Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I think my main problem with Red Flag laws is the idea that you have a person so violent or such a danger that you're going to go into their home and remove their guns, but... meh, let them roam the streets. They're no problem without guns, so lets not do anything? They certainly won't gain some other weapon or drive their car over a parade, right?

If someone threatens someone and it's a credible threat, a restraining order already removes their guns.
    If someone is mentally ill and a threat to themselves or others, having them committed already removes their guns.

Most circumstances where a person should be "red flagged" are also cases that already would fall under some other restriction if enforced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

That is a excellent point.
    No its not.
    Based on the "point", we should not do anything then, not outlaw anything, not regulate anything.....because they will just go out and do something else.....

what a wonderful plan.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    No its not.
    Based on the "point", we should not do anything then, not outlaw anything, not regulate anything.....because they will just go out and do something else.....

what a wonderful plan.
    OMG, that makes so much sense, so long as you ignore what the actual discussion was about, you are totally correct or something I guess.

The point is, if someone is a threat and must be red flagged, maybe taking away their guns isn't the endgoal, maybe you should be getting that person treatment or a nice cell. The threat doesn't end at guns.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    OMG, that makes so much sense, so long as you ignore what the actual discussion was about, you are totally correct or something I guess.

The point is, if someone is a threat and must be red flagged, maybe taking away their guns isn't the endgoal, maybe you should be getting that person treatment or a nice cell. The threat doesn't end at guns.
    Those proposed red flag laws specifically allow for those things to happen....not sure what you are arguing?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

...not sure what you are arguing?
    I believe he figured that out and thus, his reply.

interesting.. since at least half of those do not impede on your right to arms....

What is the harm in a registry?
    Tracking all sales?
    Red flag reporting and investigation (nothing about taking away anything till due process is completed)?

the other two I can see people being wary of without strict controls.

- - - Updated - - -

Another day another good "guy" with a gun....killed by another good guy with a gun....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-shooting.html

Black woman pointed her gun out the window fearing white cop who killed her in her own home was a trespasser

Jefferson was playing video games with her eight-year-old nephew when they heard a noise outside and she got up to investigate, assuming it was a prowler
    The warrant quoted the nephew as saying his aunt had picked up a handgun and was pointing it out the window when she was shot by Dean
    Bodycam footage showed Dean - who did not identify himself as police - shining a flashlight into the home as Jefferson approached the bedroom window
    He shouted at her to show her hands and fired the fatal shot a split-second later
    The video indicated that he could not have seen the gun in her hand before firing

He said Jefferson behaved as any Texas homeowner would have if they thought someone was stalking around their home

Of course this is now where people are going to come in and say "he wasn't a good guy with a gun"....
    Ask the jews of NAzi Germany , or those who grew up in Communist Russia, or even Chinese people today how they Feel about National registries . Fuck that noise
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Ask the jews of NAzi Germany , or those who grew up in Communist Russia, or even Chinese people today how they Feel about National registries . Fuck that noise
    YA!!
    It worse than having a national registry like...umm...social security.....

or the myriad of other registries you are already part of.....

next excuse and strawman's please.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

You need to convince gun owners that new laws will actually do something to reduce gun crime. You don't need to convince the other side they will take literally anything suggested.

How in your opinion would a registry do anything to combat gun crime? Gun owners know it's been used before for confiscation so it needs to be a reason that outweighs the negative.

Requiring gun insurance just sounds like a barrier of entry that will fuck over poor people who want to follow the law and not anyone who commits crimes with them. Probably also violates the 2nd amendment.

Sales tracking i don't see how it would do anything. Background checks are already done on almost all gun sales and thousands are failed by prohibited people, not that anything gets done about it. What would tracking the sales do to combat gun crime?

Mental health screenings you need to explain more. Mental health screenings for literally everyone who wants to buy a gun? Again probably a 2nd amendment infringement to require such a thing. Mental health screenings for people already known to have issues? Sure but will it lower gun crime any?

Random owner screenings? What's the crime reducing effect? Sounds like illegal search an seizure without probable cause. The mere known ownership of a weapon does not justify the government randomly showing up at your door to check on your shit. Sounds about as useful as TSA's random screenings.

What in your opinion is a red flag law and how would it differ from current laws that already prohibit people for certain crimes? If it has to follow due process then a law probably already exists that had the same effect.

