Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Absolutely *nothing* is confirmed until we hear about it at Blizzcon. Why do people keep using that word so incorrectly?
    Nothing is confirmed but it is now a serious option on the table that people should be taking seriously. If anything it carries more water than Necromancer (which was mostly conjecture from a riddle leak combined with the DK updates) and Tinker (which has literally nothing behind it).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Hope no new specs or classes. More specs/classes = less dev time spent on each one = rushed gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    Do you know what a question mark means?
    Well, if you have to ask if a data mine means that something is confirmed...then it obviously isn't.

"confirmed" would be someone that actually works on the game straight out saying something along the lines "Some classes will be given an extra spec."

Anything less than that is speculation.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Anything less than that is speculation.
    Yes, it is.

[QUOTE=zlygork;51724010it still would in no way be an incentive to level new characters.[/QUOTE]

It would be a huge incentive, IMO. Lots of people already level allied races with old specs. With new specs, the motivation would be even greater.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Holy shit. I really hope not.
    What would that spec even be?

I'd rather see them go down to 2 specs (3 for druids).
    Nightmare? Green Dragon?

Lorewise you could porbably do it

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    It's a PLATE wearing class. It's not getting a ranged spec, and for diseases they already got unholy =/
    So? Holy Paladins wear plate and they're entirely casters and don't heal in melee range.

Nope, nothing confirmed yet.
    We will see in what, two weeks?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    If someone here is delusional it is you. Whole fundamental idea of druids wasn't that you pick up a cat and played like semi-rogue or bear and played like semi-protwar, it was about adapting to given circumstances.
    Dividing feral into catspec and bearspec was easily one of Blizzards worst decisions ever.

PS: that fiery sword might as well mean nothing at all other than just a cosmetic flavor of new LK, nothing more. So far there is nothing known for sure, not even why Bolvar didn't just die like the rest of alliance and horde crew that got gased and burned by dragonfire.
    PS2: if anything its dragonfire, not hellfire, I mean... i could be, but we are in this point of Blizzards LoreCraft where very little (if anything at all) is known for sure and anything the come up with is made "on the go".
    You contradict my point by saying something completely unrelated... I was saying that it was fair that other classes received new spec while druid doesnt necessarily deserve more.

About what you said, in warcraft 3 a druid of the claw was a guardian druid, a druid of the talon turned into a crow, its not even clear they can use other forms. But I do understand your point, would be nice to change shapes and adapt to different situations, and I believe currently that is well implemented in the game, a restoration druid with feral affinity can go into meele and deal a good amount of dps, the system could be further improved though.

I mentioned this in the other 4th spec thread, but I will here too. Explain to me how the Legion expansion works with a 4th spec. Are they going to add new artifact weapons, new lore, new quests, and new skins for every single spec added? That's a ton of work for a previous expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    an "ashes" death knight would be pretty kino ngl but i doubt we'll get fourth specs

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    You contradict my point by saying something completely unrelated... I was saying that it was fair that other classes received new spec while druid doesnt necessarily deserve more.

About what you said, in warcraft 3 a druid of the claw was a guardian druid, a druid of the talon turned into a crow, its not even clear they can use other forms. But I do understand your point, would be nice to change shapes and adapt to different situations, and I believe currently that is well implemented in the game, a restoration druid with feral affinity can go into meele and deal a good amount of dps, the system could be further improved though.
    In W3 paladins have what? Only Holy Light, Divine Shield, Resurrection and passive D.aura?
    In about every other fantasy druids are all about utilizing shape-shifting depending on what's needed in given situation, only in WoW they are locked to single shapeshift 99% of time. It make no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I mentioned this in the other 4th spec thread, but I will here too. Explain to me how the Legion expansion works with a 4th spec. Are they going to add new artifact weapons, new lore, new quests, and new skins for every single spec added? That's a ton of work for a previous expansion.
    Blizzard doesn't quite have a history of really caring of past expansions, at best they band-aid stuff if in dire need. If that. In this case they would probably just take a random weapon model added a few recolors and called a day.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Nightmare? Green Dragon?

Lorewise you could porbably do it
    Which has nothing to do with the actual game play. It needs more than "Imma dragon. Now I autoattack".

Isnt Bolvars fire basically healing flames?

As dumb as it sounds, if a 4th spec is coming, it could be a healing/fire spec.

Could make sense if they are trying to give every class a tank/healer/dps option

10+ Year Old Account
    While I highly doubt that there will ever be 4th specs I'd take it over Tinkers any day, and I'm kind of hyped for Tinkers.

Some useless idiots with too much time, me included already came up with what it they could be like for most classes:

Mage: Time Magic-based healing spec. As in they don't actually heal, they just turn back time locally to undo wounds.

Warlock: Tank, obviously. They'd already tuned it to work, then killed it last minute before an expansion launch. Can't remember which.

Warrior: Gladiator, duh.

Hunter: Tank spec based on Eyes of the Beast. Just have them control their pet and have the Hunter Character act as the pet gameplay-Wise. Can be DPS as well based on t he per chosen. Give pets role-based expanded skill trees.

Paladin: Shockadin is a no-brainer.

Monk: Fistweaver as a dedicated spec. Make them an actual Melee-based healer.

Rogue: Mid-ranged Ninja spec based on Shuriken and crazy mobility. Or evasion-based tank if you want to be boring.

Priest: Could be something like the classical Bishop-role that wears cloth or leather but also smashes shit in melee with a mace.

Druid: Already has a 4th spec

Shaman: Enhancement-based Tank

Demon Hunter: No clue. Also, would need 2 extra specs.

Also, make some armor classes spec-dependent instead of class-dependent.
    I'd be totally fine with Fury Warriors becoming an Agility based Mail-wearing spec for example. Could open the way for other cool ship like more heavily-armored combat mages (didn't check the lore if that's a thing in Warcraft, but it's an idea)

But this would not only require extensive balancing but a full rework of the entire class system.

Still, If done right it might be very much worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yeah, "Fire" DK would "really make sense". Also adding 12 new specs (6 classes, comparing to DH) in one expansion would also "really make sense".

Oh wait.
    Considering the current leader of the DKs is literally a man on fire... it isn't much of a stretch to say that he could teach DKs how to wield that, any differently than Arthas-LK taught the old generation of DKs how to wield frost/undeath/blood.

There isn't a hard rule, anywhere, that says DK CAN ONLY USE THESE 3 POWER TYPES EVER.

Who knows what the fuck Bolvar can do, being a paladin that was blight-bombed, burned by the flames of the Dragon queen, tortured by Arthas, and now wearing the Helm of Domination. That's a seriously scary mix of stuff.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Isnt Bolvars fire basically healing flames?

As dumb as it sounds, if a 4th spec is coming, it could be a healing/fire spec.

Could make sense if they are trying to give every class a tank/healer/dps option
    If the stuff we've seen on the PTR is to beblieved then no, it would still not be a healing spec. All healing specs are int based, so the weapon would have to be based on INT too. Not to mention that even with bolvar being kept alive by the dragon's flame, DK's have no connection to healing (besides taking health from others for themselves) at all. Death Knights are commanders of undead, they have no use for healing, they can just raise more minions or reconstruct them, shoe-horning in a healing spec would the weirdest thing ever..

The most likely choice is something cosmetic for the lols, Blizzard is trolling us/the data-miners, or it's a neutral base variant before chosing a spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds completely legit!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since Bolvar is burning Lich King, there will be new spec - Burning Death Knights. No brainer to me. Welcome to 4th specs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    They can't design 3 proper specs...
    This sums it up pretty well. "It" being the reason why there should not be 4th specs.