Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Yeah get it banned it China, fuck all the players in China that take no part in any of this bs and just enjoy playing their games. Punish them as well.

/s
    Don't forget all the developers, shareholders and investors who has NOTHING to do with this. Fuck over the wow team for something that happened in heartstone right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    I don't know what "evil capitalism" had to do with my reply but yet you found a way. And you're literally gloating in your Blizzard defenses like a twat. Read up buttercup, you apparently have short term memory: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2#post51714372
    You might want to check up the definiton of gloat because that is not what I was doing. But then again, you keep calling people "shrills," (whatever the fuck that is) so I'm not exactly certain you're particularly concerned with written coherency.

Anyway I'll let you continue to be mad about the way Blizzard handled this situation. Yeah, this PR fiasco could have been handled better but calling for people to cease support of the company full stop is ludicrous. But if it makes you feel better to stick it to them so you can participate in a vapid internet circlejerk over your moral superiority, have at it.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-10-16 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You might want to check up the definiton of gloat because that is not what I was doing. But then again, you keep calling people "shrills," (whatever the fuck that is) so I'm not exactly certain you're particularly concerned with written coherency.

Anyway I'll let you continue to be mad about the way Blizzard handled this situation. Yeah, this PR fiasco could have been handled better but calling for people to cease support of the company full stop is ludicrous. But if it makes you feel better to stick it to them so you can participate in a vapid internet circlejerk over your moral superiority, have at it.
    Shill: an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

Sorry if the mistaken addition of an "r" was too difficult to comprehend for your superior brain. But yes, keep with the crusade of inferring the opposition are babies for having actual morals while you keep wiping Blizzard's "poor" multi-billion dollar ass. I never once called for people to boycott nor called capitalism evil, but that there are people boycotting (you know, a fact) and Blizzard made this PR grave they're in. Yet here you're continuing to strawman like the hypocritical shill you are while preaching your unoriginal, irrelevant anti-SJW gamer garbage talking points.

People are boycotting. People are upset about this. Get over it and go enjoy the game you love so much instead of defending something to claim to not care about. Rise above these SJWs, you gamer god you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    Shill: an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

Sorry if the mistaken addition of an "r" was too difficult to comprehend for your superior brain. But yes, keep with the crusade of inferring the opposition are babies for having actual morals while you keep wiping Blizzard's "poor" multi-billion dollar ass. I never once called for people to boycott nor called capitalism evil, but that there are people boycotting (you know, a fact) and Blizzard made this PR grave they're in. Yet here you're continuing to strawman like the hypocritical shill you are while preaching your unoriginal, irrelevant anti-SJW gamer garbage talking points.

People are boycotting. People are upset about this. Get over it and go enjoy the game you love so much instead of defending something to claim to not care about. Rise above these SJWs, you gamer god you!
    Mother of fucking Christ. It's not about "actual morals," it's about the ineffectual result of bullshit outrage culture. Blizzard enforced a rule that existed to prevent stupid shit like this from happening and the entire fucking internet lost its collective shit. Now we have page after page of internet justice warriors like yourself creating false equivalencies between the humanitarian crisis in China and how this somehow "proves" Blizzard cares more about money than supporting the HK movement. I'm not shilling for Blizzard. I'm against people bandwagoning the hate circlejerk for literally no fucking reason other than "China = BAD."

Mother of fucking Christ. It's not about "actual morals," it's about the ineffectual result of bullshit outrage culture. Blizzard enforced a rule that existed to prevent stupid shit like this from happening and the entire fucking internet lost its collective shit. Now we have page after page of internet justice warriors like yourself creating false equivalencies between the humanitarian crisis in China and how this somehow "proves" Blizzard cares more about money than supporting the HK movement. I'm not shilling for Blizzard. I'm against people bandwagoning the hate circlejerk for literally no fucking reason other than "China = BAD."
    Actually i see just one SJW here. Why? Because "China = BAD" as you quoted is a far better reason to "rage" than supporting a gaming company that does not support this for w/e reasons.
    Lets be real; this nor the protest in HK will change anything! It will just fade in time - but before that happens people will stand up even if they dont make a diffrence and Blizzard deserves all the "hate" they receive in that regard. Is that "over reaction"? Maybe...but it is the only thing any given "player" can do. Following your "advice" just would lead to "i dont care".

Do you consider corporate values (or rules) ​​more important than human rights? Because that's what I read from your statements!
    Last edited by Cab; 2019-10-16 at 03:12 AM.
    "the first humans were not the last apes" - Erich Kästner

Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Blizzard already reacted with stop on sales for the Mei figure on their shop.
    Stop spreading false information.

You can still buy tons of Mei shit on their store, the statue sold out and that's why it isn't on there. Same thing happen to the Locio statue.

Blizzard deserves to have their feet held to the fire over all of this, But don't spread false information it doesn't help anything.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Stop spreading false information.

You can still buy tons of Mei shit on their store, the statue sold out and that's why it isn't on there. Same thing happen to the Locio statue.

