View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It needs heavy steamlining to become a trend which WC and SC fans won't like anyway.
    Luckily the team seems more open to changes with reforged then with SC:RE which is a good thing. SC fans and the no change crowed can go sit in SC:RE, for everyone else reforged could be the new standard for RTS's for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inagumi View Post
    Not sure if my post went through.

We will have a Normal ( old ) version of the campaign and a new, Reforeged one
    What do you mean? New in terms of the graphics, or new in terms of the story content (re: the lore tweaks to adjust for retcons)?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Those guys became:

Wat
    Noooooooo
    That Cant be right

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    What do you mean? New in terms of the graphics, or new in terms of the story content (re: the lore tweaks to adjust for retcons)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    New graphic etc in the old version of the campaign ( the one from 2001 ) and you will have a Reforged version ( new tweaked lore etc, story, maps and so on )

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Luckily the team seems more open to changes with reforged then with SC:RE which is a good thing. SC fans and the no change crowed can go sit in SC:RE, for everyone else reforged could be the new standard for RTS's for a time.
    The team already said that gameplay of WC3 will not be touched fundamentally because Reforged will be perfectly compatible with old WC3 meaning if you don't own Reforged, you can still play with those who do. It's the art that they took liberty with.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2019-10-16 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    There's a lot of pandaren models as well. There will be some juicy retcons.
    Theres a generic Pandaren Brewmaster, and a Chen skin

The others are Earth Storm and Fire (Ultimate ability) for those two. Thats why theres so many pandarens. Chen gets the fancier ESF models.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Im waiting for female ogres and mok'nathal + beastmaster female models.

There's a chance that blizzard still don't know how to design female ogres and stuff...
    I think the big female blood trolls could work well as female Ogre. As female Ogre, they just need more muscular, thicker legs and arms and other hands obviously, like on the picture from Travellers. But aside from that, the big female blood trolls could be a great basis for female Ogre. Maybe they had that in mind already, as Blizzard probably likes to reuse models. The male Ogre models are good already anyway.

@ Lilithvia

The living nerubians in teh WC 3 campaign are lead by a Nerubian Queen. And i think there is also Lore from Wotlk that somewhere in the deep of Azeroth, there is a powerful Nerubian Queen who protects countless Nerubian eggs. And they plan to reconquer and repopulate the Nerubian Kingdom. I still think it would be great to have this Kingdom in the form of regions in some kind of Underworld expansion in WoW, but it would also be awesome if we could explore more of it in WC 3 Reforged.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    Wat
    Noooooooo
    That Cant be right

Here they look better, and you have the 3 versions. I like that those random metal golems now look like dwarven golems xD

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I saw a bunch of talk about DLC earlier in the thread.

....?

DLC? This is WC3. Why the hell would you pay for a custom campaign when there will undoubtedly be someone making one for free. Are we forgetting the insane amount of custom maps, games, and campaigns there used to be for the original game? Even as limited as the old world editor was you could do amazing things with it. That's the #1 reason to get Reforged imo. The only thing we should be looking for in any future DLC is new assets like models or units, as it used to be back in the day, paying for actual content. A shame how things have been twisted with monetization.

As for the retconning of the original story and maps well there will absolutely be a custom campaign for download that tells the real story with faithful maps and ported voice acting from the original game made by some rando on the internet. I just feel bad for people who never played WC3 and will probably get a skewed retelling of the lore if they only play the campaign.

All in all if the reforged world editor ends up being just the same as the old one then the sky is the limit. And if it ends up being better, there's no limit.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post

....?

DLC? This is WC3. Why the hell would you pay for a custom campaign when there will undoubtedly be someone making one for free. Are we forgetting the insane amount of custom maps, games, and campaigns there used to be for the original game? Even as limited as the old world editor was you could do amazing things with it. That's the #1 reason to get Reforged imo. The only thing we should be looking for in any future DLC is new assets like models or units, as it used to be back in the day, paying for actual content. A shame how things have been twisted with monetization.

As for the retconning of the original story and maps well there will absolutely be a custom campaign for download that tells the real story with faithful maps and ported voice acting from the original game made by some rando on the internet. I just feel bad for people who never played WC3 and will probably get a skewed retelling of the lore if they only play the campaign.

All in all if the reforged world editor ends up being just the same as the old one then the sky is the limit. And if it ends up being better, there's no limit.
    Because you don't get canon things, or skins or portraits or such that you can use everywhere else in the game with player-made WE stuff. Maybe for that particular custom map, but anything that happens there will NOT be canon or usable in most other maps.

If they do a skin with an orc dk I will officially lose my shit with excitement.

....?

DLC? This is WC3. Why the hell would you pay for a custom campaign when there will undoubtedly be someone making one for free.
    DLC campaign = more models, tilesets and assets in general for map makers to create better content.

I am a modeller and even I know we can't match Blizz's pace of production if they can offer the option of DLC content. It would be much better to have an official Volcanic tileset rather than someone importing from WoW or spending years to develop their own and be locked away in some obscure map no one knows about.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-10-16 at 02:54 PM.

....?

Modders aren't as fast as Blizzard and there is always possiblity they burn out and cancel their projects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandyCastro View Post
    If they do a skin with an orc dk I will officially lose my shit with excitement.
    I guess they will keep such things for microtransactions.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    DLC campaign = more models, tilesets and assets in general for map makers to create better content.
    I have reservations new Blizz would put much effort into that when they know plenty of people would just pay for a campaign with existing assets. Though like I said, and you left out of the quote, DLC for new campaigns with assets would definitely be good! It's what expansions used to be. But yeah we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Modders aren't as fast as Blizzard and there is always possiblity they burn out and cancel their projects.
    There's tons of canceled projects but tons more people making them. It's the nature of games with decent tools for 'modding' and what happened with the original or we wouldn't have had as much content as we did back then, and honestly even now. Even though I don't play WC3 anymore I know there's still an active community in it. I'm just saying the future is looking bright.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

I have reservations new Blizz would put much effort into that when they know plenty of people would just pay for a campaign with existing assets. Though like I said, and you left out of the quote, DLC for new assets would definitely be good! It's what expansions used to be. But yeah we agree.
    I think seeing Reforged set the bar with how many unique models there are compared to palette swaps in WC3 oroginal, theres an expectation for new assets if we get any new campaign. If they don't, then I'd lobby against people buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I think seeing Reforged set the bar with how many unique models there are compared to palette swaps in WC3 oroginal, theres an expectation for new assets if we get any new campaign. If they don't, then I'd lobby against people buying it.
    Me too. Warcraft 1 campaign with Warcraft 3 assets can be remade by anyone. Cool new models(and voice acting) is the thing that matters.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I was already looking forward to this. I'm really looking forward to it now seeing these models.

Good job Blizz.
    #TeamTinkers

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I was already looking forward to this. I'm really looking forward to it now seeing these models.

Good job Blizz.
    I agree. Wonderful models.

So far i must say that while both factions look good, im much bigger fan of orcs and how they look.

Also these ogre models in game look sick, i wish we had ogres like that in WoW