Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Instead of daily/weekly guild raid, some of us have way better things to do in game instead of mindless AP grind.

There are bgs, achievements hunts, rated pvp, even M+ (tho, i'm not such fan of it... but still better than AP grind).
    There are alts... quests.... lore... etc, etc, etc.... you sacked all that for "ap-grind wonders". bravo.
    you 're welcome!

Now explain me something. What "lore" is this? Quests? What quests? I can run all of zones and wont be a single quest avaiable, the one that are avaiable are dailies for rep or toy/mounts, wich i have already, at least most of it from the past xpacks like bc/wrath.

M+, bgs, achievments hunts, i do it all, some of them on a daily basis, and i still like the AP grind because its something i can do whenever i can without waiting for people to show up or sitting on a queue for 15 min+ for regular bgs or 1h+ for the epic ones.

So yeah, i didnt sacked anything for the "ap-grind wonder".

And no, im not much of being of an alt person, yes, i do have alts, but they're something i play when im really bored and already done wth the stuff on my main, wich include, ap grind.

I'll never understand people who want to remove features from the game. You dont like it? Dont do it. Blizz sooner or later will make a way for the people to catch up anyway.

If you think i am bullshting you, feel free to pm me and ill give you the armory of my toon =)

If any form of artifact and AP to power it is in the next expansion -- Void Power, Elune Power, Death Power, whatever -- I will stop playing. Give us something NEW.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    In Legion we had the AP for artifacts, and in BFA we had the AP for necks. How would you like to see the AP system moving forward?

Should Blizzard stick to the same AP formula we've all grown with, or alter it, or remove it?
    Can't wait to grind AP for my Championesque Underwear, The Thong of Many Lashes.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    In Legion we had the AP for artifacts, and in BFA we had the AP for necks. How would you like to see the AP system moving forward?

Should Blizzard stick to the same AP formula we've all grown with, or alter it, or remove it?
    I'm sure they will stick to the mechanic. I wouldn't mind this if they remove titanforging. This way we could collect BiS and be done with gear, but we would still have an incentive to play and get stronger because of a new Artifact to grind. It would include no RNG however, which would be highly appreciated.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    An AP-style system is going to be a part of every expansion going forward in some form. We just need to accept it. People who say they 'want ap gone' are sticking their head in the sand like fools.... its going to be there.

If the next expansion is Dragon Isles, maybe it'll be related to powering up some relic so we can recharge the Dragon Aspects with their immortality.
    I actually snotted my soda. This is a spot on post that needs to be remembered in the coming weeks.

AP just need to have an END. not being infinite grind would help a lot.

AP essentially just replaced Badges/Valor as a weekly goal type system that worked better with WQs than the old systems would have. The big difference (I think) is that AP grinding is somewhat endless on both a short and long term scale. To stay competitive at the start of a tier requires a LOT of work (that most raiders don't want to do at all) for people who care to min/max for spots in competitive guilds or don't want to be a drag on other people who are putting that level of effort in.

AP/AK basically creates an equilibrium, where people who put 70k of grind in per week are ~3-4 weeks ahead of someone who puts in 30k of grind weekly. If you are in an even semi-serious progression raiding group, 3-4 weeks is a very long time, so it puts pressure on people to heavily grind something that they dont want to do. If you are a fairly casual player, or only raiding normal/heroic, etc etc and just get AP naturally as it comes or do islands weekly I can see how the system is a good one and keeps people entertained. But they need to find a balance between the two.

Honestly I think they just need to cap how much total AP you can earn at the end of each week and combine that with AK. So like in Week 2 of 8.3 the max amount of AP you could earn in aggregate would get your neck to 72 (and lets say the level of weekly effort to get from 71-72 is 30k). The next week, AK kicks in, so each level goes down rank in cost, and the max you can earn goes up by 1 to 73 (which again costs 30k). And so on and so forth until 85 or whatever the max is for the 8.3 cycle. This would let people still go farm AP however they prefer to each week, without the pressure to mega-farm AP constantly. If you missed a few days, or even a few weeks it wouldn't be the end of the world to serious players. Casual folks could still enjoy their regular AP power gains the same they are now.

