Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I will generally gank most things I see once.

If I get ganked then I like to try and get one up on them so will try and kill them twice.
    If a higher level or better geared/skilled person than me ganks, then I can settle for getting even.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I agree 100%. All I'm saying is 90/10 I can believe. But there is a big gap to 99/1.
    I would bet Kazzak EU were veeery close atleast. Poor alliance souls on that server lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rivex View Post
    Well when you're utter trash at PvP you have no choice but to corpse camp low level/lower skilled people to feel better about yourself. Like how guys with small manhoods own trucks and hummers
    This pretty much. I also think there are deeper psychological issues in the works. Like those sociopathic kids that killed small animals all the time.

But as I've said earlier. Better they get their rage out in wow than take it out irl on other people...

It depends.

Yesterday I had a mage (9 levels above me) and priest (same level) gank me and then camp me 3 times. They were camping a mage (same level) as well. Me and the fellow mage grouped up after the 2nd time we had been camped, and a fellow druid (same level) came by and we invited him - we then proceeded to kill the mage and priest, and decided to camp them because they camped us. We killed them twice and then they spirit rez'd, felt extremely satisfying getting revenge, as what felt well deserved.

There is definitely a honour to ganking and camping, that is subjective to a large degree from player to player.

I think levels play a big roll in what is considered honourable. If you are repeatedly ganking (5 or more times) a player who is 10+ levels below you. that is pretty pathetic of you, kill them a couple times then let them be. Look for a challenge!

Faction Loyalty may lead someone to think killing the other faction repeatedly regardless of level is the way to go. It may be if you want to completely dominate the other faction, but it can easily turn into a dishourable way of playing, actually giving your faction/server/guild a bad name - because you dont look for a fair fight.

So for me, I try to find a challenge in pvp - that's what makes it competitive. You're on a equal playing field and it becomes rewarding to win from making a skillful play, not just facerolling to kill low levels.

I think camping someone for more than 5-10 times (depending on the context) is too much. However, if someone has camped you 20 times, its okay for you to do it to them 20 times + 5 times, in return :P
    like totally dude-bro, I couldn't have said it better myself mang

10+ Year Old Account
    And like I said, prove me wrong, but I don't believe any server has ever been 99/1.
    Currently soulflayer is 97/3, used to be 99/1 at some point, with virtually 100 alliance players active
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Corpse camping is allways griefing. Dunno in what bag of poo did you take your ideas from.
    The blizzard FAQ.

I don't care if I get ganked. I rolled a PvP server, it's gonna happen. If I run back to my corpse and if I see that I'm being camped by multiple players or a higher level player, I just go AFK. There's probably laundry that needs doing, or some dishes that need washing. Maybe I need to pop down to the store. I'll use it as an opportunity to get something done IRL, while this player sits and sits there waiting for me to respawn. by the time I've finished whatever I'm doing and go back to my PC they'll have left out of boredom.

Right... Can you show all of us please?
    Been linked multiple times already. But since you dont have google:

"All players can actively choose when they wish to engage in PvP combat.

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

Corpse camping
    Killing players well below your level

World of Warcraft Classic
    In World of Warcraft Classic, you can choose to create a character on a PvP realm."

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

I can link the one from vanilla as well if you really want, but its EXACTLY the same wording. WILL NOT BE ADDRESSED.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-10-16 at 09:18 PM.

I dont read anywhere that camping is RP.
    Also doesnt address the griefing.
    Yes, it does. Seriously, stop being so silly. Its right there in black and white.

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

Corpse camping

This is from blizzard. This is from the company that makes the rules. You are literally trying to argue with the people who make the rules. Corpse camping is NEVER actionable by a gm. And anyone who says otherwise is mistaken.

You can read, right? This is BLIZZARD. They are telling you, clear as day, that corpse camping is absolutely allowed, and will "NOT BE ADDRESSED BY OUR GAME MASTER STAFF"

Do people still complain about getting camped after they chose to roll on a PvP realm? That's kinda funny.

Dude... Griefing is griefing. Illegal or legal is griefing.
    And corpse camping isnt considered griefing by blizzard

Any amount of camping is too much, the same with killing lowbies. It just shows how pathetic and possibly sociopathic you are.

And you're slowly discovering why world pvp is dead. It isn't fun, because people behave in terrible ways, and blizzards rules are terrible for it.

give it a few months, and the classic kids will discover why it died to begin with.

Dude... Griefing is griefing. Illegal or legal is griefing.
    How is a legitimate PvP tactic griefing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    And you're slowly discovering why world pvp is dead. It isn't fun, because people behave in terrible ways, and blizzards rules are terrible for it.

give it a few months, and the classic kids will discover why it died to begin with.
    Why refer to them as kids? Seems a bit childish.

Why refer to them as kids? Seems a bit childish.
    How are they behaving? From the no don't change my toy it's perfect, to acting like ingrates with world pvp and slowly ruining the thing they allegedly love to do. Like I said, there's a reason world PvP died. And you're seeing it happen again.

Though I see where your mindset is, in that you consider corpse camping a legitimate tactic lol. Enjoy it while it lasts I guess.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't buy any of those stories of people camping corpses for hours or days.. no one is stupid enough to keep trying to rez and not move on to something else after a few times.

And no one is stupid enough to wait for hours for someone to come back. If the person has not tried to rez for over 15-20 minutes, chances are he's logged off, on an alt, and not even trying anymore.

There are so many things to do or other targets elsewhere, I am sure everyone move on rather quickly from those situations, from either side.

Nice try though...

How are they behaving? From the no don't change my toy it's perfect, to acting like ingrates with world pvp and slowly ruining the thing they allegedly love to do. Like I said, there's a reason world PvP died. And you're seeing it happen again.

Though I see where your mindset is, in that you consider corpse camping a legitimate tactic lol. Enjoy it while it lasts I guess.
    I'm telling you BLIZZARD consider it a legitimate PvP tactic, and BLIZZARD make the rules, and BLIZZARD dictate what the threshold for griefing is, and have made it extremely clear that corpse camping is not considered.

I'm telling you BLIZZARD consider it a legitimate PvP tactic, and BLIZZARD make the rules, and BLIZZARD dictate what the threshold for griefing is, and have made it extremely clear that corpse camping is not considered.
    Yes the argumentative equivalent of I was only following orders.

Like we need blizzard to say what is considered griefing.

They either consider it illegal or legal.

There are many games where griefing is allowed. Eve online for example.

Doesnt really change the nature of the action.
    Well actually, it does. Context matters here. An in this context, griefing is an actionable offense. And everyone knows that and is desperately trying to claim that corpse camping meets that threshold, when blizzard have clearly stated it does not.

Use another word. Say corpse camping is "frustrating". It's "annoying". That's fine, but it is not griefing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the argumentative equivalent of I was only following orders.
    Did you just try and compare wpvp in wow to the genocide and slaughter of millions of innocent people? The lengths you guys will go to to try and "win" and argument is so pathetic.

And no, you are miles off base. It's playing the game within the well defined rules, with other willing participants.

Did you just try and compare wpvp in wow to the genocide and slaughter of millions of innocent people? The lengths you guys will go to to try and "win" and argument is so pathetic.

And no, you are miles off base. It's playing the game within the well defined rules, with other willing participants.
    You can't honestly be so obtuse as to think that's what I said. Do you need someone to hold your hands through every argument?

Since you've demonstrated that this argument is above you, and I refuse to fall that far down, let's just end this here shall we.