showing close to 2 million before they got broken. Retail was a 250k though, so you at least got that right.

Why is everyone comparing classic vs. retail AH?

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Why is everyone comparing classic vs. retail AH?
    And why is nobody answering my thread? This was not classic vs retail ever.

I feel for you man Everything here is retail vs classic or "right" vs "wrong" way of playing/game/design gl on getting your answers.

Because you compared Classic server (Dreadmist EU) to retail one (Ravencrest EU)?
    It is like apples vs oranges.

Anyway on my server there are ~25k of auctions atm.

Jesus, so many replies and nobody answered my question?

Just want to know what your AH is like on your classic realm. A lot of items listed = High pop or at least not dead realm

Please answer now <3
    Well Gehennas-EU (Still layered) horde side was like 40k+ auctions two days ago (14/10). Bloodfang-EU (medium pop) alliance side was 14k auctions last night (15/10)

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Because you compared Classic server (Dreadmist EU) to retail one (Ravencrest EU)?
    It is like apples vs oranges.

Anyway on my server there are ~25k of auctions atm.
    Thanks man! Seems like 50k is the better realms then, but prolly the peak. I was honestly thinking some realms was like retail high pop maybe.

Any more? I mean its a good way to meassure realm pop and activity.

Pagle-US Alliance - 28665

Thanks man! Seems like 50k is the better realms then, but prolly the peak. I was honestly thinking some realms was like retail high pop maybe.

Any more? I mean its a good way to meassure realm pop and activity.
    You still imply that Ravencrest is more populated than Peak Classic Realms. Adnd your thread's name is about realm pop.
    Then you go at your OP to put the 100k auctions or retail Ravencrest, to the 28k listings of Dreadmist Classic server and you go on to point out that writing "For me this method has always been good way to see if a realm is dead or alive."

And then you blame people for being toxic when you don't even bother to explain that you don't compare retail to classic (but you mention the 28k next to the 100k followed by the "I use this method to estimate if a server is dead or not")

My server, Nethergarde Keep EU also had around 28k listings last night.

That server, is the 3rd and last PvE server of EU - EN region and while logging in the recent past I noticed that it was between 12th to 14th (depending on the night) to go "FULL" before they add the stupid "layered" remark instead.
    Mind you I noticed up to 17 servers max shown as "FULL" out of the 23 and it is no accident that the 6 remaining EU - EN realms, were locked last week to a "non layered" setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Nope. Start peak globally was probably close to 2 million. I doubt that is has fallen below 1.2 million by now.
    Hahaha.. Best joke ever.

It have never been above 250K, probably much less.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    My calculations show that total Classic population now sits at under 100K. Started around 250K. Be down to 25K-50K by Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This is what I got from my data too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Census mods were showing close to 2 million before they got broken. Retail was a 250k though, so you at least got that right.
    The amount of BS people come up with, on both sides, is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Hahaha.. Best joke ever.

So the subscription fees were over tripled during August but the players were 250k?
    Brilliant that makes retail a game of 80k subs!

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Hahaha.. Best joke ever.

I was a pretty heavy Classic shit talker pre release but I don't think you can make the argument that it was less than a million at launch. Every server had queues. They constantly had to open more. Multiple servers had queues of 10-15k+. On single servers.

It's heavily declined since, but my server still has queues Saturday/Sunday evenings, and it's not even the most heavily populated US server.

Zandalar tribe - EU had 26k items yesterday. It is a high pop server according to the realmlist.

my calculations say we will meet aliens in 3 years 20 days 7 hours and 30 minutes. cant give any sources though but im sure im right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    You still imply that Ravencrest is more populated than Peak Classic Realms.
    Ravencrest is probably the biggest retail realm tho, no shame in losing to that 1 realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Ravencrest is probably the biggest retail realm tho, no shame in losing to that 1 realm.
    Ravencrest will end up being bigger in the end, but there was no way to be bigger than a server with 20k ppl on queue and 3-5 active layers. Cause that was the situation at launch. Blizzard also came out and told us that they increased the population cap per server in classic and that was at early September. So it is safe to assume that over 40k ppl were trying to play simultaneously on a single realm (obviously meaning that the total population could very well be over 50k - 60k active accounts, that logged in to reserve names less than a month ago).

And its not a matter of being "shame", or about the victory of Ravencrest or Gehennas, its the fact that we cant use the criterion of the Auction Houses to determine such a thing for the reasons stated above.

EDIT: And just to add that right now, there is a 3425 queue with 185 minutes estimated waiting time on Gehennas EU. Classic rocks guys, and there are people that cant have enough of it.
    Last edited by Nestoras; 2019-10-16 at 07:09 PM.

I'm on Heartseeker, that is high population. It's been around 20k items on Alliance side there.