A grind is absolutely necessary to the endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    They need to remove the "AP system" from the game, its a terrible grind.
    I agree but the real flaw with it is that it's a <b>permanent</b> grind. If there was a reasonably attainable cap, and then each content drop uncapped it, and had a reasonable catchup mechanic other than just poof you get it instantly, it would work better.

The main gripe with the grindiness of AP systems is that it's super duper punishing to an alt gamer who is more interested in keeping up with multiple characters than they are hitting the absolute pinnacle of endgame content.

I'm not saying make it easier to do alts than to stick to a main, I'm saying that if I've got one character at AP level 50, the next one starts at 0, but has 100% increase from 0-50, and if you hit a second, the third gets 200% to 50, and so on, it's an account reward so that if you for instance want a horde and an alliance, or two different classes, or one for pve and one for pvp, you're not going to suffer repeating the same stale endgame grind TWICE, only 1.5x

They never should've brought it back in BFA. It's worse than artifact weapons and more boring. No depth and no fun in that system.

I really hope it doesn't come back in any way or shape in 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by calanos View Post
    AP essentially just replaced Badges/Valor as a weekly goal type system that worked better with WQs than the old systems would have. The big difference (I think) is that AP grinding is somewhat endless on both a short and long term scale. To stay competitive at the start of a tier requires a LOT of work (that most raiders don't want to do at all) for people who care to min/max for spots in competitive guilds or don't want to be a drag on other people who are putting that level of effort in.

AP/AK basically creates an equilibrium, where people who put 70k of grind in per week are ~3-4 weeks ahead of someone who puts in 30k of grind weekly. If you are in an even semi-serious progression raiding group, 3-4 weeks is a very long time, so it puts pressure on people to heavily grind something that they dont want to do. If you are a fairly casual player, or only raiding normal/heroic, etc etc and just get AP naturally as it comes or do islands weekly I can see how the system is a good one and keeps people entertained. But they need to find a balance between the two.

Honestly I think they just need to cap how much total AP you can earn at the end of each week and combine that with AK. So like in Week 2 of 8.3 the max amount of AP you could earn in aggregate would get your neck to 72 (and lets say the level of weekly effort to get from 71-72 is 30k). The next week, AK kicks in, so each level goes down rank in cost, and the max you can earn goes up by 1 to 73 (which again costs 30k). And so on and so forth until 85 or whatever the max is for the 8.3 cycle. This would let people still go farm AP however they prefer to each week, without the pressure to mega-farm AP constantly. If you missed a few days, or even a few weeks it wouldn't be the end of the world to serious players. Casual folks could still enjoy their regular AP power gains the same they are now.
    I agree. Essentially AP/AK is a good system, but perhaps AK needs to be inflated a little bit, or base AK on story progress, so that a character's best bet to catching up to the raid environment is to catch up in the story missions, rather than the repeatable and less important seeming world quests.

Remove it and replace it with a grind that is more passive and organic. For example, the paragon system in diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I want it gone I don’t need an annoying grind.
    I want it gone for good too. Tired of AP's. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    D3's paragon system to me would be the best
    Is this not essentially what we have now with AP levels?

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Is this not essentially what we have now with AP levels?
    Paragon is acc bound instead of character bound... which makes it less tedious because it's something you get even when playing alts and such

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    I hope it stays but is brought back to having some depth and interest to it, like it did in Legion. For that matter I also hope mission tables go back to Legion or WoD customization and complexity, they are so shallow right now.
    Pls no AP system is awful

10+ Year Old Account
    What was that about removing it and you have WoD 2.0?

What is escaping me here? The game was free of this nonsense throughout its lifespan

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think AP is bad.
    It gives people something to farm if they truly want to

However, the Azerite traits being completely random needs to change
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I want it gone I don’t need an annoying grind.

Me too but I DO NOT WANT IT Again AP GRIND IN NEXT XPAC...SOMETHING DIFFERENT PLZ.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I don't think AP is bad.
    It gives people something to farm if they truly want to

However, the Azerite traits being completely random needs to change
    Farming/Unlocking traits weren’t an option in Legion or BfA if you wanted to do end game content.

You make it seem like it was optional with “if they want to” when it wasn’t in the slightest.
    Last edited by mostvp71; 2019-10-17 at 09:05 PM.