Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Any Blizzard related is gonna get protests their Chinese masters don't like.
    "There is no war in Ba Sing Se" - Blizzard entertainment, a subsidiary of the Chinese Peoples Party, colourised 1932, probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to keep Gun Gun Pixies and its actually kinda fun and nowhere near as bad as some reviews made it out to be. Jumping is kinda janky but its more like jumping in MMOs and I'm too used to that already and adapted to it right away.

FPS jumps between 30-60 a lot and looks pretty good to me (unlocked FRs don't bother me, especially when they stick to 60 most of the time), docked and handheld is pretty much the same. Honestly though, why the game isn't a locked 60 is beyond me.

I keep having to cover my eyes during some scenes though.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Well review embargos are up for Little Town Hero and my twitter feed is filled with nothing but stuff like "what a shame", "could have been good" and "crushing disappointment". I havent' seen this much unified disappointment for a videogame thats not some Fallout 76 style trashfire since Spirit Tracks.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can think of at least 18 million games just this year that share those sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendolover View Post
    Can someone recommend some good adventure games for Switch?
    Dragon Quest 11, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem 3 houses

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well review embargos are up for Little Town Hero and my twitter feed is filled with nothing but stuff like "what a shame", "could have been good" and "crushing disappointment". I havent' seen this much unified disappointment for a videogame thats not some Fallout 76 style trashfire since Spirit Tracks.
    I mean look at this:
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/little-town-hero

And see the ones that didnt give it over 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I mean look at this:
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/little-town-hero

And see the ones that didnt give it over 60.
    The metacritic is a shitshow. High ratings from nintendo fansites, because of course, and people butthurt about pokemon. I mean actual reviewers i know i can trust are like a repeating checklist of 'boring combat', 'runs like a bag of dicks', 'more basic than youkai wait' 'but at least the musics great' across the board independent of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by alog109 View Post
    Dragon Quest 11, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem 3 houses
    Those are all RPGs, and hell FE doesn't have any adventure mechanics at all but at least DQ11 and XC2 do lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon Quest is dead in the west ya'll lmao. I'm glad I know enough JP to understand DQ(since it's written for kids there) cause now after the Switch port bomba with all the effort put into it I doubt we are seeing the next entry in the series come west in any reasonable time frame.

Catherine Full Body and Code Vein charted, but Dragon Quest did not, it's dead jim. Meanwhile #overpriced Link's Awakening was #4 for the month only behind Borderlands and the 2 sports game launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Catherine Full Body and Code Vein charted, but Dragon Quest did not, it's dead jim. Meanwhile #overpriced Link's Awakening was #4 for the month only behind Borderlands and the 2 sports game launches.
    I said it in the DQXI thread that the series was dead and yet a few posters wanted to argue with me about it. The game bombed hard, My store for example only sold two copies that I know of and I'm one of the people who bought it.

Square Enix needs to scale the games budget back and accept it for what it is, A niche JRPG.

That or just give it to Atlas so they know what to do with it. Funny enough the switch version is the best version cause of all the stuff they put in it.

People who bought the PS4 version should be pissed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I said it in the DQXI thread that the series was dead and yet a few posters wanted to argue with me about it. The game bombed hard, My store for example only sold two copies that I know of and I'm one of the people who bought it.

Square Enix needs to scale the games budget back and accept it for what it is, A niche JRPG.

That or just give it to Atlas so they know what to do with it. Funny enough the switch version is the best version cause of all the stuff they put in it.

Budget is fine because it still sells millions in Japan, just doubtful they will be devoting much budget to a western release again. If one happens expect it even later without an english dub and with a bare minimum localization effort.

The fact the Switch is where JRPGs go to sell and it even bombed on there in the west is just sad. There is literally no interest in this series in the west and I mostly blame Enix for that long before the merger. I mean fucking Catherine charted and it doesn't get anymore niche then that, plus it's an upgraded version of a far older game then DQXI and it was also only on a single platform. Who was the genius that decided to launch this game head to head with Zelda? Probably the same one that launched it head to head with Spider-Man lol...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-10-18 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Budget is fine because it still sells millions in Japan, just doubtful they will be devoting much budget to a western release again. If one happens expect it even later without an english dub and with a bare minimum localization effort.

The fact the Switch is where JRPGs go to sell and it even bombed on there in the west is just sad. There is literally no interest in this series in the west and I mostly blame Enix for that long before the merger. I mean fucking Catherine charted and it doesn't get anymore niche then that, plus it's an upgraded version of a far older game then DQXI and it was also only on a single platform. Who was the genius that decided to launch this game head to head with Zelda? Probably the same one that launched it head to head with Spider-Man lol...
    By lower budget I mean not do the VA and all.

Who was the genius that decided to launch this game head to head with Zelda? Probably the same one that launched it head to head with Spider-Man lol...
    Right like how the fuck did they not learn with the PS4 release. They released it on top of Astra Chain,Zelda and even Daemon X Machina.

I have never seen a company send a game out to die twice in a row even more so within a year of the first release, That's some next level shit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Dragon Quest is anything but niche in the only market that matters to it: Japan.

Dragon Quest is anything but niche in the only market that matters to it: Japan.
    Good thing I wasn't talking about Japan....

Good thing I wasn't talking about Japan....
    You also talked about Square Enix and how they need to scale back DQ.

They won't. They don't really care how bad it does in west. As long as it is success in Japan, they keep making them and putting big money into them.

They won't. They don't really care how bad it does in west. As long as it is success in Japan, they keep making them and putting big money into them.
    Their actions and statements disagree's with you.

They jumped though MANY hoops to try to get it to sell in the West and they have openly stated if it didn't sell well the series likely won't return. They should scale back how much they spend to bring it to the West. The VA's wasn't needed at all.

They also for whatever dumb ass reason seem to think it would stand toe to toe with big game releases. The sales on the PS4 got murdered because it released right next (in the same dam week) as Spiderman and then the same thing happen again with it releasing next to Links Awakening.

10+ Year Old Account

The main problem with DQ games is that they still use the same anoying mehanics (saving at churches with to much text, a lot of usless combat skills, exploration zones with to many invisible walls, pointless combat with mobs when you can just grid metal slimes and more), however dragon quest builders 2 kinda fixed some of those issues.

The main problem with DQ games is that they still use the same anoying mehanics (saving at churches with to much text, a lot of usless combat skills, exploration zones with to many invisible walls, pointless combat with mobs when you can just grid metal slimes and more), however dragon quest builders 2 kinda fixed some of those issues.
    DQB series is great and it says a lot that it did better than DQXI.

Agree with you on that. I enjoyed DQ11, but god damn, it's almost 95% the same with maybe one mechanical twist and that's it.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dq11 has been the only one ive liked so obviously theyre doing something right.

Also https://mynintendonews.com/2019/10/1...ntendo-switch/

They're not gonna risk losing 3 million sales of DQ in Japan just to try to capture the west so it will stay very old school and traditional. If DQXII does come west, I will assume it will be a Nintendo exclusive and localized by Nintendo like the 3DS remakes where. Square likely won't even bother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Honestly they should just change the wedding dress back to original as there was nothing even lewd about it and the western version looked like ass.

The weird ass gravure shit and up skirt shots can stay dead.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-10-18 at 05:55 PM.