Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Now now, don't be dishonest.

It's G8. He's going to personally invite Putin.

Bolded for "how British is that?"

And, well, there's also this:
    At this point, it sounds like Trump is trying to turn it into the G6 and get the US removed from it and have it held at another location.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Mulvaney says there was a quid pro quo in Trump holding back military aid to Ukraine

While Mulvaney did not himself use the term “quid pro quo,” when he was told by a reporter during a White House press conference that the situation of withholding aid to get Ukraine was in fact a quid pro quo, Mulvaney said, “We do that all the time.”
    Oh my fucking god can we just impeach this mother fucker already

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Mulvaney is claiming it'll be 50% cheaper than other comparable locations... I call bullshit!
    If he wants the best deal, he should bid it out. I am pretty sure he could get a better price at a better facility that offer better service.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    If he wants the best deal, he should bid it out. I am pretty sure he could get a better price at a better facility that offer better service.
    Basically tax payer funded renovations on a failing Trump property.

https://www.axios.com/rick-perry-res...cee002e7a.html

And Perry's resignation, hinted at earlier this month, seems like it's more formal.

Mulvaney is claiming it'll be 50% cheaper than other comparable locations... I call bullshit!
    Idk if this would have effect but Congress needs to act with a bill basically saying 'A President can't host official State visits at his/her property or business.

Yes, it's a paper tiger and I admit how weak the Democrats are and would make them more weak, but we need something.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2019-10-17 at 09:31 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.axios.com/rick-perry-res...cee002e7a.html

And Perry's resignation, hinted at earlier this month, seems like it's more formal.
    Wonder if everything that happened today had him finally decide to get off the Trump train.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Wonder if everything that happened today had him finally decide to get off the Trump train.
    There were reports this was coming from late last month/earlier this month, they predate the Ukraine scandal so it's unlikely this did much. Maybe he put in his resignation a bit earlier than planned, but this doesn't seem like a reaction to him getting roped into this scandal.

I think he was the only "scandal-free" cabinet head in the Trump administration. Key word being was, because now he's involved in the Ukraine scandal.

Is there anyone left that hasn't been involved in a scandal/questionable behavior in one way or another? I legitimately can't think of one person.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were reports this was coming from late last month/earlier this month, they predate the Ukraine scandal so it's unlikely this did much. Maybe he put in his resignation a bit earlier than planned, but this doesn't seem like a reaction to him getting roped into this scandal.

I think he was the only "scandal-free" cabinet head in the Trump administration. Key word being was, because now he's involved in the Ukraine scandal.

Is there anyone left that hasn't been involved in a scandal/questionable behavior in one way or another? I legitimately can't think of one person.
    Oh, I know it was floating around earlier this month. I am just wondering if Mulvaneys trainwreck pushed him to resign.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Nancy Pelosi keeps bringing up "all roads lead to Russia". She might have something and is starting to tease.

Trump did. And according to his administration, his "brand" is so strong that he doesn't need the additional business.

You know, ignoring that whole declining revenue thing - https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/...-a-lago-falls/
    Cannot wait until Trumpkins boast he how he donated his $200k salary.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Pelosi promotes video of Fox News legal analyst slamming Trump's Doral location for G-7 meeting

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) tweeted out a video of Fox News legal analyst Andrew Napolitano slamming President Trump's decision to host next year's Group of 7 (G-7) Summit at his Trump National Doral resort in Florida.

"The Constitution is clear: the President cannot accept gifts or payments from foreign governments. No one is above the law," Pelosi wrote in her tweet.

The accompanying Fox News video segment in her tweet featured Napolitano, who called Trump's move a violation of the Emoluments Clause.

"The purpose of the Emoluments Clause is to keep the President of the United States of America from profiting off of foreign money ... not in the campaign, but in some event or entity that he controls or is running," Napolitano told Fox News host Neil Cavuto.

"This is about as direct and profound a violation of the Emoluments Clause as one could create," Napolitano also said.

------------------

I wonder if Trump is going to have another meeting with Murdoch....

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sean-h...think-hes-dumb

There's trouble in paradise. Mulvaney has fallen out of favor with Sean Hannity.

“What is Mulvaney even talking about?” Hannity wondered aloud. “I just think he's dumb, I really do. I don't even think he knows what he's talking about. That's my take on it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    If Trump makes it to the next summit I kind of want all the world leaders to attend. Just so when Trump tries to bill them they say "Sorry, we can't give you money since that's a violation of your country's Constitution."

Guarantee, that if it isn't changed, it will cost about 10-100 times as much as any other location, just because Trump is going to charge EVERYONE to stay there, and he is then going to violate the Emoluments Clause AGAIN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Cannot wait until Trumpkins boast he how he donated his $200k salary.
    It's $400k, just FYI, but he has made more than that in the first weekend he spent at Mar-A-Lago. Hell he made more than he would in 4 years, in one weekend at Mar-A-Lago.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-to-2016-probe

Mulvaney is already walking his comments back.

“Let me be clear, there was absolutely no quid pro quo between Ukrainian military aid and any investigation into the 2016 election,” Mulvaney said. “The president never told me to withhold any money until the Ukrainians did anything related to the server.”
    The problem is...he said otherwise - https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...nc-server.html

MULVANEY: Did he also mention to me in passing the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely. No question about that. That’s it, and that’s why we held up the money.

REPORTER: So the demand for an investigation into the Democrats was part of the reason that he was ordered to withhold funding to Ukraine?

MULVANEY: The look back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation. And that is absolutely appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Guarantee, that if it isn't changed, it will cost about 10-100 times as much as any other location, just because Trump is going to charge EVERYONE to stay there, and he is then going to violate the Emoluments Clause AGAIN.

- - - Updated - - -

It's $400k, just FYI, but he has made more than that in the first weekend he spent at Mar-A-Lago. Hell he made more than he would in 4 years, in one weekend at Mar-A-Lago.
    Umm getting you on a technicality, cause I believe every donation has been his quarterly check, which is actually $100k. SO I guess you can still ding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Umm getting you on a technicality, cause I believe every donation has been his quarterly check, which is actually $100k. SO I guess you can still ding me.
    Yeah, I know, they get $400k a year, but Trump got more than that in the first weekend after the inauguration in 2017. Which is why he keeps going to his properties, because he gets millions of dollars every weekend he goes to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Nancy Pelosi keeps bringing up "all roads lead to Russia". She might have something and is starting to tease.
    She doesn't need anything. Trumps ties to Russia have been well established for at least 20 years now. It's almost all in plain sight.

This is illegal. The justifications I've seen them put out for it are just stupid.