View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I really haven't been paying attention for months (ever?) so correct me here if I'm wrong but was Theresa Mays deal accepted by the EU but didn't get through parliament or was it rejected by the EU.
    That deal didn't get through the UK parliament - even though there were three attempts. The new deal is unlikely to get three attempts.

And is not clear if EU would considering resurrecting May's deal (since the new deal seems better for the EU).

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    That deal didn't get through the UK parliament - even though there were three attempts. The new deal is unlikely to get three attempts.

And is not clear if EU would considering resurrecting May's deal (since the new deal seems better for the EU).
    Well then, I guess see previous post "Why is it even an option" This whole thing is redefining the word farce. (ty for reply)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The referendum has nothing to do with FPTP.
    In FPTP you'd get the leave vote split and the remain vote unified, leading to a remain vote.
    But in something like Alternative Vote, you could have all 3 options listed, and when one of the leave votes loses, then have second preferences come in and (maybe) result in a leave victory.

To imply that the way you vote has nothing to do with a vote is silly. That's like saying the kind of car I use has nothing to do with me getting from point a to point b
    Last edited by Temp name; 2019-10-17 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That picture is just a perfect example of how fucked up everything is.

The answers apart from the first, fifth and sixth aren't even workable.
    And fifth and sixth options are overlapping, as I'm sure there are many that are comfortable with both options, whereas I don't think there are lots of people who say "I want to leave without a deal - and want that confirmed in a second referendum!".

10+ Year Old Account
    And fifth and sixth options are overlapping, as I'm sure there are many that are comfortable with both options, whereas I don't think there are lots of people who say "I want to leave without a deal - and want that confirmed in a second referendum!".
    And how do you tell them after leaving without a deal, that you're then going into negotiations for a deal? How do you reconcile that?

The whole bullshit of no-deal actually being legitimately possible needs to stop, because it's so paradoxical.

Your stubbornness and plain stupidity is pushing your country into a corner you don't need to be in. The current deal pushed the UK minus NI into a potential deregulated shithole, and doomed NI to eternal EU submission. It also makes it very hard for the UK to make any trade deal without aligning to EU regulations.
    By all metrics May's deal was better unless you own an investment fund in the UK and short the GBP.

Oh Nigel... you....

'So an unelected, retiring bureaucrat says: No extension, take this new treaty or just leave.

He is overriding the Benn Act. The EU shows itself to be a thuggocracy - power without accountability.

Appalling people.'

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/sta...34973662175234

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s-zsPRhcwc

- - - Updated - - -

If true...

'Senior Labour source suggests to me that the party’s National Executive Committee will bar any Labour MP who votes for Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal from standing again, if the Whip isn’t withdrawn first'

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/stat...35854814437376

...Saturday could be brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If true...

'Senior Labour source suggests to me that the party’s National Executive Committee will bar any Labour MP who votes for Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal from standing again, if the Whip isn’t withdrawn first'

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/stat...35854814437376

...Saturday could be brutal!
    I don't know about you, but even if those Labour MPs vote for the deal, I still can't see how it will possibly pass. The ex-Tories won't vote for it. All the opposition parties will vote against. The DUP have said they will vote against. By my count Boris would need about 30 Labour to vote with him, and that's assuming that this harder version of May's deal doesn't push any more of his own party to vote against it.

It's dead in the water before it starts, and the only interesting thing will be the numbers for a second referendum (assuming somebody puts an amendment up to trigger a vote).

Then Boris needs to ask for an extension, and if he doesn't it's back to the High Court on Monday. Where he is batting pretty much zero, last time I looked.

And all this is assuming that the deal isn't ruled illegal under a law pushed through by Reet-Smug. You couldn't make it up!
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Nigel... you....

'So an unelected, retiring bureaucrat says: No extension, take this new treaty or just leave.

He is overriding the Benn Act. The EU shows itself to be a thuggocracy - power without accountability.

Appalling people.'

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/sta...34973662175234
    What alternative dimension did I just step in to?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Oh Nigel... you....

Appalling people.'
    Hasn't he been advocating for a no-deal brexit and no extensions since like...the start of this shit? Why is he getting pissy about it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    What alternative dimension did I just step in to?
    The one where he realises he might be about to lose his gravy train.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hasn't he been advocating for a no-deal brexit and no extensions since like...the start of this shit? Why is he getting pissy about it now?
    Because it could be the end of the Brexit party and Farage's political career if Boris gets his brexit through. It is only extremist remainers and their equivalent brexiteers who can possibly be against this deal.

