Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My guess is that Blizzard will justify this the same way Tauren Paladins function. In game the spell effects will be the same and to the player it won't look any different, but to the lore that's where things will change. If anything Blizzard will likely introduce a copycat of the Illidari, who created some way to harness demon souls to create Demon Hunters (which in fact might not even go by that name in the lore as Tauren Paladins are called Sunwalkers), albeit differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    orcs and draeneis should be DH from the start, there is also no reason sense to put the other elves just because they are elves, those make as much sense as the others, and who knows what kind of shit would happen with void elves who eat a demon soul
    The reason is because of the narrative Blizzard chose to tell. Every Demon Hunter player was part of the Illidari and was imprisoned after his death. Illidan was basically an elf supremacist. Now, if the story was told where the Illidari evolved after Illidan was defeated at the Black Temple, and you play as some DH who strives to fight the Legion as they're returning, then yeah Orcs and Draenei would have likely gotten the demon soul infusion.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2019-10-17 at 01:11 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lets be more realistic here guys... the only ones that could work because of "Wings clipping" and "demon hunter gear" and "glaive stance" dont forget the glaive stance....
    Are other types of THE SAME SKELETON allied races...

-NightBorne (felborne) Demon Hunter
    -Void Elf (void hunter) demon hunter

thats my take out. The rest of allied races that you guys are pointing out are "corrupted versions" of the races, like Corrupted Fel Orc, Fel Totems... really. Demon Hunters are not corrupted, just dominated the demon within, while corrupted races, the demon took over the body or sometimes it melted between the 2.

And again... the Glaive stance people.., that shit its hard to make animations...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Alright. You made the positive claim that they are. Therefore the burden of proof is on you. Care to show us your evidence?

Because, if I recall, the most powerful paladin beat the most powerful death knight. And one orc warrior beat a demon that belongs to the same kind that smacked Illidan like a beetch.
    You're confusing named NPCs and story narrative with what the lore dictates. Hero Classes are the strongest warriors. Look it up, or remain in willful ignorance. It doesn't matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    I have always believed that the story's quality is way more important over the quantity. But it looks like it's not the case anymore.

Everyone argues that BfA gave the biggest chunk of content lorewise. And as far as it might be true, the quality did not follow whatsoever. It's the most poorly written story in WoW's lifespan. Not only isn't it coherent, but also childish and cheesy.

Let's take the example of Calia Menethil. She came out of nowhere in Legion, that was a mistake on it's own. Now, people believe she would fit the role of Forsaken leader - I agree, but there's hardly any buildup for such thing to happen. And apparently, it's almost confirmed. How stupid it is, that some character pops up in a previous expansion, then disappears entirely only to die in external story sources, and return to lead the faction. Good God. That's the most ridiculous decision for Forsaken story so far.

But there are dozens of such examples. The biggest issue is that story nowadays has some kind of 'structure' in which they just switcj new characters and new motives - just like if they put that in some magical Random Story Generator and it spitted out stuff like 'Horde Council', or Azshara helping us to defeat N'zoth. Wake up people, as long as you support this bullshit, there won't be any major improvements when it comes to the story.
    Warcraft story has always been childish and cheesey. Not sure why you think it went from award winning writing to cheesey fantasy fiction, which it always has been. Just because you don't like where they went with their story doesnt mean it's any less quality than it always has been.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    The reason is because of the narrative Blizzard chose to tell.
    and it was arbitrary and retarded

Every Demon Hunter player was part of the Illidari and was imprisoned after his death.
    Illidan was basically an elf supremacist.
    every other race from the illidari could also be on this, if illidan himself said they were illdari, then i think he though they were good.

every other race from the illidari could also be on this, if illidan himself said they were illdari, then i think he though they were good.
    Yeah idk. Illidan was elf only in W3 and I guess Blizzard wanted to carry that over. It could have worked to add more races if the Illidari had gained another leader after Illidan's death and the new leader was more accepting of the other races, allowing us to play more.

But again, it's the narrative Blizzard didn't choose. The player Illidari that was imprisoned existed before Illidan died.

15+ Year Old Account
    But again, it's the narrative Blizzard didn't choose. The player Illidari that was imprisoned existed before Illidan died.
    Unless of course they do what they did with Allied Races and just fast forward you past the starting experience with a narrated cutscene and a breadcrumb quest to send you on your way.

Like, assume what they're doing here is maybe giving a way both to expand the classes to more races and the option to start at level 110 or something. Create character and it just gives you the opening narration and drops you at the Frozen Throne or Tomb of Sargeras at level 110 and a breadcrumb sending you to join the Horde or Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sider View Post
    It makes no sense to train new DHs. If this happen it will another kick to the lore.