Blizzard deserves to have their feet held to the fire over all of this, But don't spread false information it doesn't help anything.
    I got that from a bunsh of news article, only thing that is actually missing info is why it was gone as a pre-order, since Blizzard apparently tells you if it is nearly sold our or sold out.

So, it isn't an actual false information, rather one where it is unclear why. If you want to be happier, this is more my thinking on why, but it is maybe wrong.
    Sig by Thor

I got that from a bunsh of news article, only thing that is actually missing info is why it was gone as a pre-order, since Blizzard apparently tells you if it is nearly sold our or sold out.

So, it isn't an actual false information, rather one where it is unclear why. If you want to be happier, this is more my thinking on why, but it is maybe wrong.
    Poster: You're wrong.

You: Sure, I'm wrong but I think I'm right. Therefore, I'm right.

Any sane person reading this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Poster: You're wrong.

You: Sure, I'm wrong but I think I'm right. Therefore, I'm right.

Any sane person reading this:

[Img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/993/875/084.png[/ig]
    Never said im wrong, i said i could be wrong, rather i don't think this is false information, when i can google it and find a bunch of news article about it.. rather the reason why the pre-order is gone is not clear.

So, all i did was make the assumption, that it might be related to the Mei things.
    Sig by Thor

From what I had been reading the #boycottblizzard seens to be working. I also agree with it, its very upseting to see from all the gaming companies its blizzard the ones supporting the most the bloodthirsty china regime. Hope Blizzard realizes this is a mistake and tell winnie the pooh to go screw himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    From what I had been reading the #boycottblizzard seens to be working. I also agree with it, its very upseting to see from all the gaming companies its blizzard the ones supporting the most the bloodthirsty china regime. Hope Blizzard realizes this is a mistake and tell winnie the pooh to go screw himself.
    With all the other things that actually matter in the US to boycott, people choose this. Amusing. Boycotting Blizz has no real impact on things and oh yea...it's just a game company. Now if we find out that blizz is dumping toxic stuff into lakes around California, by all means..boycott away! :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

This whole #boycottblizzard is kinda funny. You still buy clothes and electronics that are made by companies who have factories in china that exploit chinese workers. But hey Blizzard is the real evil here.

Question Really?

Also, you can't be sure about the playerbase in China. Some support China, which is bad, some don't know better and so on, but i don't think Overwatch will get banned over it,.
    “Some support China, which is bad” why is it bad? Does anyone live in a country where their government hasn’t done anything wrong? Do you think rich people in China are against the government? Is supporting the country you live in with a lot of people that aren’t part of the government bad?

- - - Updated - - -

#boycottblizzard seens to be working. I also agree with it, its very upseting to see from all the gaming companies its blizzard the ones supporting the most the bloodthirsty china regime. Hope Blizzard realizes this is a mistake and tell winnie the pooh to go screw himself.
    “Supporting the most bloodthirsty China regime” Please present your evidence Blizzard is supporting China and their political policies. China is the one supporting blizzard by letting them do business in their country. Blizzard is a business and has rules. Rules lets someone protect their business without picking sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    “Feet held to the fire” for what? If he was supporting Trump, or whatever political thing you don’t like, what then? Do you want to watch a competition or politics? Do you even know what the protests are about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Holy fucking shit, they're not even apologizing.

This shitstorm just keeps getting worse.
    So rules only apply if you agree with them and not if you don’t?

From BBC’s news website:

“Hong Kong's protests started in June against proposals to allow extradition to mainland China.

Critics feared this could undermine the city's judicial independence and endanger dissidents.

Until 1997, Hong Kong was a British colony - meaning it was controlled by Britain. Since returning to Chinese rule, it has more autonomy than the mainland, and its people more rights. The arrangement is known as "one country, two systems".

City leader Carrie Lam agreed to suspend the extradition bill, but demonstrations developed to include demands for full democracy and an inquiry into police actions.

The bill was withdrawn in September. But clashes between police and activists have become increasingly violent, with police firing live bullets and protesters attacking officers and throwing petrol bombs.“

The Hong Kong government is in the similar situation as Blizzard. They made a decision they were forced to make, many didn’t like and when they recanted the damage was already done
    Last edited by Mangokid; 2019-10-17 at 05:49 AM.

You know who else supports trade with China?

Riot Games, Nintendo, Disney, ESBN, Legendary Pictures, AMC, Smithfield Foods, Apple, General Electric Appliances, Motorola to name a few...

Like, Blizzard is getting all the outrage because they made a dumb mistake, but this outrage aimed at Blizzard is ridiculous when it needs to be directed at the government to pressure them into setting up better trade deals so that companies don't feel the need to engage with China.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Yeah get it banned it China, fuck all the players in China that take no part in any of this bs and just enjoy playing their games. Punish them as well.
    Then maybe they should rise up and do something about their fucked-up government.

You people should really look up the word "collaborator" in regards to WWII, and maybe you'll get some idea of why people are disgusted by this type of behavior, as it's evoking exactly the same feelings from people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mangokid View Post
    So rules only apply if you agree with them and not if you don’t?
    In this case, the rules only apply when Blizzard wants them to, and are ignored otherwise. You know, as in the countless examples listed throughout the entirety of this thread.

