Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Going with that thinking they could add in a void themed 3rd spec while trying to bridge the lore gaps and bolster DH numbers.
    I was thinking this as well, if they add a void/shadow (demon) spec that plays maybe semi-ranged. Then it could make sense if they add void elf' and nightborn as playable options.

Quote Originally Posted by Sider View Post
    It makes no sense to train new DHs. If this happen it will another kick to the lore.

I think that portals are n zoth fight relates. Somethin like yogg saron brain room
    You're not entirely wrong, as far as N'zoth goes. He does have loads of different tentacles and a brain room, pretty much the same base mechanic as they used for C'thun and copied over to Yogg. But that's only three and none of them have to do with anything depicted on these portals.

3+ Year Old Account
    If they inroduce Man'ari Eredar as an AR then I can see them as DH's. But a Draenei would NEVER, EVER become a Demon Hunter. Eredar are prone to zealotry, as you can see on both sides of their race. The Man'ari will never follow the Light and the Draenei will never use Fel. I personally like this paradigm.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Technically Any race can be a non illidari DH since it was other non illidari elves who went around azeroth non following illidan and could have trained other races. It was hinted at for years that there was a human DH.

While illidari were traditionally elves, though it could happen where a draenei / broken or orc could become one while illidan was training his army in BC.
    Illidan trained an Orc DH, I think? Remember something along those lines from the book that came out before/with Legion, all about Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Thank you for further proving my point, though I didn't need your assistance.
    how did i prove your point? you said that you wanted a fel+void demon i said that it doesnt work cuz void+fel=boom

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    how did i prove your point? you said that you wanted a fel+void demon i said that it doesnt work cuz void+fel=boom
    You never proved it though. You cannot prove that Xhul'horac became unstable due to the void and fel energies combined, because that's false, since he is literally a fel-infused void revenant, so he would have gone out of control earlier if that were the case. Xhul'horac even has an ability called "Shadowfel Phasing" through which he switches between void and fel magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blahdiblah View Post
    ofcourse it should "grow and evolve" (what a term..) but it should be done in a meaningful way and not just because someone thought 'hey lets do this that would be really cool' with zero regard for what has already happened and whats going to happen. otherwise you end up with a mess like what we saw in GOT where everything stopped making sense.
    It stopped making sense at the beginning. WoW always went with the Rule of Cool thanks to Metzen. The guy made great characters but not good story.

You never proved it though. You cannot prove that Xhul'horac became unstable due to the void and fel energies combined, because that's false, since he is literally a fel-infused void revenant, so he would have gone out of control earlier if that were the case. Xhul'horac even has an ability called "Shadowfel Phasing" through which he switches between void and fel magic.
    yes he switches, because he cant maintain the state of being both fel and void at the same time, read the description of the last phase

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Except the fact that the Tomb of Sargeras probably houses untold amounts of weaponry and information on how to fight the Void...since that was the Legion's entire intent?

They could be training a second generation based on all of the new information and how they can apply it with their demonic abilities to target Void specific entities.
    Why would weapons be placed inside of a tomb instead of in the hands of a fighter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    The legion is still around. just not as strong nor prominent then before. Remember pirates of the Caribbean 3? They defeated the main ship then suddenly they all turned and ran when they couldve easily outnumbered them? The legion still has thousands, millions of demons. They are just without thier leader.
    In theory they're stuck in the twisting nether now when they die and can't get back, since Sargeras was the one letting them out, after originally trapping them in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    We basically got Fel Elves this way.
    Uh, those are called blood elves.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    In theory they're stuck in the twisting nether now when they die and can't get back, since Sargeras was the one letting them out, after originally trapping them in there.
    I think they were trapped in Marduum cause Sargeras couldn't kill them permanently so he imprisoned them.

they can most likely spawn on their own stronghold.

there are a lot of Legion worlds I presume.

yes he switches, because he cant maintain the state of being both fel and void at the same time, read the description of the last phase
    Yes, it's the phase which has the ability called "Shadowfel Phasing".

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Why would weapons be placed inside of a tomb instead of in the hands of a fighter?

- - - Updated - - -
    The Legion was using it as a base of operation? Pretty sure they were fairly armed.