Many probably haven't seen tomorrows UK front pages but almost across the board they universally read similar to this...

GET REAL…TAKE THE DEAL! The Sun urges every MP to back Boris Johnson’s deal on Saturday and get Brexit done

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit...t-brexit-done/

Nice write up/graphic in there as to why Boris's deal is worlds apart from Theresa's too.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Because it could be the end of the Brexit party and Farage's political career if Boris gets his brexit through. It is only extremist remainers and their equivalent brexiteers who can possibly be against this deal.

Many probably haven't seen tomorrows UK front pages but almost across the board they universally read similar to this...

GET REAL…TAKE THE DEAL! The Sun urges every MP to back Boris Johnson’s deal on Saturday and get Brexit done

Nice write up/graphic in there as to why Boris's deal is worlds apart from Theresa's too.
    A wonderful improvement over May's deal. And all the UK had to do was give up Northern Ireland to the EU.

Note that Northern Ireland can't leave the EU customs union without violating the Good Friday Agreement, the 'vote' will be completely meaningless so long as no solution for the Irish border is found, which probably doesn't exist if the UK moves away from the EU's regulations.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I gotta say, I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is happening.

May deal is bad, Boris deal is worse, no deal Brexit is the worst.

Therefore pro-Remain are going to vote against Boris deal under some grand delusion that they are going to magically get an entirely new deal and then have a referendum in less than a week... what in the fuck are they doing?

The DUP have flip flopped on whether they like Boris on almost a daily basis, the ERG have decided that this deal is fine and they are going to vote for it despite previously saying they would reject anything opposed by the DUP, Farage is sat on his fat arse demanding that this isn't a proper Brexit because any and every reference to the EU or Europe in general is entirely deleted from British consciousness.

Even in the mad timeline we seem to be living in today seems to stand out as being completely bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Populists need an enemy to work their fear campaign on. Nigel will always, under any circumstances, blame the EU for virutally everything. It's the only platform he has. If you faceplants himself against a lamppost in some random English village tomorrow, he will blame the EU for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    I gotta say, I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is happening.

May deal is bad, Boris deal is worse, no deal Brexit is the worst.

Therefore pro-Remain are going to vote against Boris deal under some grand delusion that they are going to magically get an entirely new deal and then have a referendum in less than a week... what in the fuck are they doing?

The DUP have flip flopped on whether they like Boris on almost a daily basis, the ERG have decided that this deal is fine and they are going to vote for it despite previously saying they would reject anything opposed by the DUP, Farage is sat on his fat arse demanding that this isn't a proper Brexit because any and every reference to the EU or Europe in general is entirely deleted from British consciousness.

Even in the mad timeline we seem to be living in today seems to stand out as being completely bizarre.
    Bizarre is not strong enough a word to describe what is happening. Part of me thinks 4chan is running England by now...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Bizarre is not strong enough a word to describe what is happening. Part of me thinks 4chan is running England by now...
    Twitch Plays Brexit?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account

That doesn't explain why he's whining that the EU is apparently trying to circumvent the Benn agreement.

That's an action that would give him his blessed no-deal Brexit.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The different rags rooting for this deal tell me that the Brexiteers outside Farage have decided that it is either this or no Brexit so let's at least take this.
    I'm taking all this as a good sign. The fact that the ERG are prepared to vote for something that they specifically legislated to make illegal last year suggests to me that they realise they are on the brink of losing and are desparate. We just need to hold our nerve, vote this deal down and force the issue. Worst case scenario, we get a second referendum. Best case scenario is revocation of Article 50.

Like the rest of them dribbles knows that the writing is on the wall; hence his spastic cheerleading on here for the last couple of days. Thrashing around throwing insults and crowing about in all directions with no identifiable sense of purpose. This is the last hurrah before his dream dies, and you can bet he knows it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

The Sun can shove it where the sun don't shine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Populists need an enemy to work their fear campaign on. Nigel will always, under any circumstances, blame the EU for virutally everything.
    Despite drawing a salary from the EU and having done so for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    A wonderful improvement over May's deal.
    The Times, from a few days ago:

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least the EU got exactly what they wanted. No red line was crossed.

For the Brits on the other hand...

Maybe a good training for trade negotiations to come.