Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wouldn't mind prestige questchains for each spec though, something similar to warlock green fire chain but focused on each spec. But thats an awful lot to ask.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    Exactly. So he would likely teach this new breed of Death Knights his powers.
    what powers, hes a warrior thats being kept alive by being burned by dragon flames, the only powers he has are the ones given to him by the helm of domination

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Holy shit. I really hope not.
    What would that spec even be?

I'd rather see them go down to 2 specs (3 for druids).
    Wow, if anything was ever more outlandish and less likely than 4th spec, this'd be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could just be another melee DPS spec based on fire.
    Yeah and that makes zero sense from a gameplay perspective.

Now what really could happen is some kind of different theme for different races. So new death knights will have fire specialization instead of blood specialization with different visuals and spell names. That idea was floating around for a lot of time.

It would really make sense. Many classes have the potential to fulfill more roles than they currently do.
    Yeah, "Fire" DK would "really make sense". Also adding 12 new specs (6 classes, comparing to DH) in one expansion would also "really make sense".

Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    While I agree more specializations would be nice, the game by all means needs spec pruning
    What? That is nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    its not confirmed, to answer your question
    It's a rhetorical question. I know that Blizzard did not come out and officially announce it.

I just want to ask the question; "Do Death Knights need a 4'th spec?" Druid is special case because they always had 4 playstyles. chicken, cat, bear and tree. Demon Hunter's 2 spec style is closer to what Blizzard wants. They don't see the point in bloating classes with several DPS specs when it will take away from one another. Just look at hunter, MM and Survival was, in their opinion, too similar, so they changed Survival to melee. So I ask, why would they give death knight a 3'rd DPS spec, when they have 2 distinct DPS and a tank spec already?

Bring back glad spec

Nope, not confirmed. Arguably hinted at if we accept them to be as diluted as homeopathic medicin or LA Croix flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Yeah and that makes zero sense from a gameplay perspective.
    That's nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    what powers, hes a warrior thats being kept alive by being burned by dragon flames, the only powers he has are the ones given to him by the helm of domination
    He was a paladin, and a Highlord at that. Without the path Arthas took (paladin to DK when he took Frostmourne, DK to LK) is hard to ascertain exactly what his capabilities are. While I highly doubt he's retained any of his light-given power, it's also possible he employs and entirely different arsenal than Arthas did as the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yeah, "Fire" DK would "really make sense". Also adding 12 new specs (6 classes, comparing to DH) in one expansion would also "really make sense".

Oh wait.
    1. creating a new spec isn't as much work as creating a whole new class, ideas for new specs have been floating around since Vanilla
    2. they likely have been working on this for years, this isn't something that is happening overnight

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    I just want to ask the question; "Do Death Knights need a 4'th spec?"
    What kind of a question is that? Classes don't need anything. We do. Because we want new things to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm calling it now, we are getting 4th specs in the next expansion. Hopefully Druid will get a 5th one.
    Really? A 5th Spec? Dude...what are you smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Bring back glad spec
    Yes. I loved it, too bad they took it out.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    He was a paladin, and a Highlord at that. Without the path Arthas took (paladin to DK when he took Frostmourne, DK to LK) is hard to ascertain exactly what his capabilities are. While I highly doubt he's retained any of his light-given power, it's also possible he employs and entirely different arsenal than Arthas did as the Lich King.
    my bad, tought he was just a normal warrior

No it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    Really? A 5th Spec? Dude...what are you smoking?
    It wouldn't be fair to druid players to not give them something new. Besides as someone who has played Druid as his main for over 10 years, I never felt like Druid had 4 specs anyway, Feral and Guardian were always one spec to me. The fact they are listed as different specs right now is a matter of technicality because of new systems.

What? That is nonsense.
    Blizzard has pruned classes in the past, and while they fuck up they aren't wrong in the notion - having more is more like having less for the player. Sure, you CAN have 5 specializations, but when they are all cut from the same cloth it's truly just one spec being played slightly different. This is how a lot of specs are, or how they play similarly to yet ANOTHER classes specialization.

And a lot of players recognize this, and complained about it for many years. Combat rogue? Feral druid being convoluted / overpacked? Survival hunter having almost no identity? Etc.

You can't just keep making specs for the fuck of it, you have to actually make them fun and unique otherwise why bother. Blizzard specifically stated that Demon Hunter got two specs BECAUSE there was little reason to have more than that. Part of it is probably because they couldn't think up of a unique playstyle, or it was just a way to cut down on tuning for even MORE things. Either way, it was the right call and a lot of classes right now suffer from this - or suffer from having a lot of similar gamestyles to other class + specs like them.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    You can't just keep making specs for the fuck of it
    How about making specs for the fun of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    They seem to be same ilvl as the death knight starter gear.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..