5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    4th specs is a horrible idea. What happens if you want to reroll to the 4th spec and it turns out to be the weakest?

Don't get me started on balancing and identity crisis.
    I think we are more likely to get a new class then new specs

I really don't want to get my hopes up that this has to mean anything. I can't possibly count the amount of unused recolors in the game and i would hate to be dissapointed.
    Guess we will know soon enough whats up with death knights. What are the chances of another ptr build before blizzcon to tell us more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I really don't want to get my hopes up that this has to mean anything. I can't possibly count the amount of unused recolors in the game and i would hate to be dissapointed.
    Guess we will know soon enough whats up with death knights. What are the chances of another ptr build before blizzcon to tell us more?
    It is a bit odd that there are 4 four 2 handers for death knights only, but it is probably just a cool flavor for the new starting zone for dks.

A small chance for a new version on the ptr…

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    4th specs is a horrible idea. What happens if you want to reroll to the 4th spec and it turns out to be the weakest?

Don't get me started on balancing and identity crisis.
    The same thing that happens whenever they buff/Nerf classes...you just go to the other specs or realize that it doesn't matter unless you are high end

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thatch Rackham View Post
    I think we are more likely to get a new class then new specs
    Guaranteed

Though could be both
    In legion we technically got two new specs in SV and outlaw reworks

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The same thing that happens whenever they buff/Nerf classes...you just go to the other specs or realize that it doesn't matter unless you are high end

- - - Updated - - -

Guaranteed

Though could be both
    In legion we technically got two new specs in SV and outlaw reworks
    Survival and Demonology*

Outlaw was more of a name change than anything, the spec itself changed a lot less than other specs (including another Rogue spec, Sub).

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    Survival and Demonology*

Outlaw was more of a name change than anything, the spec itself changed a lot less than other specs (including another Rogue spec, Sub).
    Also I forgot the shadow change and the brewmaster monk change and I want to say that combat changed a lot simply because they added pistol shot you had pirate-themed abilities the grapple hook was really cool and like most pirates it was a huge disappointment

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also I forgot the shadow change and the brewmaster monk change and I want to say that combat changed a lot simply because they added pistol shot you had pirate-themed abilities the grapple hook was really cool and like most pirates it was a huge disappointment
    I wouldn't call any of those ones "new" though.

Demonology and Survival were the only blatantly "new" specs in Legion. Because Old Demonology became Demon Hunters and Old Survival just plain got shot out back.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Shadow is another one that changed a lot, agree.

The pirate theme change was silly but the core gameplay was pretty similar just with the abilities renamed. Sinister Strike->Saber Slash and Eviscerate->Run Through. Beyond that it got some new toys and lost some stuff, which is the same that can be said for a lot of other specs.

Also Havoc doesn't play anything like old Demonology, even the ability DH "stole" from Warlock functions completely differently, being a big damage CD and not something you're shifting in and out of for burst windows and stuff

7+ Year Old Account
    we are gonna get allied specs now, every patch one class will get a reskin after you grind rep for it, but you have to create another character and lv up to 130, and you get a cool heritage class set, that you can use on all characters of the same class.

the first ones will be HellfireDK substituting all frost spells by flames, and VoidHunter, changing the fel spells with void spells in your demon hunter.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-10-17 at 06:27 AM.

Some classes getting a new spec while some don't would cause a huge uproar. I just don't see it happening.

Honestly, Prestige Spec is really really likely. Would be a way to solve the problem of Dark Ranger and Blademaster and the likes and it creates player retention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Some classes getting a new spec while some don't would cause a huge uproar. I just don't see it happening.

Honestly, Prestige Spec is really really likely. Would be a way to solve the problem of Dark Ranger and Blademaster and the likes and it creates player retention.
    If you do it for one you have to do it for at least half IMO. And the ones that don't get it would need something for themselves as well, like a Legion-level rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Quilboars are enemies of the Tauren and Orcs. No chance they'll ever be a race for the Horde. Makes as much sense as Gnolls for Alliance. If at all it would be vice versa.
    Undead are the enemies of all living creatures, yet... wait for it... they wrote a story that allowed a faction of them to work alongside the Horde.

Amazing how that works, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If you do it for one you have to do it for at least half IMO. And the ones that don't get it would need something for themselves as well, like a Legion-level rebuild.
    And I just don't see it happening.

There are 12 classes. Even 6 new specs is basically two new classes that require balancing, art and what not. And let's be honest: Why? We need more ranged classes and I suppose healers. So unless they turn every new spec into a Ranged DPS, what's the point? We certainly do not need more Melee DPS or tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    More new DK stuff in the latest building, including a Burning Blade of the Ebon Blade. Either a blade that was lit on fire from being in contact with Bolvar, or a new spec coming to DK?
    Burning blade could refer to the Burning Blade clan now that Mag'har will be able to be DK's?
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Burning blade could refer to the Burning Blade clan now that Mag'har will be able to be DK's?
    Unlikely. Blizzard doesn't exactly make race-specific items for hero classes that I'm aware of.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    the other clans from draenor don't exist anymore, they are all just one clan, maghar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Unlikely. Blizzard doesn't exactly make race-specific items for hero classes that I'm aware of.
    You can just put your period after items.

Pre-BFA anyway.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You can just put your period after items.

Pre-BFA anyway.
    Yeah, pre 7.3.5, any race specific item was unheard of.
    Now, it's commonplace as part of heritage armors only. Still nothing related to hero classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    You know, it could very well just be them changing the DK theme from Arthas' icy frost to Bolvar's fiery orange. Arthas is done for so if they need to change the DK's color theme to fiery orange, I don't think that's a big issue at all.

Or it might just be the weapons that are styled after Bolvar's theme and that we're all grasping

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Undead are the enemies of all living creatures, yet... wait for it... they wrote a story that allowed a faction of them to work alongside the Horde.

Amazing how that works, huh?
    Amazing how it worked out with Sylvanas in the end, right? They never cared for the Horde. I mean that was clear from Vanilla on though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again