View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    We know he did
    That's one super depressing thing about this. We get to re-live how powerful Ner'zhul was, and how sniveling Arthas was, and then remember how they butchered the lore for WLK.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It hasn't been entirely consistent or canonically explained. In WC3, and now Reforged, it has a unique design with skeletal rib and skull designs, linked together with chains.

This is how it looks in WC3 without the Frozen Throne model.

In the tabletop RPG it was called the Plate of the Damned and was used to bind Ner'zhul's soul.

In some of the more recent TCG art they just put Arthas's DK armor in the Frozen Throne but that is probably just due to lack of reference art.

The armor hasn't been seen since Arthas became Lich King.
    I am a huge lore fan and have all the three chronicle books and read a lot of wikipedia. I guess he just took the helmet and the other armor parts are still left in the ice?

One thing I point out about the Lich King's armor that always irked me - It's not designed for Ner'zhul, who was an Orc. This is a very human-centric armor, and it always irked me how this armor was the main representation of the Lich King, Ner'zhul, but as an Orc this armor would not fit his physique at all (even if he was completely disembodied).

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well we know how warcraft dragon eggs look, and its something that would cause internal bleeding with every laying.
    I would like to get these spiky eggs instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    One thing I point out about the Lich King's armor that always irked me - It's not designed for Ner'zhul, who was an Orc. This is a very human-centric armor, and it always irked me how this armor was the main representation of the Lich King, Ner'zhul, but as an Orc this armor would not fit his physique at all (even if he was completely disembodied).
    It was forged by Nathrezim, making it even weirder.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Not really. They're not even the same colors.
    If you meant the scaled structure? That's just normal dragon egg according to the other millions fantasy sources...

GoT just made it more famous.

I don't think you know what a "nod" means, I mean of course the 3 eggs HAPPENED to be colored in the iconic colors of Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion, even if it wasn't an exact shade, but yeah that's what a nod is..

I doubt it was ever meant for an orc to wear anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Really, it more of screams everyone in this thread is a Inhuman to me...

But maybe that's just Garithos.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, where did you go? Thought you'd want to see all of this good datamining stuff.
    I saw it all, no worries
    Just kinda forgot to check this threat regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    That's one super depressing thing about this. We get to re-live how powerful Ner'zhul was, and how sniveling Arthas was, and then remember how they butchered the lore for WLK.
    Dont despair my friend. While WotLk indeed butchered Ner'zhuls lore, chronicles 3 retconed Arthas straight up killing Ner'zhul. It specifically describes how he reduces him to a "wail of sorrow", basically an endlessly screaming voice, at the rand of his consciousness.
    If we now add Bolvars sudden aggressiveness and talk about the dk player being " the arm of his vengeance against the BL" during Legion, which immediatly dissapeared again in BfA, after the BL was gone, and i think its likely well see a Ner'zhul comeback.
    Its likely his influence got over Bolvar got stronger during Legion, since revenge against them was one of his main goals, and when they got defeated, he wasnt that prominent in Bolvars head anymore (for now).
    Why else would Bolvar talk about vengeance, what had he to do with the legion before?

But lets stay on topic, WC3.
    Anyone else find it funny how many of these models are literally so much better than the WoW models? Seriously, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden and even the faceless ones look so much better. The art style is just so much cooler than in wow.
    Some of them are straight up horrifying, like this dude

http://www.kruithne.net/warcraft-ref...onstrosity.png

or The Forgotten One (seriously, he looks so much more ancient and old god-y than n'zoth)

http://www.kruithne.net/warcraft-ref...rgottenone.png
    Last edited by Houle; 2019-10-18 at 01:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Technically should be demon armor, since it was crafted by the Burning Legion. And in that regard I think it's pretty accurate.

It actually has a moderate resemblance to the kind of armor you see Eredar and Annihilan wear. Skulls and chains, minimal coverage.

Many, many years ago I actually made a photoshop of a ghostly Ner'zhul wearing the armor inside the Throne, which is why I ripped the images using the model viewer originally.

Here's an icon for the armor in Reforged btw:

Haven't seen the model yet.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-10-18 at 01:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadiHD View Post
    I don't think you know what a "nod" means, I mean of course the 3 eggs HAPPENED to be colored in the iconic colors of Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion, even if it wasn't an exact shade, but yeah that's what a nod is..
    the only color right is the green one.

Btw, they updated animations of many models. It's just that the new animations must be completely in sync with the old frame by frame. Let's say it's 2 frame for paladin attack animation then the updated one must be 2 too. How it looks is what that is updated.

Based on what we know about Nerzul & the Burning Legion, and the visual similarities between The Harvester, Apocalypse & Frostmorne, and that the Burning Legion initially presume the scourge will help them achieve their goals; even if it's never been explicitly stated Frostmorne is the third in that trio of weapons designed by the Burning Legion to aid in their invasion of Azeroth during Aegwynn's era. The Armor as well was left behind & lost until they were found by Ner'zul, (perhaps not until after he died). All 4 artifacts have a connection to undeath...

Frostmorne - Traps even warded souls inside its blade
    Apocalypse - Reconsitutes even pulverized dead bodies for animation
    Ulthalesh - Convert Souls into mana
    Crown of Domination - Enslaves Undead to your will

Damn. Looks pretty cool. Good to see that they paid attention to the transition phase between paladin Arthas and Dk Arthas.

7+ Year Old Account
    just wanted to put this good boy here

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    just wanted to put this good boy here

Looks like a shark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    I'm personally expecting a surprise announcement at Blizzcon, something along the lines of "and it's available now!" but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Available for preorder right NOW!

"release date expected between 2021 and the end of time"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Looks like a shark.
    the nether dragons do look like sharks, hanged with the nether energies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

Haven't seen the model yet.
    Model (along with a bunch of others) is available at https://mega.nz/#F!wcZ0BIDR!45Z2S59H...x_hdA!YUQCzYJY

Quickly ripped and uploaded to imgur:

"Night Elf Battleship"

Last edited by Lollis; 2019-10-18 at 11:46 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Every day I see more and more of this game knowing that I can't play it brings me great pain... Enough people have broken into the game already, just release the Beta already, Blizzard! PLEASE!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    How are they handling all of this? The high level of details in the models, the model for a dragon which never made it into the original game, the tiny-tiny nuances the’re putting in...are they updating all these models manually? Or do they have some sort of algorithm which can do it for them automatically?
    They do it themselves and outsource it to Lemon Sky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    Every day I see more and more of this game knowing that I can't play it brings me great pain... Enough people have broken into the game already, just release the Beta already, Blizzard! PLEASE!!!
    No chance with Blizzcon this close.

Formerly known as Arafal

Blizzcon is going to be a "good" show at least....