Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No major changes in 8.3

So 8.3 doesn't bring any changes to the pvp balance, only has some pve tweaks.
    Glad I quit my hunter and the game back in August, as Blizzard isn't interested in doing away with World of Meleecraft until, at the very least, next expansion.

Well then I'll come back next expansion but only if reports from the PTR say hunters aren't garbage at pvp. Or boomkins, or affliction lock. I'm not hellbent on playing a hunter, just pretty much any ranged spec that isn't a joke at pvp outside arena.

In before uh dks, ret palas, dhs, ferals and rogues tell me ranged specs are fine.

Still early in the ptr process, changes might come later.

With that said, ranged specs are fine. Though maybe destro locks could use a small nerf...

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    Still early in the ptr process, changes might come later.

With that said, ranged specs are fine. Though maybe destro locks could use a small nerf...
    There won't be any major changes to anything PvP related this expansion. There won't be any class overhauls or big balancing tweaks either. Any (small) class balancing will be done with PvE in mind, like them nerfing Spriests (again).

If this is a deal breaker for anyone, you might as well just unsubscribe for the next year, because this is it.
    change can't wait.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    So 8.3 doesn't bring any changes to the pvp balance, only has some pve tweaks.
    Glad I quit my hunter and the game back in August, as Blizzard isn't interested in doing away with World of Meleecraft until, at the very least, next expansion.
    Has been the case since at least WoD. Blizzard wants melees to dominate pvp, by spamming their mindless pve rotations and 110% uptime.

Catch 22, you can play SV.

But don't expect any class changes, they've ditched BfA in terms of class design post 8.1.
    Most of the nerfs previewed were pretty much just the most obvious candidates for nerfs.

I'm almost 2500 on my BM hunter. I think they are totally fine. Yes, you have to play way better to land traps, but it's a nice challenge.

Since 8.2 is world of huntercraft I'd say it's fine for hunters
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

CCP approve this thread. It has been cleansed of impure discussions.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CCP Official View Post
    CCP approve this thread. It has been cleansed of impure discussions.
    Sweet jesus how sad is your life?

Warriors need charge on a 0.5 second cooldown.

.. but would anyone notice any actual difference even if they did that?

did i miss anything? rmx / destrolocks / mage war / ele are destroying every tournament. Sv and feral and enh stopped existing and only demon hunter monks and dk can fight caster even a little. where is the world of meelecraft?

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    did i miss anything? rmx / destrolocks / mage war / ele are destroying every tournament. Sv and feral and enh stopped existing and only demon hunter monks and dk can fight caster even a little. where is the world of meelecraft?
    Pretty sure the OP is referring to pvp outside of arenas. And it's true, ranged classes are garbo at pvp outside the arenas, hunters probably the worst of all, obviously except the survival spec.

Pretty sure the OP is referring to pvp outside of arenas. And it's true, ranged classes are garbo at pvp outside the arenas, hunters probably the worst of all, obviously except the survival spec.
    You are the OP... *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    You are the OP... *facepalm*
    Oops lol.
    Forgot I even made this thread.

Who cares, we're getting new allied races and heritage armor for goblins and worgen! That'll keep me playing for months rolling new alts and race changing to play other unused characters.

PVP is dead anyway. They need to bring back Wintergrasp-like zones to revive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Who cares, we're getting new allied races and heritage armor for goblins and worgen! That'll keep me playing for months rolling new alts and race changing to play other unused characters.

PVP is dead anyway. They need to bring back Wintergrasp-like zones to revive it.
    As someone who does wpvp and random bgs between raids and m+, I find myself without half of the content I play, so as things are right now, I can't justify returning to wow. I mean why, just to pve?! Nah.

I'll come back the moment any ranged hunter spec, affliction lock or boomkin, equal the peformance in wpvp and random bgs, of a dk, ret pala, feral or monk.

PS: dps Tinker as well, should it be the case next expansion.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2019-10-17 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I wonder that one,too.

Outside of Arenas its not much better, ferals, rogues, frost dks, rets, and dhs can all be strong in some small scale wpvp, but in almost any random bg, i see casters absolutely decimating melee and toping kills/dmg meters, by a very big margin.

Aside from the huge dmg/burst casters do in bgs, their stacking of CC is very noticeable, too, as its usually long range and can be stacked on a focus target easily, while melee must go into close combat range and risk to get nuked by cc and burst.

Life isn't easier with unreliable or no healers, either.

It should be about the same in RBGs, no one plays nowdays, too,but at least a melee can work here, with fixed healers and dispels.

Usually its a mage, spriest, lock or moonkin that is dominating the bg brackets at any given time in the big bgs, like AV. And they do too well in small bgs, too.

I have yet to see a melee dominating Ashran, btw....

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe i am playing a very different game than you do, never were ranged DDs trash outside of arenas, when there is more range to kite and open field, instead of a small melee friendly sandbox with pillars.......lol wth?

- - - Updated - - -

As someone who does wpvp and random bgs between raids and m+, I find myself without half of the content I play, so as things are right now, I can't justify returning to wow. I mean why, just to pve?! Nah.

I'll come back the moment any ranged hunter spec, affliction lock or boomkin, equal the peformance in wpvp and random bgs, of a dk, ret pala, feral or monk.

Boomkin? you can't be serious......sry, he is still a god in bgs and wpvp, druid is easily the most op class there is, since TBC and were only "fine" in vanilla. All 4 specs are vastly OP in wpvp, and at least 2 are exremely good in bgs and druid healer are still very popular in arena tournaments., imagine that, no class got 4 specs, but not only that, druids 4 specs are all op in wpvp. lol

Rogues cannot kill you, you are too fast, dhs cannot detect you........as you are still too fast. way faster than any other class, thanks to instant travelform and flight form(+flying allowed in all pvp zones of BfA), you are basicly immortal, if not a group of players surprise a druid and stack cc on them and nuke, does this sound like a raidboss to, you?
    maybe roll that class and forget about the hunter.

I bet, shiny transmogg weapons and armors as well as race restrictions, are he only reasions why not everyone rolled a druid.

BE the PET.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2019-10-24 at 01:29 AM.

I mean its the same every expansion, melees dominating the first arena season since atleast WotlK until they get even in the second season with casters and get overshined in the final season all because casters inherently scale better with their stats.

People complaining about melees in this patch now are either bad or try to justify their lack of skill or being stuck in sub 2k rating bugaloo with disguising themselfs with a meme at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I mean its the same every expansion, melees dominating the first arena season since atleast WotlK until they get even in the second season with casters and get overshined in the final season all because casters inherently scale better with their stats.

People complaining about melees in this patch now are either bad or try to justify their lack of skill or being stuck in sub 2k rating bugaloo with disguising themselfs with a meme at this point.
    lets be honest Bfa season 1 was RMX/ Boomy comps / turbo

and 2 dk dh teams ans 2 jungle teams.

after that the age of castercraft began in season 2. else you are right with it.

What the literal fuck are you talking about? Random BG's? And you're saying ranged can't compete? You're doing something wrong.