Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Do doctors and paramedics raise the dead or do other necromantic things like organ transplants?
    well now that is a massive reach.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    For diablo, yes.

We wouldn't be seeing cloth necromancers around if all Blizzard necromancers were melee.
    I said playable Necromancers. Again, simply look at how they've implemented playable Necromancers since WotLK, and it's pretty obvious what their view on what playable Necromancers should be like.

Given Blizzard's history, it makes sense.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    well now that is a massive reach.
    Not really; Doctors bring back people who have had heart attacks or strokes or otherwise pretty damning things all the time.
    And I'm sitting here typing this with a dead person's kneecap helping to make my right foot look like it was born normally.

Not really; Doctors bring back people who have had heart attacks or strokes or otherwise pretty damning things all the time.
    And I'm sitting here typing this with a dead person's kneecap helping to make my right foot look like it was born normally.
    Yes that is totally what necromancy means, I guess you have reached the end of your rope?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yes that is totally what necromancy means, I guess you have reached the end of your rope?
    No, just proving they share similar things, but don't occupy the same space.

Instead of making a new class, just make it Unholy DK. Unholy is now Necromancer. Done. It's already basically Necromancer anyway, but with a melee weapon instead of an Int one.

Obviously, you'd be changed to an Int Plate DPS and instead of weapon slashes and stuff, you'd be casting spells and summoning minions.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

you also used real life example in a game discussion. which is massively frowned upon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Instead of making a new class, just make it Unholy DK. Unholy is now Necromancer. Done. It's already basically Necromancer anyway.

Obviously, you'd be changed to an Int Plate DPS and instead of weapon slashes and stuff, you'd be casting spells and summoning minions.
    what about people who like unholy as melee?

5+ Year Old Account
    Instead of making a new class, just make it Unholy DK. Unholy is now Necromancer. Done. It's already basically Necromancer anyway.

Unholy is 80% diseases.
    AOTD and Apocalypse, + raise minion and raise ally are among the only things necromantic about Unholy.

While it would cause obviously drama, blizzard has a history of being shit eating idiots in this regard, just look at survival.

- - - Updated - - -

Unholy is 80% diseases.
    AOTD and Apocalypse, + raise minion and raise ally are among the only things necromantic about Unholy.
    Unholy has exactly 1 disease and one strike to apply pestulant pustules, which aren't really diseases.

Blizzard could probably make it work, but honestly I'm tired of every new class added to the game being a dark 'use the power of the enemy against them' class. DK, DH, and then necromancer? Two of them also being focused on undeath? I'd rather get something like bard, tinker, dragonsworn etc than ANOTHER dark class,e specially another dark caster along with shadow priest and warlock. But that's just me.

5+ Year Old Account
    While it would cause obviously drama, blizzard has a history of being shit eating idiots in this regard, just look at survival.

- - - Updated - - -

Unholy has exactly 1 disease.
    So Festering Wounds don't exist? that mechanic accounts for a majority of my damage.

So Festering Wounds don't exist? that mechanic accounts for a majority of my damage.
    If we go by damage contribution I'm a Trinketeer or "Throwallshitatmydispoaler".. since 30% of my dps is random shit that Blizzard bolted onto my class, your argument remains as weak as before.

5+ Year Old Account
    My issue is that I can't see either fantasy existing without borrowing or sharing like priests and palidans.

Beyond that, what specs do you add to necromancer that keeps it a necromancer? A healing spec feels a bit contrived. If they had minor/basic healing abilities (or good leech), I could buy into that.

I think necromancer would be a good spec for a pure death-magic class that wasn't tied to the bastard fel-shadow-death magic hybrid that created DKs and Forsaken. Death magic in its purest sense is something we've seen very little of. Necromancers would have a wealth of opportunity if this route was taken over repeats.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

5+ Year Old Account
    If we go by damage contribution I'm a Trinketeer or "Throwallshitatmydispoaler".. you argument remains as weak as before.
    It would seem you cannot differentiate between class mechanics and gear. Thanks for your input, it will be noted in the unproductive discussion list.

dk's are nothing like necromancers so i think question is silly, literally no spec in game has to be broken to accomodate necromancer, the demo -> dh simmilarities were WAY bigger then just "both use fel", demo spec was literally about transforming into demon, wich is the dh trick, necro and dk share only general theme
    Last edited by brt2pp; 2019-10-16 at 04:15 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    My issue is that I can't see either fantasy existing without borrowing or sharing like priests and palidans.

Beyond that, what specs do you add to necromancer that keeps it a necromancer? A healing spec feels a bit contrived. If they had minor/basic healing abilities (or good leech), I could buy into that.

I think necromancer would be a good spec for a pure death-magic class that wasn't tied to the bastard fel-shadow-death magic hybrid that created DKs and Forsaken. Death magic in its purest sense is something we've seen very little of. Necromancers would have a wealth of opportunity if this route was taken over repeats.
    Something more like Drustvar magic, and blood troll magic, then?

What about the people who liked Frost and Unholy as Tanks, as well as Survival as Ranged? Bad argument is bad.

Unholy is 80% diseases.
    I didn't know Necromancers were above death-causing diseases. Y'know, to kill some things off and then raise the corpses.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post

a necromancer healer could work, drain of the life of an enemy and put it in an ally.

- - - Updated - - -

What about the people who liked Frost and Unholy as Tanks, as well as Survival as Ranged? Bad argument is bad.

I didn't know Necromancers were above death-causing diseases. Y'know, to kill some things off and then raise the corpses.
    Unholy and Frost were slowly being pushed away from tanks while in wrath. you mostly saw it in 3.3

Unholy and Frost were slowly being pushed away from tanks while in wrath. you mostly saw it in 3.3
    Doesn't change the point I was making. I actually really enjoyed Frost as both a tank and a 2h melee, and now it's a DW melee which makes no sense when Frostmourne's a god damn 2h sword.

Doesn't change the point I was making. I actually really enjoyed Frost as both a tank and a 2h melee, and now it's a DW melee which makes no sense when Frostmourne's a god damn 2h sword.
    it was also broken. also it was cursed. when Arthas was a death knight he was unholy. when he became the lich king he focused mostly on blood and unholy.