Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Anyone else find it weird that...

Of all the races that specifically already allied with the Horde, none of them are Allied Races...

The Forest trolls from Revantusk.

The Taunka from Northrend.

The Ogres from Dustwallow.

The Hozen from Jade Forest.

The Mok'Nathal from Outland.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Of all the races that specifically already allied with the Horde, none of them are Allied Races...

Somehow I feel the joke is way above my head here.

No I do not find it weird.

Almost like they were from before they decided to add actual allied races.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Still wondering why Ogres aren't part of the Horde. There is no valid reason. And don't say they are too big because their size can be scaled down if needed.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Almost like they were from before they decided to add actual allied races.
    So were Dark Iron Dwarves but they still made it in. I get OP's point. Why did we get Highmountain instead of Taunka?

The decision to add such and such race to horde or alliance is chosen by Blizz. Maybe you should bring this up at Blizzcon
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Still wondering why Ogres aren't part of the Horde. There is no valid reason. And don't say they are too big because their size can be scaled down if needed.
    Apparently they've been passed up twice, first by Blood Elves and then Goblins. Supposedly, Blizzard has had trouble designing female Ogres. Originally, way back before they decided to retcon Draenei, Alliance were supposed to get Blood Elves and Horde would get Ogres. Then Chinese Horde players wanted their girlfriends to have hot toons and the rest is history. Ogres would have gone in along with Worgen in Cataclysm, but they decided to go with Goblins who I heard rumors about at one point possibly being a neutral race for both Horde and Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    The decision to add such and such race to horde or alliance is chosen by Blizz.
    Life changing comment. I never realize this.

Or the Gilblin from Nazjatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So were Dark Iron Dwarves but they still made it in. I get OP's point. Why did we get Highmountain instead of Taunka?
    Probably because it was relevant to Legion. I honestly havent played Alliance in years, but didn't the DI join the Alliance in BFA where they were previously adversaries? Whereas no one has heard from the Taunka in almost 10 years.

Because Taunka look like shit.

Then Chinese Horde players wanted their girlfriends to have hot toons and the rest is history.
    Source: my ass

It is time to compromise; would you prefer lightforged ogres, or undead ogres?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    At least they're different. The only thing good about Highmountain Taurens is the heritage armor.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Aren't ogres part of the Horde? They may not be playable, but as far as I could tell, the Horde continued to have ogre allies.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably because it was relevant to Legion. I honestly havent played Alliance in years, but didn't the DI join the Alliance in BFA where they were previously adversaries? Whereas no one has heard from the Taunka in almost 10 years.
    The Dark Iron joined the Alliance in Cataclysm (technically the Shattering) after holding Prince Anduin hostage and then forming the Council of the Three Hammers.

5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard decides which race is relevant and which isn't. There's no point arguing this. If Blizzard really wanted Taunkas as a playable race, they would take some time to create some story behind the reasons, so everything is up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Liszt View Post
    At least they're different. The only thing good about Highmountain Taurens is the heritage armor.
    They're about as different as Highmountain Tauren or any other Allied Race, but Highmountain Tauren actually look good.

Yeah, pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    Source: my ass
    It's one of those unfounded rumors with no credibility but a lot of logical basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    Versus Highmountain and their sexy antlers?

Quote Originally Posted by Liszt View Post
    Blizzard decides which race is relevant and which isn't. There's no point arguing this. If Blizzard really wanted Taunkas as a playable race, they would take some time to create some story behind the reasons, so everything is up to them.
    Not really arguing, and I never said it was up to anyone but Blizzard, but almost all of the ARs have been connected to the current story, and the Tuanka for example haven't been involved in anything in years, sure that could change, perhaps even next expansion, but right now the races the OP mentioned are in a bit of a limbo unless they decide to write them back in.