Black woman pointed her gun out the window fearing white cop who killed her in her own home was a trespasser

Jefferson was playing video games with her eight-year-old nephew when they heard a noise outside and she got up to investigate, assuming it was a prowler
    The warrant quoted the nephew as saying his aunt had picked up a handgun and was pointing it out the window when she was shot by Dean
    Bodycam footage showed Dean - who did not identify himself as police - shining a flashlight into the home as Jefferson approached the bedroom window
    He shouted at her to show her hands and fired the fatal shot a split-second later
    The video indicated that he could not have seen the gun in her hand before firing

He said Jefferson behaved as any Texas homeowner would have if they thought someone was stalking around their home
    She had no idea who the person was, she thought a burgles was outside, which is why she had a gun so please stop with the race baiting police bashing bullshit.

Of course this is now where people are going to come in and say "he wasn't a good guy with a gun"....
    When people say good guy with a gun they're not talking about police officers, they mean everyday citizens. She was a good girl with a gun who got shot by a fucking stupid asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    She had no idea who the person was, she thought a burgles was outside, which is why she had a gun so please stop with the race baiting police bashing bullshit.
    Who was race bating? I linked a story and made no comment about the cause being because of race.
    Projecting much? You don't like the story and its facts, complain to the dailymail or the dozen other publications that posted the same story.
    Race had nothing to do with it.

And who bashed the police? I didn't. The story didn't either.
    You seem to be very confused maybe you meant to respond to someone else's comments?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    When people say good guy with a gun they're not talking about police officers, they mean everyday citizens. She was a good girl with a gun who got shot by a fucking stupid asshole.
    wait you saying cops are not good guys??

Welp thanks for proving my point about how a good guy with a gun is only good till something happens then its "kick him out of the good guy club".
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

wait you saying cops are not good guys??

Welp thanks for proving my point about how a good guy with a gun is only good till something happens then its "kick him out of the good guy club".
    This has been explained to you more than once that when people say, "good guy with a gun", they are talking about an armed citizen. You are either unwilling to learn this context or unable, you pick.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    You need to convince gun owners that new laws will actually do something to reduce gun crime. You don't need to convince the other side they will take literally anything suggested.

How in your opinion would a registry do anything to combat gun crime? Gun owners know it's been used before for confiscation so it needs to be a reason that outweighs the negative.

Requiring gun insurance just sounds like a barrier of entry that will fuck over poor people who want to follow the law and not anyone who commits crimes with them. Probably also violates the 2nd amendment.

Sales tracking i don't see how it would do anything. Background checks are already done on almost all gun sales and thousands are failed by prohibited people, not that anything gets done about it. What would tracking the sales do to combat gun crime?

Mental health screenings you need to explain more. Mental health screenings for literally everyone who wants to buy a gun? Again probably a 2nd amendment infringement to require such a thing. Mental health screenings for people already known to have issues? Sure but will it lower gun crime any?

Random owner screenings? What's the crime reducing effect? Sounds like illegal search an seizure without probable cause. The mere known ownership of a weapon does not justify the government randomly showing up at your door to check on your shit. Sounds about as useful as TSA's random screenings.

What in your opinion is a red flag law and how would it differ from current laws that already prohibit people for certain crimes? If it has to follow due process then a law probably already exists that had the same effect.
    I know your questions where not directed at me, but I thought I would share my short opinion on the subject of registration of firearms....

A National Registry for firearms in the US is never going to be practical. Too many are in citizens hands already. And to make it mandatory for all firearm owners to register them? It would be largely ignored. Besides, what other Constitutional right do we have to register to do before we can?
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Wondering if anyone's seen this yet:

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post

lmao, us americans sure do love our fear mongering.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post

I have seen it before. It is good for schools to have drills in case of any type of threat to the safety of the students. But more than just that, installing measures which will help them survive threats is more important. Having strong security is always a good thing.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Shotgun versus baseball bat and rocks....https://www.foxnews.com/sports/eagle...-defend-report

Philadelphia Eagles star Fletcher Cox usually spends his days trying to sack quarterbacks, but an incident last week forced the defensive lineman to rush a burglar that entered his New Jersey home.

A man identified as Corbyn Nyemah showed up at Cox’s Mullica Hill home looking for his ex-girlfriend, whom the star defensive tackle is currently dating, WPVI-TV reported Wednesday, citing court documents. The woman is not named.

Nyemah allegedly damaged the woman’s vehicle and tried to enter the home by throwing rocks through the front door. He also walked around the property with a baseball bat and tried to enter the home through the garage, police said.

