Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    And why is nobody answering my thread? This was not classic vs retail ever.
    lmao i'd love to help you out but i'd have to resub. this thread derailment is hilarious though...

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    From which data? You post random numbers, while complaining about others doing exactly that - posting random numbers.
    A weird guy on the internet once said, "Just because you say something doesn't mean it happens.".

You disapprove of his point just because he does not say "according to his calculations"? That is ridiculous beyond belief, holy crap.
    As someone who has an undergraduate in data analysis, I came 4rd in my class so I know what I'm talking about. Educated people know that common knowledge doesn't need to be referenced. Trolls demand references in the hope that they can deflect from their weak *lol* arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    My calculations show that total Classic population now sits at under 100K. Started around 250K. Be down to 25K-50K by Christmas.
    My calculations show that your calculations are bs until you provide is with actual numbers and sources.
    Total classic population isn't important anyways. It's niche and for that classic has great numbers. What's important for players is their own server population and activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Considering there was 250 K people in the queues alone just in Europe by the first week, I'd say your calculations are terribly shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd wish it were bleeding them faster, because one month and a half later the main problem is still overpopulation everywhere and nearly all servers are still layered and unable to drop to one layers (and still overpopulated on each layer).
    Sigh. You've been here 10 years yet you don't read anything in this site. Is this just a troll account designed to start fights in this site? It must be because your comments are beyond wrong. It's as if you pick a random post and just attack it without reading anything else.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This is what I got from my data too.

You probably go to heaven when you die too. Just because you say something doesn't mean it happens. Wickedtounges' data sounds right. I believe it's close to 50k now.
    this must not include BB server than. server pop at any given time is over 5k and that is just the 1 rp server. unless a tenth of the combined game population is on one medium populated rp server. this is so very, very far off.

i wish the people that dont play or like classic would just leave it alone, go play lonely retail and let the majority of us enjoy our game without all the narcissism.

Jesus, please...Just, could anyone even do what I asked for? This is not a argument thread at fucking all. These classic sub forum is toxic 10/10 or what.
    Maybe just ignore them instead of demanding that anyone who comment on your thread answer your question? I've literally never seen someone DEMAND people answer their question in a thread like you're doing right now. Unbelievable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I came 4rd in my class so I know what I'm talking about.
    Being "4rd" in a Class that has something to do with numbers might be a sign that there is something wrong with the school teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    I was a pretty heavy Classic shit talker pre release but I don't think you can make the argument that it was less than a million at launch. Every server had queues. They constantly had to open more. Multiple servers had queues of 10-15k+. On single servers.

It's heavily declined since, but my server still has queues Saturday/Sunday evenings, and it's not even the most heavily populated US server.
    Really depends on what are the servers current max capacity? Even if every server had a 15k queue the ppl in the queue total wouldnt be 1million. I think the queue sizes were much larger than the realm sizes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    this must not include BB server than. server pop at any given time is over 5k and that is just the 1 rp server. unless a tenth of the combined game population is on one medium populated rp server. this is so very, very far off.

i wish the people that dont play or like classic would just leave it alone, go play lonely retail and let the majority of us enjoy our game without all the narcissism.
    I was with you until you decided to take a jab at retail contradicting your own point. Could you edit that "lonely" part out so the statement would be more impactful?

Up until 10th of September there were realms with 15-20k queue AND 3-5 layers, meaning full virtual realms with their own population cap each.

Jesus, so many replies and nobody answered my question?

Just want to know what your AH is like on your classic realm. A lot of items listed = High pop or at least not dead realm

Please answer now <3
    32k Alliance 49k Horde as of writing this

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    Up until 10th of September there were realms with 15-20k queue AND 3-5 layers, meaning full virtual realms with their own population cap each.
    Thats not how layering works.

Example: Server has 50k players, server has 5 layers, each layer has 10k players.