I think that portals are n zoth fight relates. Somethin like yogg saron brain room
    Half the classes in game shouldn’t be with certain races due to lore. Sometimes, fun has to come first

Dh are the only class in game bound to one race in a game that’s trying hard to add new races

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Dh are the only class in game bound to one race in a game that’s trying hard to add new races
    bounded to the 2 worst races in the game worth to note.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, and those imprisoned could be from other races if blizzard wanted, but the elf fanservice was stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    You're confusing named NPCs and story narrative with what the lore dictates.
    So you're saying I'm confusing lore with lore?

Show me what "the lore dictates."

Hero Classes are the strongest warriors. Look it up, or remain in willful ignorance. It doesn't matter to me.
    HAHAHAHAH

Now I know you're full of it. "Hero classes are the stronger warriors". That was funny. The only one here in "willful ignorance" is you. Perhaps you should educate yourself on what "hero class" truly means. Here's a hint: it means diddly-squat regarding actual power in the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    The only source of non-Elven Demon Hunters is the tabletop RPG, which is explicitly non-canon.

In Warcraft III, all Demon Hunters are Night Elves. In WoW, Blood Elves were added in TBC. In all cases, Demon Hunters in canon are the disciples or copycats of Illidan.
    And the copy cats could have very well have trained non elves during the 10k years illidan was not around. it would have been extremely rare but it could have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So you're saying I'm confusing lore with lore?

Show me what "the lore dictates."

HAHAHAHAH

Now I know you're full of it. "Hero classes are the stronger warriors". That was funny. The only one here in "willful ignorance" is you. Perhaps you should educate yourself on what "hero class" truly means. Here's a hint: it means diddly-squat regarding actual power in the lore.
    Willful ignorance it is. Not surprising.

Their are WAY WAY WAY too many Demon Hunters in the game right now. I'd hold out on more races being able to be them, when they're near extinction. I hate looking at a raid filled with these noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    And the copy cats could have very well have trained non elves during the 10k years illidan was not around. it would have been extremely rare but it could have happened.
    Illidan only became a true demon hunter (one who consumes demons to gain their fel powers) when he consumed the Skull of Guldan, and that happened during the 3rd War. At least that's my understanding.

If they add more Demon Hunter races, I hope it's only for the Elf races. I don't want any non-Elf Demon Hunters. Same with non-Orc Blademasters (even though they already ruined that one with Telaamon, but he's dead and could have been a special case) or non-Troll Shadowhunters. Let's keep some of the racial distinction.

IF they had to make the class available to any non-elven race, I hope they would at least make it a different class skin with identical mechanics (e.g. Zandalari Demoniacs instead of Demon Hunters).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Tried to enter the Tomb of Sargeras raid with my 120 Vulpera Priest on the PTR and got this message: TOMB OF SARGERAS IS NOT YET AVAILABLE. IMO something is definetely up when you add this up with the new portal icon that supposedly leads there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    First we have seen that there are (NPC?) Pandaren and Allied Race skins for Death Knights.

Today we see these two portals, that could be related to a "new" starting zone for these two hero classes, or a new hub for both of them:

Could this all start to hint / confirm both Death Knights and Demon Hunters will receive new races and new starting zones on 9.0?
    With Icecrown Citadel and Tomb of Sargeras as the new starting zones.

From the datamining, it seems all Allied Races could become Death Knights.

Which races could also become Demon Hunters?

My bet: Draenei & Void Elves for Alliance, Orcs & Nightborne for Horde.
    i cant wait to see a tauren demon hunter.

/CAST VENGEFUL RETREAT

the whole instance portal collapses with a cow smashing through it.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/w...he-lich-king_9

J. Allen Brack: To be honest, as far as the overall class design goes, we really treat it like just another class. Where the hero part of it really comes out is in that starting experience. But when we're approaching it mechanically as class designers, we create it like any other class. Optimally, we want every class to feel overpowered... The phrase that we use for the Death Knight is epic but equal.
    Don't get me wrong - from a lore POV, Death Knights and Demon Hunters are definitely up there with Mages and Warlocks, maybe Paladins, in a tier of their own. But even then it's kind of discounting a lot of known exceptions (Malfurion is a particular example before he was absolutely worthless, also any warrior with a magically enhanced weapon a la Broxigar) and is overselling the "Hero Class" concept as one intrinsic to the lore as the strongest.

bounded to the 2 worst races in the game worth to note.
    They're not bound to orcs or humans though. The most cliche and boring races in Warcraft since day 1.

Dude. Please, don't project. It only makes you look like a fool

You have absolutely zero evidence for your claim. "Hero classes" are not "the most powerful warriors". Lore-wise, the most powerful death knight lost to the most powerful paladin, and the most powerful demon hunter lost to a demon that belongs to same race as Mag'theridon, who got owned by Grommash Hellscream.

Your claim is completely bollocks, and since you have no evidence, all you can do is throw insults.

"Hero class" is not about "the most powerful fighters". "Hero class" is just a gameplay term to denote a playable class that starts its journey "in the middle", it has nothing to do with being "more powerful" than the other classes.