Cox armed himself with a shotgun, forcing the suspect to flee in his SUV, the station reported.

Nyemah told WPVI-TV that much of what he is accused of his true and that all he wanted was to talk to his ex-girlfriend, who he dated for two years. He said the two were allegedly working on rekindling their relationship.

Lol! What a dumbass.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-10-23 at 04:02 PM.

Shotgun versus baseball bat and rocks....
    Guns and Good Guys versus Innocent kids.....

https://pix11.com/2019/10/23/girl-4-...r-finding-gun/

Girl, 4, accidentally shoots father and herself after finding gun

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-u...oting-teen-gun

Florida Uber driver charged after accidentally shooting girl, 15, while holstering gun

https://www.wric.com/news/local-news...all-loved-him/

are mourning the loss of one of their former students, 14-year-old Tyrone Williams, who was accidentally shot and killed by a family member over the weekend.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was interesting from a a recent campaign video of Biden....https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe...hooting-victim

In a campaign video, Joe Biden claims he met with all families affected by the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting in Connecticut.

But at least one family member who lost a loved one in the bloody massacre – in which a gunman killed 20 children and six adults – claims Biden is distorting the facts.

"The issue of gun violence has been a concern of mine for a long, long time," Biden says in the video. "What really got to me though, really firsthand, was what happened up at Sandy Hook.

"I think I met with every one of the parents," he continues, "and ... the families of those who were lost."

“This is a lie,” Lewis writes in a Twitter message about Biden’s claim. “Obama came to Sandy Hook and met with every family. Joe Biden DID NOT.

In fact,” Lewis adds, “my family was not allowed on Air Force One because we refused to support Obama/Biden gun control efforts.”

So in other words, they refused to be used as pawns in their war on gun rights.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-10-24 at 02:36 PM.

I thought this was interesting from a a recent campaign video of Biden....https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe...hooting-victim

In a campaign video, Joe Biden claims he met with all families affected by the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting in Connecticut.

But at least one family member who lost a loved one in the bloody massacre – in which a gunman killed 20 children and six adults – claims Biden is distorting the facts.

"The issue of gun violence has been a concern of mine for a long, long time," Biden says in the video. "What really got to me though, really firsthand, was what happened up at Sandy Hook.

"I think I met with every one of the parents," he continues, "and ... the families of those who were lost."

“This is a lie,” Lewis writes in a Twitter message about Biden’s claim. “Obama came to Sandy Hook and met with every family. Joe Biden DID NOT.

In fact,” Lewis adds, “my family was not allowed on Air Force One because we refused to support Obama/Biden gun control efforts.”

So in other words, they refused to be used as pawns in their war on gun rights.

Well that is a wonderful conspiracy with no basis in fact and no proof other than a 12 year olds recollection.....

Lets see...oh pictures....proof:

http://csweb.brookings.edu/content/r...un-safety.html

On April 17, 2013, Sandy Hook Promise families got a bitter taste of Senate procedure and gun politics after the defeat of a bipartisan compromise to require criminal background checks for all commercial gun purchases. Mark Barden, left, who lost his son Daniel in Newtown said: "We return home for now, disappointed but not defeated. We return home with a determination that change will happen, maybe not today but soon." L-R: Mark Barden; former Rep. Gabby Giffords; Neil Heslin, father of Jesse Lewis; President Barak Obama; Vice President Joe Biden; Jackie Barden, with daughter Natalie; and Nicole Hockley, mother of Dylan.

https://www.theday.com/article/20130321/NWS12/130329912

Published March 21. 2013 4:00PM | Updated March 21. 2013 4:31PM

NEW YORK (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden, Mayor Michael Bloomberg and parents who lost children in the Newtown school massacre met Thursday to redouble efforts for tougher gun restrictions after a setback in Congress, challenging lawmakers to look beyond the politics that appear likely to doom a proposed assault weapons ban.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Well that is a wonderful conspiracy with no basis in fact and no proof other than a 12 year olds recollection.....

Lets see...oh pictures....proof:
    The article Ghostpanther linked says:
    "Biden addressed Sandy Hook family members June 15, 2016, CBS News reported, but it was unclear whether all families were represented."

Seems perfectly logical that not every family went to the later event and that he did not meet all of them.
    In his defense, of course, is that his claim is "I think I met", so it's just another "Uncle Joe's meandering memory moment", not a conspiracy theory.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."