Its not 5x 50k players.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Considering there was 250 K people in the queues alone just in Europe by the first week, I'd say your calculations are terribly shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd wish it were bleeding them faster, because one month and a half later the main problem is still overpopulation everywhere and nearly all servers are still layered and unable to drop to one layers (and still overpopulated on each layer).
    Even if there were 50 ppl in every zone that would only be 2000 total, hell make it 50 per faction and its 4k total. If every server had 4k total players it would be super crowded but would still be way short of 1million or even close to that total players

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Thats not how layering works.

Example: Server has 50k players, server has 5 layers, each layer has 10k players.

Its not 5x 50k players.
    You assumed I said that each layer holds 50k? I did not. The fact is that layers individually can reach the population cap of a non layered server, never said that this cap is 50K
    Assuming the actual cap is 10K, then to fit 50k in a single server you would indeed need 5 layers of 10k each.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post

This is where you can tell that an account is a troll account. True posters don't need to attack others. The numbers don't lie and they are very clear. I know what I'm talking about. I came 4rd in my data analysis class.

Disclaimer. I play retail and classic. Last night when I was on for 6 hours, I must've hated every moment of it.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    You assumed I said that each layer holds 50k? I did not. The fact is that layers individually can reach the population cap of a non layered server, never said that this cap is 50K
    Assuming the actual cap is 10K, then to fit 50k in a single server you would indeed need 5 layers of 10k each.
    The way you said it, you made it sound like it was HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Being "4rd" in a Class that has something to do with numbers might be a sign that there is something wrong with the school teachings.
    The uneducated has always attacked those of us who are educated. Always reminds me of that meme of the android user and apple user in the elevator where the android user screeched something and the apple user replied "I don't think about you at all".
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    12,234 auctions right now alliance side on Deviate Delight. One of the low/med pop classic realms.

30k on my classic realm - 60k on the retail 'realm'

It's strange though. Retail is fine but classic really feels as though it has too many players. Economically it resembles a overcrowed dystopian future rather than the halcyon days of yore.

We need off-world colonies for the classic masses, allowing for the truly civilized classic elites to enjoy their rustic wonderland in peace.

Reading some of the math in this thread, from both anti-Classic and pro-Classic people, I'm convinced most of the posters here ended their education around first grade.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    The way you said it, you made it sound like it was HUGE.
    It was huge

But I wont provide data out of my @$$
    Blizzard stated that they never had more than 9 layers (to be correct they said "single digit number of layers" at any given realm) at any given moment including the actual launch
    Also stated that they increased the population cap of each server few days after launch (I think during 1st reset)
    Lastly they stated that there was not a single server with over 2 layers after 10th of September.

The key number missing here is the actual population cap per realm / layer. If we had that, we could make a pretty good estimation of the players being simultaneously on line during peak hours, now as it is we can be greatly mistaken.

In my server at the beginning, I was able to know for a fact that there were over 2.500 ppl alliance side, by doing a /who query per level and getting 50+ ppl as a result to over 40 levels.
    Mind you that unfiltered /who was returning the total number of players in my realm not only my layer's number.
    At the same moment though, 50+ could easily be 80 ppl at a specific level or even 100, potentially greatly increasing the 2.500 ppl, alliance side only, minimum I gave above. Without any more refined tool to make an educated guess, you can't provide the actual number, only a minimum. That leaves us with a potential minimum of 5.000 people (H+A) in a non top populated realm. The actual total population figure could be 10k or 15k even but I accept that only Blizzard can provide the information we re all talking about. Gehennas, Faerlina etc, are easily triple the numbers stated above, though, because my realm (Nethergarde Keep) is not even in the top 10 out of 23 EU - EN servers, and I never had a queue of over 2k shortly after launch and queue at all after 15 of September (while I witnessed 24k queue on Shazzrah EU-EN, even though it could have more layers than mine. I am pretty confident that we never had over 3 layers in my realm.

Right now Nethergarde Keep is listed as "FULL" together with 15 other servers of EU - EN Region.
    Going back to the game, be well.