Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

[Possible spoilers] Death Knights & Demon Hunters and 9.0

First we have seen that there are (NPC?) Pandaren and Allied Race skins for Death Knights.

Today we see these two portals, that could be related to a "new" starting zone for these two hero classes, or a new hub for both of them:

Could this all start to hint / confirm both Death Knights and Demon Hunters will receive new races and new starting zones on 9.0?
    With Icecrown Citadel and Tomb of Sargeras as the new starting zones.

From the datamining, it seems all Allied Races could become Death Knights.

Which races could also become Demon Hunters?

My bet: Draenei & Void Elves for Alliance, Orcs & Nightborne for Horde.

If we're talking Illidari, it would make most sense for Orcs and Draenei, since they both could have potentially been trained by Illidan on Outland...

If it's a new starting zone, it could literally be anyone, or just keep following the elf-only theme with Void Elves and Nightbourne.

It makes no sense to train new DHs. If this happen it will another kick to the lore.

I think that portals are n zoth fight relates. Somethin like yogg saron brain room
    Last edited by Sider; 2019-10-16 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sider View Post
    It makes no sense to train new DHs. If this happen it will another kick to the lore.

I think that portals are n zoth fight relates. Some like yogg saron brain rooms
    Why does it make no sense? They were created to stop the threat that is the Legion. We now know the Void is a greater threat, so why not use the most powerful warriors we have available to stop them?

Same goes for Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Why does it make no sense? They were created to stop the threat that is the Legion. We now know the Void is a greater threat, so why not use the most powerful warriors we have available to stop them?

In addition to this, the whole "it will -be- another kick to the lore" argument is stupid. Should the lore not grow and evolve?

Because DH are trained to fight the legion, using their own magic. The void are not the legion and they use other kind of magic. Maybe we need Void Hunters .

DK make more sense if you dont mind to rise your fallen friends and make them undead guys.

I think that portals are n zoth fight relates. Somethin like yogg saron brain room
    Why not ? Illidari were trained to protect Azeroth from the Legion. Now it's gone, they won't simply walk away. There's still a lot of demonic presences in the cosmos and they're not the only threat to Azeroth. I could see the illidari train nightborne and void elf to get more recruit since most of the night elves were killed and I guess it's the same for blood elves.

Don't forget they're supposed to be "hero" classes, which would make sense if in term of lore they're more powerful, and thus more useful against N'zoth, the Black Empire and the Void invasion or Death invasion coming next.

10+ Year Old Account

We gonna face a threat worse than the legion soon and you say it makes no sense to train more of the two strongest classes in lore?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Kedemel View Post
    In addition to this, the whole "it will -be- another kick to the lore" argument is stupid. Should the lore not grow and evolve?
    I like when lore grow and evolve, but it has to make sense. DH use fel magic to fight fel magic users, that's why it doesn't make sense to me train more DH to fight void magic.

The Tomb of sargeras has nothing related to Void or Necromantic based enemies...

As the Legion fell, it is natural that the Demon Hunters and the Warden took over the place i think.

A new starting zone for DH is what makes more sense to me.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-10-16 at 01:46 PM.

hopefully no more DH races. i like them being elf only.

If we're talking Illidari, it would make most sense for Orcs and Draenei, since they both could have potentially been trained by Illidan on Outland...

If it's a new starting zone, it could literally be anyone, or just keep following the elf-only theme with Void Elves and Nightbourne.
    Technically Any race can be a non illidari DH since it was other non illidari elves who went around azeroth non following illidan and could have trained other races. It was hinted at for years that there was a human DH.

While illidari were traditionally elves, though it could happen where a draenei / broken or orc could become one while illidan was training his army in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    The Tomb of sargeras has nothing related to Void or Necromantic based enemies...

As the Legion fell, it is natural that the Demon Hunters and the Warden took over the place i think.

A new starting zone for DH is what makes more sense to me.
    Except the fact that the Tomb of Sargeras probably houses untold amounts of weaponry and information on how to fight the Void...since that was the Legion's entire intent?

They could be training a second generation based on all of the new information and how they can apply it with their demonic abilities to target Void specific entities.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    thats kinda sELFish of you.

Ill let myself out

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    We gonna face a threat worse than the legion soon and you say it makes no sense to train more of the two strongest classes in lore?
    You mean priests and paladins for the war versus void?

The legion is still around. just not as strong nor prominent then before. Remember pirates of the Caribbean 3? They defeated the main ship then suddenly they all turned and ran when they couldve easily outnumbered them? The legion still has thousands, millions of demons. They are just without thier leader.

Hell yeah.

Fel Orc Demon Hunters
    Feltotem Tauren Demon Hunters

Man'ari Draenei Demon Hunters
    Demonic Human Demon Hunters

And all other kinds of demonic mortal races. It'd be a cool way to introduce more evil diversity. We basically got Fel Elves this way.

If they make orc dhs I might be in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Hell yeah.

Fel Orc Demon Hunters
    Feltotem Tauren Demon Hunters

Man'ari Draenei Demon Hunters
    Demonic Human Demon Hunters

And all other kinds of demonic mortal races. It'd be a cool way to introduce more evil diversity. We basically got Fel Elves this way.
    Void elves and Nightborne would also be fairly logical choices, if a bit convoluted.

A high elf who becomes a blood elf by fel exposure, who becomes a void elf by void exposure, who becomes a demon/void hunter by fel exposure...

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    While I agree that I like Demon Hunters remaining true to their Elven roots, we do have two races of Elves that could get access to the class.

I would absolutely love a Nightborne Demon Hunter. That might finally get them to give us those sweet double-sided glowing swords the Nightborne NPCs in Suramar have.