Aegwynn used this sacred temple of Elune to lock away the defeated Sargeras’ avatar. She hoped it would remain dormant, buried deep within the earth, but the lure of power has continued to draw foul entities to this site. When Gul’dan reentered the tomb, he tore down Aegwynn’s wards and opened a doorway for the Legion to invade. Now the fel army tears at the vault, hoping to reclaim their master’s power.
    Not to mention, both in-game and in the real world, tombs have always been a place to house valuable objects to the owners. I'm pretty sure you've at least heard of the Egyptian Pyramids?

Since the images got leaked with a void version of Valley of Eternal Blossom, which we also saw in the 8.3 feature "trailer" - I am guessing these are "just" the "Horrific Visions" - which Ion talked about in the reveal of 8.3.

I do like your ideas of new DHs and DKs though.
    Last edited by This One Time At Bandcamp; 2019-10-17 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedemel View Post
    In addition to this, the whole "it will -be- another kick to the lore" argument is stupid. Should the lore not grow and evolve?
    And also void elfs are elfs too but would be too awkward having fel and void. Would be a kick in the nuts too.

Yes, it's the phase which has the ability called "Shadowfel Phasing".
    thats the 3rd phase not the last one

thats the 3rd phase not the last one
    Correct, that's the phase where he is using both void and fel magic, hence the name "shadowfel". Him being a void creature infused with the fel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Illidan only became a true demon hunter (one who consumes demons to gain their fel powers) when he consumed the Skull of Guldan, and that happened during the 3rd War. At least that's my understanding.
    I mean illidan is the only true demon hunter as he has the actual power from sargeras himself. no other "demon hunter" has that.. they all had to improv it, be it under illidan's watch or not. It doesnt matter whether the DH was trained by illidan or not they will never be a "true" demon hunter cause no one can do it the same way illidan did. Not to mention the skull of guldan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
    Was it?
    Was there a name or anything? I'm curious, I'd like to look it up.
    Human/Orc Demon Hunters wouldn't be a terrible stretch, though I think Draenai would be against it.
    There is no name. It was only hinted at. Even nobbel acknowledged it in a video pre-legion.

To all people that say "DH skills can be used to battle other threats"

You forget one thing. DH must basically maul himself. Remove his eyes, take demons inside him, live in constant threat of snapping and killing everyone he care. And one must do it WILLINGLY, it not condition that can be forces on someone (at least not as easy as DK). And they done it because they lost EVERYTHING to legion, they wanted vengeance (huh), for all that they lost. Since there is no legion now - there is no reason for others to go and ASK for such thing. Unless someone lose everything to random demon warband - noone will agree to this (or almost noone). And unless some demon hunters skill prove to be VERY NEEDED in battle of upcoming threats, training new DH is not reasonable at all. Yeah blizzard can always make it like DH see through Void illusions and etc, but now? sorry chances are too low. And i am not even said a thing about death rate of new DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    To all people that say "DH skills can be used to battle other threats"

You forget one thing. DH must basically maul himself. Remove his eyes, take demons inside him, live in constant threat of snapping and killing everyone he care. And one must do it WILLINGLY, it not condition that can be forces on someone (at least not as easy as DK). And they done it because they lost EVERYTHING to legion, they wanted vengeance (huh), for all that they lost. Since there is no legion now - there is no reason for others to go and ASK for such thing. Unless someone lose everything to random demon warband - noone will agree to this (or almost noone). And unless some demon hunters skill prove to be VERY NEEDED in battle of upcoming threats, training new DH is not reasonable at all. Yeah blizzard can always make it like DH see through Void illusions and etc, but now? sorry chances are too low. And i am not even said a thing about death rate of new DH.
    Just because the war against the Legion was successful, that doesn't mean there isn't entire planets fully inhabited by Legion affiliated demons out there. We know there are. Just like taking out the head of a terrorist or crime organization, there is always another waiting to take the reigns. Granted, none will be as strong as Sargeras, but that doesn't mean they can't adopt a new leader.

Not to mention, the Demon Hunter's fel abilities were taking the phrase "fight fire with fire" literally. When the Legion was using Fel to wage war on the Void. So Demon Hunters by default would be the most instrumental force in fighting back the Void. Who is to say that they don't add a 3rd spec with Void abilities? We've seen demons forcefully infused with Fel (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=93068/xhulhorac) which showcased the immense destructive power of the two forces meeting. A Demon Hunter utilizing both at the same time could very well be one of the strongest forces in the WoW universe.

DH on other races will break the the lore of the class, but if done correctly it can be a good shift.