Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not the rules that were the problem for Blizzard, it was their response that was the problem.

Riot is clearly laying out guidelines for what is/isn't acceptable. If Blizz had been as clear, this wouldn't have blown up the way it has.

We can agree that the rules may be shitty, but they're actually owned by a Chinese company, Tencent, so they're not playing by the same set of rules as Blizzard. And they haven't been as vocal about their "values" as Blizzard has either, especially in the wake of their internal harassment/sexism/etc. scandals.
    Sounds like human rights are very selective with some people, so I wont even go into your stance on Riot's history of homophobia and sexism?

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, zero interest in any of those genres.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    DAMMIT!
    I cant enjoy videogames anymore knowing the China situation.
    You know that character on the Matrix's movie who says "Ignorance is Bliss" (cypher)...yeah...i cant simply enjoy games anymore...
    I feel bad and feel like an hypocrite
    You can always make your own game check mate libs.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not the rules that were the problem for Blizzard, it was their response that was the problem.

Riot is clearly laying out guidelines for what is/isn't acceptable. If Blizz had been as clear, this wouldn't have blown up the way it has.

We can agree that the rules may be shitty, but they're actually owned by a Chinese company, Tencent, so they're not playing by the same set of rules as Blizzard. And they haven't been as vocal about their "values" as Blizzard has either, especially in the wake of their internal harassment/sexism/etc. scandals.
    Blitzchung tweeted after the incident that he knew that he was breaking the rules. So someone not knowing the rules is just bullshit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You just made my argument why they wont catch on. Thanks
    A minute ago, you said it had to be totally different and unique and genre defining, and now you're saying it has to be a casual crapfest.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Sounds like human rights are very selective with some people, so I wont even go into your stance on Riot's history of homophobia and sexism?
    Well, Riot, as a Chinese-owned company, again, plays by different rules than Blizzard, who are not owned by a Chinese company. That's not to blindly defend Riot by any means, but until they take action as Blizzard did, they're in no way going to approach the same kind of backlash.

And what do you mean about my stance about Riots history? The Kotaku report was damning and corroborated by multiple current and former employees, and Riot didn't even try to deny most of it because it was true. Riot suffers from many of the same problems a lot of tech companies (gaming is tech) with young leadership suffer from - frat-bro mentalities that they never grew out of being the standard in what should be a professional working environment.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i have a feeling that blizzard is gonna kick back hard with blizzcon and blow everyone away
    I really don't think they have it in them anymore.

Are you SJWs polluting every thread with China?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Sounds like human rights are very selective with some people
    Don't be disingenuous. There's no "human right" to be given free reign with someone else's platform. I agree with your overall sentiment and I don't like what Blizzard did, but if you are going to hate them at least do it honestly.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    So a Chinesium hearthstone, a Chinesium overwatch, a Chinesium diablo, and a Chinesium street fighter.

Expect f2p games with tons of microtransactions.
    Exactly.
    Especially funny to see the people screeching about the HS debacle now treat this as the second coming.

Meanwhile, Tencent.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Exactly.
    Especially funny to see the people screeching about the HS debacle now treat this as the second coming.

Meanwhile, Tencent.
    How even can you argue Riot games is "agressive" in any way or form when it comes to monetization?

Compared to Blizzard?
    HotS? -----> Major Aggressive
    Hearthstone ------> Major Aggressive

Anyway This card game even has a weekly LIMIT to real money spent ingame!
    I agree its a publicity stunt...because i never seen this in my life...but still...there is a weekly LIMIT to spending RL Money in this game.
    Also you can buy specific cards so there is little to no randomness.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-10-16 at 10:18 PM.

How even can you argue Riot games is "agressive" in any way or form when it comes to monetization?

Compared to Blizzard?
    HotS? -----> Major Agressive
    Hearthstone ------> Major Agressive

Anyway This card game even has a weekly LIMIT to real money spent ingame!
    I agree its a publicity stunt...because i never seen this in my life...but still...there is a weekly LIMIT to spending RL Money in this game.
    Also you can buy specific cards so there is little to no randomness.
    I literally didn't use the word "aggressive", you did.

I'd suggest that you read what I responded to again.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I literally didn't use the word "aggressive", you did.

I'd suggest that you read what I responded to again.
    AH sorry, you were talking about the China situation...my bad...im trying to avoid that like the plague...i get depressed everytime

Blizzard has thrown away HotS, basically forsaken Starcraft, done shit with Diablo for about 10 years (only to come out with a fucking mobile game) and nott done anything new in Overwatch for like the last 2 years and repeatedly told us to just wait for the next big thing coming. Can't wait to see what they'll come up with compared to Riot. It's probably gonna be something huge... like... another remaster of one of their 30 year old games!!11

But, in Blizzard's defense... it's not hard to come up with a random HS expansion 3 times a year, shit out some garbage expansion like WoD or BFA every couple years... and... do some random Overwatch skins. and of course, the aforementioned remasters of games from a time where the name Blizzard actually stood for quality.

Blizzard is dead, long live our Chinese tencent overlords Riot!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I hope Blizzard does not do something like this. At least bring something surprising. At least when Hearthstone was announced, there was a genuine moment of WTF.
    I disagree, still waiting for my single player RPG set in Warcraft and the starcraft shooter even though neither will realistically happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Actually, yes, we needed another card game that is not that aggressive on the PAY WALL GATING.
    We needed this card game.

It seems so much fun.

A little bit of a story going on "live" about this game:
    Kripparrian fought Trump with an insane deck he made up that seems overpowered
    video:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Kripparrian

And then Trump got salty and implemented Krip's tech into one of his decks and made a Hybrid of the best of both worlds
    video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W889ApyEec

We are seeing "strategy-making" and "theory-crafting" happening LIVE.
    Exciting times

(i love card games)
    I get the same thing from MTG Arena. And it's up to me how much I want to spend on a game, not the company's decision. Acting like this game is groundbreaking when it isn't is looney.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I get the same thing from MTG Arena. And it's up to me how much I want to spend on a game, not the company's decision. Acting like this game is groundbreaking when it isn't is looney.
    I never played the recent online MTG.
    How is the monetization there? Aggressive like Hearthstone?

I lack a better word...i call it "aggressive" (>_<)

15+ Year Old Account
    The League of Legends universe never caught my eye. Nothing really excites me from these announcements. :/

Considering how shitty of a company is, and how they have done their damnedest to ruin LOL, I have little hope for these, or little desire to even play them. I enjoy TFT when it first came out, but the constant, and in my opinion completely over down changes weekly ruined my desire to play. Really a case of "you were so wrapped up in if you could, you never thought if you should."

I do find it funny on the LoL reddit how people were making cries that riot could replace Blizzard now that Blizzard fucked up the HS thing, like Riot isn't a company owned by a Chinese company, or didn't have a huge problem with bro-culture/sexual harassment lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    A minute ago, you said it had to be totally different and unique and genre defining, and now you're saying it has to be a casual crapfest.
    Those arent mutually exclusive. Lol is a good example itself.