Doubly so when they -- or the people they put in charge, and thus represent them -- state things like "we will defend the pride and dignity of China at all cost." Blizzard isn't a person, it's a company, and that company chose to allow that to be posted. So yes, that is 100% Blizzard saying that, no matter how you people want to try to claim otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    With all the other things that actually matter in the US to boycott, people choose this. Amusing. Boycotting Blizz has no real impact on things and oh yea...it's just a game company. Now if we find out that blizz is dumping toxic stuff into lakes around California, by all means..boycott away! :P
    Well I am not from USA and a lot of players that are doing that aren't from USA as well. China agressive instance does affect more people and even USA more than any toxic stuff in California.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    This whole #boycottblizzard is kinda funny. You still buy clothes and electronics that are made by companies who have factories in china that exploit chinese workers. But hey Blizzard is the real evil here.
    Blizzard is ALSO the evil in here. I am all for exposing more companies that do obscure deals with China. I am all up for boycotting NBA too but as I am not from USA and into basketball that wouldnt help much.

- - - Updated - - -

“Supporting the most bloodthirsty China regime” Please present your evidence Blizzard is supporting China and their political policies. China is the one supporting blizzard by letting them do business in their country. Blizzard is a business and has rules. Rules lets someone protect their business without picking sides.
    The moment they punish people defending the same values USA live and die for that by coincidence is Blizzard country is the moment they are supporting their dictatorship. Blizzard pretends to be all pro political correctness with stuff like LGBT pride but at the same time praise the regime thats the biggest mass murderer in history. Also I get you didn't read Blizzard response in chinese to please their overlords. Blizzard cant lay in two beds. They should pick one. A company that is worried about pleasing a genocidal government should be shunned. Its a disgrace for the american legacy (and all western world).
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so mad at Blizzard.
    I am going to sit here and type #boycotblizzard
    That will show them

Oh and free Hong Kong!.....where ever that is

Quote Originally Posted by GenericDragon View Post
    You know who else supports trade with China?

Riot Games, Nintendo, Disney, ESBN, Legendary Pictures, AMC, Smithfield Foods, Apple, General Electric Appliances, Motorola to name a few...

Like, Blizzard is getting all the outrage because they made a dumb mistake, but this outrage aimed at Blizzard is ridiculous when it needs to be directed at the government to pressure them into setting up better trade deals so that companies don't feel the need to engage with China.
    I am totally pro informing people and getting to boycott all these companies. The issue here is Blizzard went all up to please their masters in a way thats impossible to ignore. Personally I dont play any Riot games, haven't bought a nintendo console for over a decade now, dont use apple products. Not sure what is ESBN but I tend to avoid Legendary pictures as well. Its the one that made the megashark movie? I avoid movies that are heavily invested in chinese casts because usually that means blood money from China.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I am so mad at Blizzard.
    I am going to sit here and type #boycotblizzard
    That will show them

Oh and free Hong Kong!.....where ever that is
    If we keep the subject up media is forced to cover it and that press them to change their ways. Also if you don't know where is Hong Kong I sugest you go to your school and ask your money back, they didn't do a good job and you should be entitled to get a refund.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    “Some support China, which is bad” why is it bad? Does anyone live in a country where their government hasn’t done anything wrong? Do you think rich people in China are against the government? Is supporting the country you live in with a lot of people that aren’t part of the government bad?
    Im sure you know what i meant. Also, this is a huge understatement "anything wrong", China is doing some BIG wronges since a while now and it is getting more and more attantion due to HK now. So, yes supporting your government that is doing some really bad things for a while and even now in HK is bad. Do they have a choice? No, doesn't mean it is okay to support them, they're more or less forced to do so. HK stands up to China atm, because they had it better and know what is to come, they don't had censorship all over the place to hide it.

The rich will support those that bring the money, we all know that by now and China is a country where you don't have a choice as a company, because they will just simply ban you.
    Last edited by W1shm4ster; 2019-10-17 at 05:17 PM.
    Sig by Thor

Hey, calm down there tiger. You're literally wiping Blizzard's ass constantly because you want to "stick it to the SJWs" like the typical edgy gamer. You're constantly strawmaning me despite my original post being nothing of the sort. I'm not even boycotting Blizzard, I'm pointing out their hypocrisy that Blizzard literally doesn't enforce that rule consistently, which you ignore. American University players held up a sign saying "Free Hong Kong, boycott Blizz" during a match but weren't punished AND they were offered another match. It took 7 days, after people pointed out the hypocrisy, for Blizzard to finally ban them but they had already dropped out prior. Their intent was to call out Blizzard's bluff, and they succeeded. If it wasn't pointed out, they wouldn't have been banned. The delay is proof of that.

How the fuck can you keep defending Blizzard's actions if they're not consistent? How can you not see the equivalency that Blizzard does this specifically for the money? Oh right, cause you shill for Blizzard and are against the market fighting back.

Keep up the fight for those social credits, bootlicker!