Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    You misunderstand my point. I think your idea isn't bad but Bards as a concept are always support, a role that Blizzard vehemently is against since, gosh, the days of WotLK.
    Bards are not "solely support". Bards can be easily made to fit three of the four class roles within the game (melee dps, ranged dps, healer).

To say that bards "must be support class" not only shows a lack of imagination, but can actually sound pretty dishonest, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Hex is dark voodoo.
    So one ability makes the shaman class a "shadow hunter"? I guess the tech abilities in the hunter class makes them a "tinker", then. All good, by your logic, there's no need for a tinker class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Bards are not "solely support". Bards can be easily made to fit three of the four class roles within the game (melee dps, ranged dps, healer).

To say that bards "must be support class" not only shows a lack of imagination, but can actually sound pretty dishonest, too.
    You misunderstand me. People support bards because they like that type of support. It's always been a part of any class like that. The singing helps their friends fight better, etc. Take that away and you're basically just dovahkin or something.

- - - Updated - - -

So one ability makes the shaman class a "shadow hunter"? I guess the tech abilities in the hunter class makes them a "tinker", then. All good, by your logic, there's no need for a tinker class.
    the only problem with bard is we need more lore based around it meens we need to involve the rock band and E.T.C more

Name those "technological gadgets" in the Hunter class.
    Sticky Tar, Hi Explosive Trap, Wildfire Bombs, Tracker's Net. Plenty of stuff that's similar to what you get in Engineering cept in Class form; like the various bombs and the Net-O-Matic.

You misunderstand me. People support bards because they like that type of support. It's always been a part of any class like that. The singing helps their friends fight better, etc. Take that away and you're basically just dovahkin or something.
    Both the beauty and the curse of Bards is that there is virtually nothing Bardic in Warcraft, so the sky's the limit. There are a lot of different sources that can be plucked from (vague pun intended). I think that a support style Healer spec could definitely work. The Minstrel in LotrO does it pretty well.

I don't think the D&D style of Bard translates very well into the current game though. The Jack of All Trades but master of none is a poor fit in a game that rewards hyper specialization.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Both the beauty and the curse of Bards is that there is virtually nothing Bardic in Warcraft, so the sky's the limit. There are a lot of different sources that can be plucked from (vague pun intended). I think that a support style Healer spec could definitely work. The Minstrel in LotrO does it pretty well.

I don't think the D&D style of Bard translates very well into the current game though. The Jack of All Trades but master of none is a poor fit in a game that rewards hyper specialization.
    the only thing diffrent is i think it be more heavy rock metal based

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Sticky Tar, Hi Explosive Trap, Wildfire Bombs, Tracker's Net. Plenty of stuff that's similar to what you get in Engineering cept in Class form; like the various bombs and the Net-O-Matic.
    So two traps, a bomb, and a net is your definition of "technological gadgets a plenty"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    the only thing diffrent is i think it be more heavy rock metal based
    Yup. The core gameplay would have to be to string together the right chords to play Ace of Spades by Motorhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    What is a tinker ??!!
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Tinker_(Warcraft_III)

=V=

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing Wave (Chain Heal) and Serpent Ward (Glyphed Searing Totem) were also abilities from the Shadow Hunter that went to Shaman.

I would love to see 3/4 of the Tinker's WC3 abilities in the Hunter class.

Again, no. People who want bard into WoW know exactly the limitation of the "holy trinity" of class roles and do not want a "support class".

- - - Updated - - -

the only problem with bard is we need more lore based around it meens we need to involve the rock band and E.T.C more
    We had zero lore for the style of monks used for the playable monk class prior to MoP. And no, we don't "need" to involve the the rock bands.

- - - Updated - - -

Healing Wave (Chain Heal) and Serpent Ward (Glyphed Searing Totem) were also abilities from the Shadow Hunter that went to Shaman.

I would love to see 3/4 of the Tinker's WC3 abilities in the Hunter class.
    But the shaman is not a shadow hunter. The shadow hunter wields bladed weapons, that the shaman cannot. Shadow hunters depend on voodoo, not with bargains with the elementals.

Again, no. People who want bard into WoW know exactly the limitation of the "holy trinity" of class roles and do not want a "support class".

- - - Updated - - -

We had zero lore for the style of monks used for the playable monk class prior to MoP. And no, we don't "need" to involve the the rock bands.
    chen the pandaren was in rexxar story in warcraft 3 blade master is a monk but bladestorm is on warrior while monk got windwalker movement speed

10+ Year Old Account
    But the shaman is not a shadow hunter. The shadow hunter wields bladed weapons, that the shaman cannot. Shadow hunters depend on voodoo, not with bargains with the elementals.
    Shaman can wield axes. Those are bladed weapons.

Also Shaman had Voodoo totem, which made Hex an AoE.

chen the pandaren was in rexxar story in warcraft 3 blade master is a monk but bladestorm is on warrior while monk got windwalker movement speed
    Um... no. In Warcraft 3, Chen Stormstout was a brewmaster, not a blademaster.

Um... no. In Warcraft 3, Chen Stormstout was a brewmaster, not a blademaster.
    i did not say chen was a blademaster but the hero blademaster is a monk

But those aren't the weapons the shadow hunters use. The shadow hunters would throw those blades, too.

And? Those are still side abilities, not the main theme of the class.

Again, Teriz, you're using double-standards. First you say a shaman is a shadow hunter using voodoo because of Hex, but then you get all up in arms when that logic is thrown back in your face when people point out that hunters have tech abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I looked into the lore as well. It's pretty vague. Some of the wikis say that they use dark magic to create ranger spells and abilities. Does that mean they'd be limited to such? We've just seen Sylvanas, for example, blast Saurfang with a very un-ranger-like spell.

That's the thing about Dark Rangers: They're vague enough that Blizzard could fill in with just about anything dark or edgy. Claiming specifics one way or another is not something you're going to be able to definitively prove.
    That's just it though, that spell was pure Sylvanas. That was unlike anything anyone's seen before. They couldn't even tell what type of magic it was.

I'm not even claiming specifics, I'm claiming their background. Which is literally them being an altered hunter. It's so linked that they hunters had Black Arrow, Nathanos (another Dark Ranger) is the Hunter trainer, Dark Rangers are members of the Unseen Path (the Hunter Class Order), and offers a questline in the Class Hall to give you a Darlk Ranger hood for transmog.

Like, if there was lore out there about a type of rogue that used accentuated their skills with ice magic, I'd be arguing the same thing too.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for tinkers being gnome/goblin-only, it's an objectively bad choice. Restricting a new class to the two least played races would hurt the class' popularity much more than it'd boost those races popularity.
    They won't be restricted to Gnomes and Goblins, Mechagnomes will get them too.

If Blizzard is really worried about that, then they'll allow Vulpera to be Tinkers too. No biggie.

i did not say chen was a blademaster but the hero blademaster is a monk
    Ah, ok. The blademaster. No, he wasn't a monk. At least he's not depicted as such in his WC3 bio. On top of that, we're talking about the lore of the playable monk class, which, again, we had zero prior to MoP.

Shadow Hunters wield glaives and voodoo is their source of power. Just because one or two abilities that shamans do are similar to shadow hunter abilities doesn't make them anything close to the same.